What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can Trump be considered a fascist? (1 Viewer)

that's true ... blacks are bigoted towards whites, LGBT is bigoted towards straight people too .... it goes all ways

I don't think Trump is bigoted towards people on skin color or gender or sexual choices ..... I know that's not a popular opinion here
1. Pure crap. 100%.

2. There’s a reason for that.

1. Pure crap. 100%.

2. There’s a reason for that.
if you think intolerance, hate, unacceptance etc is reserved for certain colors of skin, certain genders or people with certain sexual preferences you are 100% wrong - all that comes from the person deep down

the hate from the liberal left is unprecedented right now - I believe you've said as much to that fact before, that the right has to be stopped at all costs right?

if you think intolerance, hate, unacceptance etc is reserved for certain colors of skin, certain genders or people with certain sexual preferences you are 100% wrong - all that comes from the person deep down

the hate from the liberal left is unprecedented right now - I believe you've said as much to that fact before, that the right has to be stopped at all costs right?
The LGBT community isn’t bigoted towards straight people.  That’s just ridiculous.

Actually some are behind closed doors
“Some” = the community?

The notion that the LBGT community wanting equal rights means that they are bigoted towards straight people is absolutely absurd.

Reminds me of the bad old days when women who were fighting for equality were called “man-haters”.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
“Some” = the community?

The notion that the LBGT community wanting equal rights means that they are bigoted towards straight people is absolutely absurd.

Reminds me of the bad old days when women who were fighting for equality were called “man-haters”.
I'm telling you straight people get excluded sometimes.

My personal favorite among the rant style comedy political commentators actually focused on this question in his latest video: Trump Isn't Hitler

I'm guessing this won't convince anyone that isn't already on board with the idea that Trump/Trumpism is a form of fascism, but I thought this video explained a lot of my own personal thoughts that I have had trouble getting across at times.
Another video in this series was just put out: Trumpism Is Just A Synonym For Fascism. Definitely worth a watch if you're interested in the viewpoint of a left leaning person on this subject.
If only for @Maurile Tremblay, the conclusion of the series on Fascism: If You Don't Want To Be Called A Fascist, Stop Supporting Donald Trump, A Fascist

Obviously the recent child internment camp news resulting in Nazi comparisons isn't the first (nor will it be the last) time someone has pulled out that other N word when talking about Trump. This seems to always inevitably devolve into a back and forth argument of those on the left semi-gleefully calling Trump and the right "Nazis", while those on the right take obvious offense to being called something so terrible.

However, I think a real problem is that Nazis are the defacto stand in for fascists, despite there being many kinds of fascists with many that didn't reach the level of "pure evil" that Nazis have come to represent to a modern person.

Personally, I don't think there is a very valid argument to make against the idea that Trump at the very least has fascist tendencies (personally, I'd skip the mealy mouthed talk and just call him a fascist).

These days, calling someone a fascist is a pejorative, but when fascism came about in the early 20th century in Italy, it was merely a political philosophy. It was only the eventual outcome of those original political ideas that gave the term the connotations that everyone (even people who would agree with fascist policies) wants to avoid being associated with. If you strip out all of the historical baggage of fascism and attempt to evaluate Trump and his ascendency as it compares to some generally accepted aspects of the political philosophy of fascism, I don't see how you can come to a conclusion that Trump and his "core" don't at least fall on the spectrum, but I'd love to see counter arguments.

