What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trumps youth camps (1 Viewer)

Right. Therefore the conditions at the center only just became a problem. And now it's a Trump Youth Camp.
Right, when the new policy led to adding 2000 kids to the facilities in a short period of time all of whom recently went through enormous trauma at our hands.  Previously the children were mostly teenagers who crossed unaccompanied.

Right, when the new policy led to adding 2000 kids to the facilities in a short period of time all of whom recently went through enormous trauma at our hands.  Previously the children were mostly teenagers who crossed unaccompanied.
I understand people don't agree with the policy. Debate the policy if you want. But the conditions of the camp are what they are, they have been as such since before Trump got in office. These aren't Trump Youth Camps. Funny nobody cared about the conditions before now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand people don't agree with the policy. Debate the policy if you want. But the conditions of the camp are what they are, they have been as such since before Trump got in office. These aren't Trump Youth Camps. Funny nobody cared about the conditions before now.
To be fair, I don't think anybody knew about this before now.  But its ramped up considerably and its Trump's policy now.  He could end it today, but instead chooses to use it as a negotiating chip.

I understand people don't agree with the policy. Debate the policy if you want. But the conditions of the camp are what they are, they have been as such since before Trump got in office. These aren't Trump Youth Camps. 
The policy is monstrous and entirely the product of the Trump administration and I couldn’t care less what the facilities are called.  Trump turned them into the child torture centers they are today, he deserves to be blasted in every way possible. And it’s not like he and his supporters play fair, so you reap what you sow I guess :shrug:

This isn't true. The centers have been there for a while. 
For you and NFL2DF - Popehat wrote it better than I could have - 

/4 BUT -- here's the part the administrations' defenders cannot escape. The administration made a conscious, deliberate choice to make a dramatic change in enforcement, with the resulting mass separation and incarceration of children a SPECIFIC CONTEMPLATED GOAL of the policy.

/5 To use a war analogy, this is the difference between bombing knowing that civilians will be killed, and deliberately dramatically increasing bombing in a particular area to increase civilian casualties to weaken resolve. They are morally distinct.

/6 The Administration talked tough about embarking on a plan to separate more kids from parents, to deter parents and -- given this administration -- to own the libs. They aimed for the result and hit it. Now they won't own it once it's unpopular. They display moral cowardice.

/7 The criticisms that we haven't cared enough in the past about DIFFERENT migrants and DIFFERENT kids are fair and true, but don't change the fact that the administration bragged in advance about taking deliberate aim at these kids, as a policy. /end

White House Press Conference delayed for hours because Sarah Sanders refuses to be the one that has to take the heat for this child separation and imprisonment. They are flying someone else in from New Orleans to take the Heat. Not sure if it's a rare moment of morality for Sanders or she's just too weak to take the heat.
Let's give her some credit....perhaps she's finally had enough?  Of course that isn't an excuse for any previous behavior, but maybe we are witnessing her hitting her limit :shrug:  

Where was all of your hysteria in 2014 when Obama admin was literally putting brown kids in cages?

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Please link to the threads started and outrage shared back then. 

Otherwise admit you don't care about any of this, you are just eaten alive with hatred for a guy who has beaten you day in and day out for 2+ years. 

And that you are incapable of original thought, only capable of regurgitating what CNN tells you to think.
Do you even read what you post?  Yes, the photos were from 2014.  But the facts and circumstances are significantly different.  Separating children from their families never happened before, and it certainly isn't required under any law.   This is Trump and Sessions at their most vile, cruel and racist.  

"In 2014, we saw an enormous spike compared to what usually happens every year, in the number of kids crossing alone into the United States," she said. "And we didn't have enough shelter facilities, because we had a huge increase, so kids ended up piling up in Border Patrol lock-ups, which are no places for children."

