What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it appropriate part 2 (1 Viewer)

Appropriate?

• Totally Appropriate

Votes: 61 39.6%
  • Kinda Appropriate

Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Kinda Inappropriate

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • Totally Inappropriate

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters

Ned

Footballguy
You’re happily married and go to a strip club for a friend’s bachelor party and got a lap dance. 

Appropriate or no?

It's been bugging me for a while. We've tolerated the "Is it appropriate?" threads for a while but I've never been comfortable with it. We are going to stop allowing these here. I know not everyone is going to like this and I know there are other places you can go. Please feel free to do that if this isn't the place for you.

Thanks.

-G

It's been bugging me for a while. We've tolerated the "Is it appropriate?" threads for a while but I've never been comfortable with it. We are going to stop allowing these here. I know not everyone is going to like this and I know there are other places you can go. Please feel free to do that if this isn't the place for you.

Thanks.

-G
You forgot the apology....and i had nothing to do with this one

Thanks.

-G
Also forgot the "you might disagree with this and that's ok."

Ned said:
You’re happily married and go to a strip club for a friend’s bachelor party and got a lap dance. 

Appropriate or no?
Problem here is, people at the bachelor party are probably in you and your wife's circle of friends. And there's always that one guy who can't keep his mouth shut.

And then word spreads that you're getting lap dances behind your wife's back, and you become some kind of social piranha. 

I once held the “beaver” light for a buddy’s party 

pretty sure she still owes me a dance 

Just going to throw kinda random somewhat lame similar venue type stories in these threads.  Not sure where else on the net to drop them:

A roommate had a bachelor party that hit a local non Downtown "social establishment".  Maybe had a pokerlike name.  I paid for a social interaction.  Not the Best girl (IQ-wise of course), but the effort was there, maybe top 10%tile.  20 guys in the party.  Groom just keeps her rolling.  I assume others are covering the "math lessons".  At some point I talk to a couple other guys.  Nope.  No one else paying.  I had to negotiate with the "prospective college girl" after like 10 "lessons".  Ended up splitting the cost with another awesome real life football buddy. 

F'in college roommates drillin me for a couple months worth of loan payments.

Some wives are cool with their husband going to a strip club/getting lap dances and some wives are very not cool with it. I think you abide by the wife’s wishes on strip clubs.

She doesn’t like it if you meet the guys at a bar for a few drinks or play golf on Saturday mornings she can get over it but a strip club is a battle not worth the fight and consequences imo.

Some wives are cool with their husband going to a strip club/getting lap dances and some wives are very not cool with it. I think you abide by the wife’s wishes on strip clubs.

She doesn’t like it if you meet the guys at a bar for a few drinks or play golf on Saturday mornings she can get over it but a strip club is a battle not worth the fight and consequences imo.
I think this is the way to go, really. Sage advice here.  

When my wife and I were first dating I went out of town with the boys.  She knew we would hit up a strip club or a few.  She asked me to be honest, so of course I told her the events of the evening.  She said she thought she was fine with dances but in actuality didn't feel comfortable with it.  So for the next few years anytime the occasion called for one, I went but didn't get a dance.  Ok, still got the views and saved some cash.  A few years later she went with me to a couple clubs locally.  She got a dance (or three) at one, and realized they are nothing for her to be worried about.  So from then on I am free to get them as I choose.

B Maverick said:
When my wife and I were first dating I went out of town with the boys.  She knew we would hit up a strip club or a few.  She asked me to be honest, so of course I told her the events of the evening.  She said she thought she was fine with dances but in actuality didn't feel comfortable with it.  So for the next few years anytime the occasion called for one, I went but didn't get a dance.  Ok, still got the views and saved some cash.  A few years later she went with me to a couple clubs locally.  She got a dance (or three) at one, and realized they are nothing for her to be worried about.  So from then on I am free to get them as I choose.
Your wife sounds awesome.

This is pretty much it.  Everyone's opinions of lap dances are going to be different, but the only one that really matters is the wife of the guy in question.  Happy wife, happy life and all that.

There's a strip club down the street from where I live. The owner has a sign out front that he changes from time to time with sometimes witty remarks.

The latest:

Performing Arts Summer Camp

Users who are viewing this thread