While there is no settled upon dictionary definition of the term, there are some common themes to fascism that are often present that I'm going to use as a summary:

• Fascists desire strong central leadership (often eventually ending up as a dictatorship) predicated on a desire for national unity and promotion of nationalist identity. 
  • They believe that this strong central leadership with little (or ideally, no) opposition is necessary to restore national unity and order.
  • They focus on an idea of a need for "rebirth" of the nation due to perceived community decline, humiliation, or victimhood at the hands of other nations.
  • Claim to draw their power (and in many cases, do) from "the people" and function as a populist movement, however it is almost always lead by some segment of traditional elites.
  • Often make use of ethnic stereotypes and fear of foreigners in a desire to strengthen internal unity.
  • Oppose the far left, have a disdain for parliamentary liberalism and the traditional processes of modern Western government, and often eventually turn on traditional conservatism as it proves unwilling to do what the fascists deem necessary. Draws their primary base of support from those on the far right.
  • Believe in an aggressive foreign policy in both the military and economic spheres, favoring military and economic intervention, and isolationism.
Working from that list (which admittedly is incomplete and not an in depth view of the various examples of fascism throughout history), I see far too many recognizable patterns to feel comfortable with where our country might be headed. Obviously we're not currently living in Nazi Germany, but many Germans didn't realize where they were headed until it was far, far too late either. Perhaps if there was more of a historical knowledge of the dangers of this type of belief system at that time, the Germans could have stopped things from going so far. 

I do not believe that Trump himself would consider himself to be a fascist at all. I think he (like his supporters) would bristle at the mere mention. However, I believe that history is telling us to be wary of the path that we're on, and with good reason. 

Given the political climate of the day, I'm doubtful this will generate good discussion, but I wanted to try anyway as this comparison is a belief I've held since ~2015 when I first started seeing videos of his rallies and the rhetoric he was using. 

When you lead off with this:

Obviously the recent child internment camp news resulting in Nazi comparisons isn't the first
:lmao:

Need I remind you that Obama brought us "child internment camps" back in 2014?

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Please link to the FBG outrage when Obama put kids in cages. And link to the threads about Obama being a fascist for putting kids in cages. 

This thread ranks up there with the "Russia Meddling was worse than 9/11" as most TDS thread of the year. 

NFL2DF said:
When you lead off with this:

Need I remind you that Obama brought us "child internment camps" back in 2014?

https://www.businessinsider.com/migrant-children-in-cages-2014-photos-explained-2018-5

Please link to the FBG outrage when Obama put kids in cages. And link to the threads about Obama being a fascist for putting kids in cages. 

This thread ranks up there with the "Russia Meddling was worse than 9/11" as most TDS thread of the year. 
Good job at avoiding addressing any substantive point of my (very long) post.  :thumbup:

NFL2DF said:
Please link to the FBG outrage when Obama put kids in cages.
There was no outrage in 2014 because Obama was trying to reunite those kids with their parents.

If Obama had created anything similar to an internment camp, you can bet that either @MaxThreshold, @jon_mx, @flapgreen, @RBM, @Ditka Butkus (did I tag the right one?), @HellToupee, @Statorama@Da Guru, @Don't Noonan@GoBirds, @BeaverCleaver@Ramblin Wreck, @butcher boy@irishidiot, @tommyboy@Walking Boot, @knowledge dropper, @TPW, @Dr Oadi@Higgs, @Rove!@Eminence, @ArcticEdge, @bueno or @Jim11 surely would have told us all about it.

There was no outrage in 2014 because Obama was trying to reunite those kids with their parents.

If Obama had created anything similar to an internment camp, you can bet that either @MaxThreshold, @jon_mx, @flapgreen, @RBM, @Ditka Butkus (did I tag the right one?), @HellToupee, @Statorama@Da Guru, @Don't Noonan@GoBirds, @BeaverCleaver@Ramblin Wreck, @butcher boy@irishidiot, @tommyboy@Walking Boot, @knowledge dropper, @TPW, @Dr Oadi@Higgs, @Rove!@Eminence, @ArcticEdge, @bueno or @Jim11 surely would have told us all about it.

I spent very little time concerned about Obama.  Unlike you I am not an obsessive hater consumed with politics.  

This is maybe 2/3 of one page of my three pages of ignore list. I count three here that aren't on it and that's it. 

:link:

Just because one is Pro-America/Pro-Trump does not mean one was obsessed 24/7 over Obama. Derangement Syndrome is purely a disease for the left leaners. 