She continued:

"What the Obama administration did, which is what the law requires, is to find shelter facilities for those kids, which were put together by the Department of Health and Human Services. So the goal was to get kids out of the Border Patrol, into proper care by HHS, and then HHS is supposed to release them to the least restrictive setting, and in more than 80% of the cases, that was their parents who were already in the United States."
Both Favreau and Muñoz argued that the Trump administration's policy of separating families at the border is different from the Obama administration's handling of unaccompanied children.

"This policy is new, cruel, and unprecedented," Favreau tweeted. "It was not an Obama policy. It was not a Bush policy. It was not a Clinton policy. That is a fact. And that is what all of us — Democrats and Republicans — should want changed as soon as humanly possible."

Where was all of your hysteria in 2014 when Obama admin was literally putting brown kids in cages?
The Obama administration was bad on immigration issues and I said so at the time.

Admittedly, I didn't know they were putting kids in cages.  Had I known that, I would have condemned that as well.  My prior ignorance doesn't make this administration's actions okay.

Edit: To be fair, it sounds like Obama's policy with regard to underage illegals was morally much better than Trump's.  I don't pretend to be an expert on the history of US immigration policy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Please link to the threads started and outrage shared back then. 

Otherwise admit you don't care about any of this, you are just eaten alive with hatred for a guy who has beaten you day in and day out for 2+ years. 

And that you are incapable of original thought, only capable of regurgitating what CNN tells you to think.
If I had known about it then, I would have posted my dislike. I posted a lot of negative posts about Obama and his use of drones killing innocent people. Where were you for that?

Do you really care about the girls?

How about the fact that the majority of females brought from Central America to the US are sexually assaulted?

Are you even aware of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_assault_of_migrants_from_Latin_America_to_the_United_States

Encouraging this behavior (illegal immigration) is encouraging the sexual assault of brown females. 

Let that sink in as you are counting your virtues. 

I trust that many of you have honest intentions. You care about humans. However, time and time again, you show that you have no clue what is actually happening, only what CNN and Twitter bots tell you to think. I encourage all of you to do some independent research when subjects like this come up so that you don't continue to embarrass yourself every time you post. 

I was suspended for speaking against the mob here last month, lets see if it happens again. 
I asked if it is all girls? Why am I getting grouped in with your posts?

Love the idea that playing audio of crying kids is going to make a difference.  I mean we already have morons using phrases like "child actors" so you think they give a #### about Mexican kids.   Using emotion isn't going to help.  

although I do have to say this liberals thinking that calling this place a "concentration camp" really is killing their argument.  It is a pathetic and inhumane situation that Trump tripled down on what Obama allowed to happened.  But until I see bodies stacked to the sky and kids coming out of these camps about 50-75 pounds less than they came in than stop it.   .   Internment camps maybe but again what we did to Japanese americans and the complete burial in our history is pretty shameful.   It shows a lack of knowledge on history

But don't get it twisted, history will not be on your side

Love the idea that playing audio of crying kids is going to make a difference.  I mean we already have morons using phrases like "child actors" so you think they give a #### about Mexican kids.   Using emotion isn't going to help.  

although I do have to say this liberals thinking that calling this place a "concentration camp" really is killing their argument.  It is a pathetic and inhumane situation that Trump tripled down on what Obama allowed to happened.  But until I see bodies stacked to the sky and kids coming out of these camps about 50-75 pounds less than they came in than stop it.   .   Internment camps maybe but again what we did to Japanese americans and the complete burial in our history is pretty shameful.   It shows a lack of knowledge on history
How is separating children from their families Obama's fault?  Other than the fact that Trump tweeted that?

But don't get it twisted, history will not be on your side
Yeah laura bush known liberal

Again this was a door that Obama cracked open and allowed the scumbags to kick it down. It isn't like these cages (AND THEY ARE CAGES) were built in 2016.   Obama would have never gone to this extreme to appeal to their scared snowflakes

Go away...everyone except the trolls agree this is terrible
The republican base entered the Trump presidency FULLY AWARE that the democrats were almost certain to just keep throwing controversy after controversy at Trump until something sticks.  They aren't idiots.  They know what the left is doing.  Which is why this won't have the outcome you think it will.  The GOP base has truly had enough.  They are done.  The democrats will actually lose this issue as well.

