What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeff Sessions quoting bible passages (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure a lot of past Presidents have spoken quotes from the Bible. World is just different now and people get furious about everything. 

Feels a little too churchy/statey.  Am I right?

This is a US Constitution thread.  Not a political thread.  So please don’t beam me down to that bad place.

TIA
No worries, Oats cuz....well....That place isn't real.

(Oh, unless you meant, like, Florida.  Then yeah....please don't throw me down in that there briar patch!", etc.")

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, Oats cuz....well....That place isn't real.

(Oh, unless you meant, like, Florida.  Then yeah....please don't throw me down in that there briar patch!", etc.")
I am referring to a certain subforum that shall not be named. 

I am referring to a certain subforum that shall not be named. 
I think you pretty much started a political thread in the main forum and attempted to get away with it. 

'Tis cool. But that's what you just did. It's overtly political/constitutional.

:chuckles:

Good effort, though.  

Like most fake-scum Christian's he quoted one part, out of context, in furtherance of a policy that is a violation of the rest of the verse, and demanded an adherance to the example of the passage instead of the teaching of the Word.

In other words, #### him.
Did you just call Jeff Sessions a "fake scum Christian" sir?  I assure you that Jeff Sessions is 100% real, authentic scum, and to have you belittle a lifetime of effort to reach his lofty status of scumminess is frankly offensive.

Feels a little too churchy/statey.  Am I right?

This is a US Constitution thread.  Not a political thread.  So please don’t beam me down to that bad place.

TIA
Completely. But it plays to that segment so what do they care. It’s pretty disgusting to blatantly pander that obviously and pervert Christianity to further their own goals but somehow the people being pandered to are oblivious to it.

Like most fake-scum Christian's he quoted one part, out of context, in furtherance of a policy that is a violation of the rest of the verse, and demanded an adherance to the example of the passage instead of the teaching of the Word.

In other words, #### him.
One thing I'll never forget from being christian, there's always some other christians that think you are not a real christian.

Completely. But it plays to that segment so what do they care. It’s pretty disgusting to blatantly pander that obviously and pervert Christianity to further their own goals but somehow the people being pandered to are oblivious to it.
Wait you mean most of the population isn’t that smart?

Go figure. 

I wonder if there is some  loophole when it comes to the establishment clause that basically says “we’re not really injecting religion here because we’re being totally insincere”?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, but notwithstanding the foregoing, Keebler Elves may freely misquote religious texts in an effort to drum up support from the dim.  

the bible seems the only book from eons ago that people want to follow to the letter of the law.  heck, a cookbook from the 1960s says to use cigarettes ground up as a topping on cakes.

the bible seems the only book from eons ago that people want to follow to the letter of the law.  heck, a cookbook from the 1960s says to use cigarettes ground up as a topping on cakes.
I used to be one of them. 

It's a mindset. If you read it with the belief that it's god's word, somehow in your mind it makes even the ridiculous things it says seem okay, or at least don't need to be focused on, or ignored completely. 

But if you read it like it was the word of people thousands of years ago, then the ridiculous things stand out pretty well and are hard to ignore. 

I used to read it all the time, but now I can't read it without thinking the god of the bible is 100 times worse than Hitler. 

Users who are viewing this thread