Also, I thought calling out customers like this was frowned upon?  Regardless, thanks for identifying most of the good guys.  

I spent very little time concerned about Obama.  Unlike you I am not an obsessive hater consumed with politics.  
:goodposting:

Far from a Barry fan but the crazies in here can’t find a fraction of the complaints compared to the non stop whining that goes on in here now. The oh but Trump excuse doesn’t work either as you have to ride in the back Barry was a divisive figure himself. 

:goodposting:

Far from a Barry fan but the crazies in here can’t find a fraction of the complaints compared to the non stop whining that goes on in here now. The oh but Trump excuse doesn’t work either as you have to ride in the back Barry was a divisive figure himself. 
Yep.  Bet scooter can’t find hardly any complaints I made about Obama.  The only one remember was his handling of Obamacare.  

??  Keep my name out of your mouth...I have not mentioned anything about Trump and immigration.  In fact I agree with Obama on immigration.

He’s a Misguided Nationalist. He mostly wants Donald Trump to do well above anything else. After that, he has a bunch of haphazard ideas like tariffs (he prefers “trade wars” in his terminology), anti-immigration, anti-Mexican and anti-Muslim stances that make him popular with some segments of voters. Then he simply tops all that off by making false enemies out of those that don’t agree with him, usually by calling them childish names on Twitter. 

So while he may exhibit fascist tendencies, it’s only a coincidence based on the above. Dollars to donuts he can’t even spell fascism, let alone describe what it is. The guy can barely read for crying out loud. 
I would amend this a bit. His political philosophy is something similar to Majority Nationalist Plutocrat.

He uses nationalism to persuade the majority while mainly serving to benefit the wealthiest 1%.

First off, lashing out at people (e.g., calling someone an "obsessive hater") is exactly the kind of behavior that results in a suspension. Feel free to remember that the next time you claim that you're treated unfairly.

Second, you made 641 posts containing the word "Obama" between 2007 and 2017 (and that's not even including whatever alias accounts you were using).

Subconscious projection, thy name is jon.

First off, lashing out at people (e.g., calling someone an "obsessive hater") is exactly the kind of behavior that results in a suspension. Feel free to remember that the next time you claim that you're treated unfairly.

Second, you made 641 posts containing the word "Obama" between 2007 and 2017 (and that's not even including whatever alias accounts you were using).

Really sorry.  I must have the wrong [scooter].   So what is it about Trump do you like so much?  

You think you’re so illustrious 

You call yourself intense

641 in 11 years is roughly once a week, right?  And all 641 aren’t critical of him either so guess you proved he was correct.  Nice work 

That is one weeks worth for Tim and Squissy.

:link:

Just because one is Pro-America/Pro-Trump does not mean one was obsessed 24/7 over Obama. Derangement Syndrome is purely a disease for the left leaners. 

Also, I thought calling out customers like this was frowned upon?  Regardless, thanks for identifying most of the good guys.  
I thought using inflammatory and derogatory overgeneralizations, a trolling behavior, is also frowned upon. 

So, kindly stop acting like one. If you feel there is a point to be made, but you are incapable of finding more appropriate language to make our point without resorting to a 12 year old kid's tactics of name calling, perhaps there's not a valid enough point. 

Calling it a disease, and therefor inferring those you speak about are diseases, is repugnant. Again, says more about the poster who must resort to such behavior than those that poster seeks to accuse - especially since at root, it's a lie as plenty of folks from across much of the political spectrum have major issues with Trump - and his supporters who stoop to these childish tactics. 

Let's try to not act like childish 12 year old name calling, meanspirited liars, k?

