What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love A Better Debut Than Guns N' Roses's Appetite For Destruction? (1 Viewer)

Too Fast Or Appetite?

• Too Fast

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Appetite

Votes: 100 89.3%

• Total voters

rockaction

Footballguy
It's time to focus on something important tonight, this Friday evening. Is Too Fast For Love, with Live Wire, Public Enemy #1, Too Fast For Love, and On With The Show somehow, in any way, superior to Appetite with Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Rocket Queen, and Paradise City? 

I say they're about equal, with the edge to Too Fast. 

What say you?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Best punk or proto-punk glam/trash song ever? 

Nominating Loose by the Stooges or Jetboy by the New York Dolls. So much swagger.  

Crazy talk.
I was hoping to be universally mocked, reviled, and pilloried (what does that mean, anyway?). 

Still love me some Too Fast...Going on sale on vinyl at amazon for 11 bucks at the end of the month. 180-gram weight (BIG TIME VINYL) only carries a 27.94 or so dollar Prime price. 

I'd look into it.  

We still listen to GNR
Yeah, but that might be a mistake. People still listen to a lot of dumb stuff, and a lot of great stuff gets lost in the ether.

I'm just saying your logic might be off here. Or, it might be perfect. But that's why I started the poll.  

I also vote for Hanoi Rocks as one of the greatest glam/trash bands ever whose debut I think is better than both of these bands - and Axl has the replicated rose/Mike Monroe tattoo and Uzi/Suicide label to prove it - and normal people would say, "Yeah, but we still don't listen to Hanoi." 

Who cares? Bangkok Shocks, Saigon Shakes is still the greatest glam/trash eighties debut ever (even though it was '79 or '81 -- I've heard both) and nobody can tell me otherwise. Why do we care what squares think?  

I’m a fan of both bands, so this is subjective based on the amount of wine/tequila/vodka/cannabis I’ve consumed in the last 3 hrs:

”Too Fast For Love” > “Appetite For Dstruction” 

i will accept all criticism. #LiveWire

I’m a fan of both bands, so this is subjective based on the amount of wine/tequila/vodka/cannabis I’ve consumed in the last 3 hrs:

”Too Fast For Love” > “Appetite For Dstruction” 

i will accept all criticism. #LiveWire
I will accept all criticism of my Hanoi comment. #Tragedy/Pretender

eta* LOVE all three bands, plus any band mentioned in here so far.  

Yeah, but that might be a mistake. People still listen to a lot of dumb stuff, and a lot of great stuff gets lost in the ether.

I'm just saying your logic might be off here. Or, it might be perfect. But that's why I started the poll.  
I don’t think Motley Crue is filling that void

I also vote for Hanoi Rocks as one of the greatest glam/trash bands ever whose debut I think is better than both of these bands - and Axl has the replicated rose/Mike Monroe tattoo and Uzi/Suicide label to prove it - and normal people would say, "Yeah, but we still don't listen to Hanoi." 

Who cares? Bangkok Shocks, Saigon Shakes is still the greatest glam/trash eighties debut ever (even though it was '79 or '81) and nobody can tell me otherwise. Why do we care what squares think?  
If we’re limiting the discussion to “best glam/trash” debut albums between 80 and 90, I think ya gotta throw Kix (“Blow My Fuse”) in the mix. Probably W.A.S.P too. 

Too fast for love is excellent, but no shout at the devil 

Too Fast is still a great album 
I think they peaked with Too Fast and hit a plateau with Shout At The Devil, but I'm not here to argue, only to rock. 

Early Crue -- serious biz.  

If we’re limiting the discussion to “best glam/trash” debut albums between 80 and 90, I think ya gotta throw Kix (“Blow My Fuse”) in the mix. Probably W.A.S.P too. 
I think Kix was long-time from Baltimore when Blow My Fuse hit, though, right? 

K_ix rocked. I had to do that underscore because of autocorrect at the beginning of a sentence. But that album was awesome.  

Appetite is my favorite album of all time, so of course I think it's better. But it's apples and oranges.

Too Fast For Love was self-produced and its first edition sold 900 copies. Appetite had the full power of Geffen behind it.

Too Fast could be though to be more analogous to Live Like a Suicide, but not really. UZI Suicide label was Geffen.

GN'R was ordained by the gods to be huge. And I love them, so praise be unto the gods.

Appetite is my favorite album of all time, so of course I think it's better. But it's apples and oranges.

Too Fast For Love was self-produced and its first edition sold 900 copies. Appetite had the full power of Geffen behind it.

Too Fast could be though to be more analogous to Live Like a Suicide, but not really. UZI Suicide label was Geffen.

GN'R was ordained by the gods to be huge. And I love them, so praise be unto the gods.
And you can hear it. And I love it. Argle bargle. Punk ####in' rock.  

Fine.  Exile is close.  Otherwise guns wins going away 
Appetite For Destruction is better than: 

1. Pet Sounds
  2. Revolver and Rubber Soul
  3. The Village Green Preservation Society
Guns N' Roses can't even get around Thin Lizzy or Skynyrd for best hard rock album.  

Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue are hard rock acts. 

By the way, good to see you, Abe. Been a long time and there are people who know you here a lot better than me, but it's good to see you.  

Hi five 
:hifive:

Guns N' Roses is great, don't get me wrong. But I'm sitting here next to a copy of Pet Sounds and Today! thinking that Abe might be getting ahead of himself considering a few things:  

1. the entire indie scene of '97-'12 was influenced by the Beach Boys and Guns have had little influence outside Avenged Sevenfold.
  2. Pet Sounds is universally hailed as one of the top rock/pop albums, ever
  3. The Beatles
  4. The freaking Kinks riffs in their early years
  5. everything, everything, everything
The greatest rock album ever? That's a tall order.  

Poll is about what I expected. Later Crue albums were awesome but the first one doesn’t come close to Appetite.  

I am really trying to be more open minded to ideas I don't immediately agree with.

You're testing my limits. 

I am really trying to be more open minded to ideas I don't immediately agree with.

You're testing my limits. 
Never is too late to check into the Friday night drunk thread on my end. 

:)

Crue still rules, but I love the wipeout in the pole. 

Good question here.

I got Too Fast For Love in early high school...loved it...but don't really remember my first exposure...just remember having it.

Appetite For Destruction however...whoa...I remember every detail of my first listen. I was in my frat brother's room with about a dozen other guys hitting a 10 foot bong, when in comes Rick with the newly released album. He puts it in the onkyo tape deck and the sound begins to boom from the JBLs!

Blown away!

Gotta vote AfD here. 

One of my favorites, but I should have been more specific. I was thinking about sex and/or sexuality, and never specified it.

Trip At The Brain? Entirely different animal.  

ST was great, though.   
You see, I was drinking a little last night and read trash as thrash.  I think ST might have fit if that were the case.  That being said, I'll submit another pretty strong glam trash debut.

It's not Crue, but you cant blame them for that.

You see, I was drinking a little last night and read trash as thrash.  I think ST might have fit if that were the case.  That being said, I'll submit another pretty strong glam trash debut.

It's not Crue, but you cant blame them for that.
HA! :D

I remember the first time I heard this song as well.

I was sitting in my friends family room...hitting a 2 foot bong...and in comes Tony... 

...hmmm...I'm starting to see a pattern here...  :unsure:

Good question here.

I got Too Fast For Love in early high school...loved it...but don't really remember my first exposure...just remember having it.

Appetite For Destruction however...whoa...I remember every detail of my first listen. I was in my frat brother's room with about a dozen other guys hitting a 10 foot bong, when in comes Rick with the newly released album. He puts it in the onkyo tape deck and the sound begins to boom from the JBLs!

Blown away!

Gotta vote AfD here. 
I gave you the like, of course, for the Onkyo. 

winks. 

Appetite is a great album; I just love the feel of Motley's first. It has a Hanoi-like spontaneous quality to it that I dig. Somebody mentioned the self-produced, self-production budget. You always wonder what you can with a budget; I think of Jack White's song Little Room. 

When you're in your little room

And you're working on something good

But if it's really good 

You're gonna need a bigger room 

And when you're in the bigger room

You might not know what to do

You might have to think of how you got started

Sittin' in your little room 

Such true words.  

Actually, even though people liked this post, it's not getting enough love. I'd never known Too Fast was self-produced, for some reason. Always loved the album, never really looked into that aspect of it.  

Users who are viewing this thread