But this may be the turning point. The democrats will be purely convinced everyone "rational" is on their side on this issue.  So they will go for it.  They will go for removing Trump.  And it will backfire and lead to civil unrest.

Again this was a door that Obama cracked open and allowed the scumbags to kick it down. It isn't like these cages (AND THEY ARE CAGES) were built in 2016.   Obama would have never gone to this extreme to appeal to their scared snowflakes
Did the Obama administration separate children from families?  Yes or no.

Did the Obama administration separate children from families?  Yes or no.
Nope.   Like I said Obama would have never gone to this extreme.  Again it is Trump making sure that his 40% of scared snowflakes are still all in.   It is was a horrible policy from Day 1 that should have never been done.  

All I was saying that you aren't going to win this argument by comparing this to something that killed tens of thousands of people.  Although the longer this goes on the more likely something deadly will happen.  And then republicans are realy screwed.

Oh and by the way, anybody that uses the bible as your argument judgement day is going to stink for you

If you try to remove Trump based on that premise, you WILL get civil unrest. I guarantee it.  I damn well guarantee it. 
Who's looking at removing Trump for this?   I think people want him to: (1) stop lying that this is based on some kind of law; (2) admit that it's his/Sessions' policy; and (3) end this misguided and inhumane policy.

Ted Cruz introduced emergency legislation today:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/18/ted-cruz-immigrant-families-together-border-texas/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

“Doubling the number of federal immigration judges, from roughly 375 to 750.

Authorizing new temporary shelters with accommodations to keep families together.

Mandating that illegal immigrant families be kept together, absent aggravated criminal conduct or threat of harm to children.

Providing for expedited processing and review of asylum cases so that — within 14 days — those who meet the legal standards will be granted”

Incorrect again

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/18/ted-cruz-immigrant-families-together-border-texas/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Authorizing new temporary shelters with accommodations to keep families together.

Mandating that illegal immigrant families be kept together, absent aggravated criminal conduct or threat of harm to children.

Providing for expedited processing and review of asylum cases so that — within 14 days — those who meet the legal standards will be granted”
Just what I would expect from the son of the guy who killed JFK.

When Ted Cruz is the voice of reason, you know Trump/Sessions are way off base.

Republicans finally have something they can safely oppose Trump on.   Except McConnell, who will just pull his head inside his shell.  

On the surface...good job Ted.

This is yet another problem that the past four administrations have ignored.

They (republican & democrat) have all known that our immigration laws were a debacle but they (republican & democrat) kicked the can down the road by ignoring the problem (just like NOKO).  Trump will catch the fallout until he gets it fixed...and he will get it fixed by holding Congress' feet to the fire until it is done.

He could be like previous administrations and choose not to enforce the laws but that would fix nothing, it would simply kick the can further down the road.

Fix the damn immigration laws....close the loopholes...and Trump will have no choice but to follow.  He was elected to enforce laws.

damn...how difficult is this to understand?

They (republican & democrat) have all known that our immigration laws were a debacle but they (republican & democrat) kicked the can down the road by ignoring the problem (just like NOKO).  Trump will catch the fallout until he gets it fixed...and he will get it fixed by holding Congress' feet to the fire until it is done.

He could be like previous administrations and choose not to enforce the laws but that would fix nothing, it would simply kick the can further down the road.

Fix the damn immigration laws....close the loopholes...and Trump will have no choice but to follow.
It’s his policy...quit the “it’s everyone else’s fault” crap.

Fix the damn immigration laws....close the loopholes...and Trump will have no choice but to follow.
Separating children from families is not enforcement of any law.   It is a Trump/Sessions policy--nothing more, nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread