What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MSNBC jumping the shark?...Ratings indicate yes (2 Viewers)

jon_mx

Footballguy
Joe Scarborough:  “So why is she lying this much?” I know children are being ripped from their mother’s arms, even while they’re being breast-fed. I know children are being marched away to showers, marched away to showers. Being told they are — just like the Nazis — said that they were taking people to the showers and then they never came back.”

I mean 'just like the Nazis'!  Well minus the poisonous gas, but hey minor difference.  Not a huge fan of Trump's hardline crackdown on these border crossings, but separating children from detainees was not Trump's idea, it was a law passed seemingly to protect children several years back.   This type of Nazi death camp rhetoric on this #1 network plays right into the hands of Trump.  

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: .  People here never disappoint.  Carry on DU.  
You started the thread. Were you just hoping a bunch of trump supporters with their heads buried in the sand come here and and pat you on the back?  

As for your premise that this isn't Trump's fault, he could end this travesty today and you know it. He is doing horrible terroristic things to Children and Families in an effort to use it as a bargaining chip to getting his wall built. And if you don't agree that that's a horrible thing, then you are equally as horrible of a person as Trump is. 

You started the thread. Were you just hoping a bunch of trump supporters with their heads buried in the sand come here and and pat you on the back?  

As for your premise that this isn't Trump's fault, he could end this travesty today and you know it. He is doing horrible terroristic things to Children and Families in an effort to use it as a bargaining chip to getting his wall built. And if you don't agree that that's a horrible thing, then you are equally as horrible of a person as Trump is. 
1.  I know who the audience here is.  There are not a bunch of Trump supporters here. 

2.  I stated I was not a supporter of his hardline stance and realize that is the primary cause.  

But other than being totally wrong in your characterizations about my motives and arguements, do you have a point?   You believe Nazi rhetoric is a winning tactic?  

1.  I know who the audience here is.  There are not a bunch of Trump supporters here. 

2.  I stated I was not a supporter of his hardline stance and realize that is the primary cause.  

But other than being totally wrong in your characterizations about my motives and arguements, do you have a point?   You believe Nazi rhetoric is a winning tactic?  
Do you think ignoring all the Nazi-like tendencies of this president is a winning tactic?  You mentioned gassing people in your original post. Is that the point that you finally would agree that he's showing a slight bit of Nazi tendency?

The problem is the left are using the children to fight a different issue.  The central issue concerns cracking down on illegal border crossings.   The could work to fix how children are being treated, but that does not seem to be the end goal.  They apparently are more interested in stoping Trump from trying to stop the border crossings.  

Oh. And there is zero standing in the way of an executive order modifying this law if DTS really cared but we all know he doesn't. Why do we insist on such a charade?  To make the other side look bad?

Do you think ignoring all the Nazi-like tendencies of this president is a winning tactic?  You mentioned gassing people in your original post. Is that the point that you finally would agree that he's showing a slight bit of Nazi tendency?
:lmao:

Oh. And there is zero standing in the way of an executive order modifying this law if DTS really cared but we all know he doesn't. Why do we insist on such a charade?  To make the other side look bad?
There are court rulings and law.  This has to be done by Congress. EO's can't over ride. 

The problem is the left are using the children to fight a different issue.  The central issue concerns cracking down on illegal border crossings.   The could work to fix how children are being treated, but that does not seem to be the end goal.  They apparently are more interested in stoping Trump from trying to stop the border crossings.  
The left are using the children to fight a different issue?  Seriously? It's the left that said "I'm keeping these children away from their parents and all you need to do to stop it is build my wall"?

Override?  No. Alter? Of course. Just like they did with DACA. I have to chuckle at this all of a sudden concern with the rule of law though. Does anyone really buy that?
You can not modify laws especially when the courts have clarified.  There is no grey area.  

The left are using the children to fight a different issue?  Seriously? It's the left that said "I'm keeping these children away from their parents and all you need to do to stop it is build my wall"?
This is the problem I have with Trump supporters. If you're going to support everything this guy does, at least have the balls to come out and admit that you see what he's doing here. And that you're fine with it. The guy can't get his wall passed the right way, so he is taking these children hostage and trying to play on the Public's sympathy in an effort to pressure Democrats into passing a bill for a wall.  It would be such a wonderful day if I could just see one Trump supporter say that they see what he's doing and it's terrible. Instead, they want to criticize news networks. Talk about burying your head in the sand.

This is the problem I have with Trump supporters. If you're going to support everything this guy does, at least have the balls to come out and admit that you see what he's doing here. And that you're fine with it. The guy can't get his wall passed the right way, so he is taking these children hostage and trying to play on the Public's sympathy in an effort to pressure Democrats into passing a bill for a wall.  It would be such a wonderful day if I could just see one Trump supporter say that they see what he's doing and it's terrible. Instead, they want to criticize news networks. Talk about burying your head in the sand.
And jon just said... boff sidez!

Good one.  So, a guy walks up to a family, points a gun at child's head and says "give me all your money or I'll shoot the kid".  When bystanders plead with him to let the kid go, it's the bystanders who are using the children caught in the middle.  Got it. 
Yes.  That is exactly what happened, just like the Nazi showers.    :lmao:

So far we have:

1.  Make it personal

2.  Lies about motives

3.  Mischaracterized arguements

4.  Gross generalizations

5.  Terrible analogies

6.  Zero admission of fault from the left.

Great discussion guys!  :thumbup:

So far we have:

1.  Make it personal

2.  Lies about motives

5.  Terrible analogies

Let's be fair, your opening post didn't really open the door to a quality conversation.  Your opening post was an attack and you got attacked back.  If you didn't see this coming maybe you can learn from it.

Wow, just wow. It’s Trump I setting the kids into the middle of this by barbarically separating them.  But keep on blaming the left for everything, Johnson supporter.

So far we have:

1.  Make it personal

2.  Lies about motives

5.  Terrible analogies

6 non-sequitors....I thought for sure you’d have a top 10 by now...you’re slipping. SAD! Low Energy!

More lies and mischaracterization.   This place is awesome. 
Then state your opinion on this? Instead of all this trolling and blaming the left. This is why you get attacked. You come in and troll but you don't have the guts to admit that you have no problem with what Trump's doing here. Spineless.

Then state your opinion on this? Instead of all this trolling and blaming the left. This is why you get attacked. You come in and troll but you don't have the guts to admit that you have no problem with what trumps doing here. Spineless.
:lmao: .  I stated my opinion in the OP.   I do not favor the crackdown.  

So far we have:

1.  Make it personal

2.  Lies about motives

5.  Terrible analogies

On second page and still have not received one halfway decent comment.  

Not a huge fan of Trump's hardline crackdown on these border crossings, but separating children from detainees was not Trump's idea, it was a law passed seemingly to protect children several years back. 
Jon,

What law are you referring to here?

As far as I know, this separating of children has nothing to do with any law; rather it was a policy drafted by Chief of Staff John Kelley and AG Jeff Sessions.

Or, are you referring to a different law?

I feel like Trump’s Presidency, in most cases, can be better explained by Hanlon's razor:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I just think the man is not very smart.

Users who are viewing this thread