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to go all the way back to July for some of these, but definitely had the wrong guy.  These are not posts by someone who hates Trump or is obsessed with politics.  Only about 90 percent of the nearly 300 posts since July 1 were political.  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/767492-fox-news-conservative-media-these-are-bad-things-link-inside/?page=3#comment-21159628

Both Trump and Hitler were dismissed by mainstream conservatives when they initially ran for office, and only had a base of roughly 15% of the electorate prior to gaining power. Both Trump and Hitler enjoyed over 90% support of conservatives after coming to power.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/764393-donald-trump-tweets-thread/?page=83#comment-21245312

This is funny. Trump is upset because the media isn't reporting on meetings that were about him being a corrupt traitor.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/768321-qanon/?page=23#comment-21242150

Ooooooh, you were sooooo close. You just needed to change "intel" to "evidence that Donald Trump was a traitor", and "Russia" to "Russian citizens". You could have also added the fact that Hillary did not attempt to trade future political favors in exchange for this "intel", but that's a minor quibble that the judges are willing to let...

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753767-the-trump-years/?page=3171#comment-21172542

This is what happens when Christianity tries to fit into a secular world. The Christians begin to model their behavior on what they see from the rest of secular society.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/767644-ice/?page=2#comment-21171067

Not belligerent enough to be Opie or Bozeman Bruiser, not racially driven enough to be RBM, too talkative to be GoBirds, not obstinate enough to be Don't Noonan, Stealthycat or Weebs. I'm gonna go with Higgs or Eminence.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/760191-the-hillary-clinton-thread-done-but-not-going-away/?page=32#comment-21188786

Your schtick is to ask an unrelated question to avoid being held accountable for your own appalling behavior, then you refuse to participate any further until your unrelated question is answered to your arbitrary satisfaction (which of course never happens).

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/753767-the-trump-years/?page=3175#comment-21178228

Yes, of course...pretty sure he meant from everyone On a scale of 1-100, how confident are you that Trump's authoritarian proclamations (such as "let's skip due process") will never apply to you?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/767492-fox-news-conservative-media-these-are-bad-things-link-inside/?page=3#comment-21159324

Or how about the Trump administration itself, which said "Our camps aren't like the Nazi camps, because the Nazi camps were designed to keep people from leaving."

Not, "Our camps aren't like the Nazi camps BECAUSE WE AREN'T NAZIS."

FoxNews proclaimed that Santa and Jesus were white.

Eh, I think Ben Franklin would admire Trump's ability to cheat on his wives without losing the support of his conservative base. They could compare a few notes.

And his supporters will just say: 1) "'Pushed' is not the same as 'should pass', duh!" 2) "It's not a lie, it's just a negotiating tactic." 3) "So what if it's a lie? The other side is worse! Ever heard of a little thing called 'You can keep your doctor'? GAME SET MATCH!" 4) "Hahahahaha libs are mad!!!"

July 4th isn't really America's birthday. It's more like the day its mom got knocked up.

Trump falls for dubious FoxNews claim about Obama giving citizenship to 2500 Iranians Fake News strikes again. I mean, come on! This guy is the President! Can't he make a phone call to verify if the FoxNews story was even true?

If Trump paid for an abortion, he is done. Done done. Completely and utterly. I disagree. I brought this up with a friend of mine (a very religious pro-life Trump supporter) and his reply was, "So what if he gave a girl money? She's the one going to hell for killing her baby. All Trump was doing was protecting his family by...

-------------------------

Seems the SOP here is to bait people with false accusations then get offended when called out.  

I’m sure scooter is a nice guy but there’s a reason I don’t talk politics anymore and this forum is a great example. I’m much happier.  Anyone stuck in this forum talking politics daily, weekly whatever...just stop. Go live be happy 

He’s a Misguided Nationalist. He mostly wants Donald Trump to do well above anything else. After that, he has a bunch of haphazard ideas like tariffs (he prefers “trade wars” in his terminology), anti-immigration, anti-Mexican and anti-Muslim stances that make him popular with some segments of voters. Then he simply tops all that off by making false enemies out of those that don’t agree with him, usually by calling them childish names on Twitter. 

So while he may exhibit fascist tendencies, it’s only a coincidence based on the above. Dollars to donuts he can’t even spell fascism, let alone describe what it is. The guy can barely read for crying out loud. 
nailed it. he’s not smart enough to be a fascist.

I’m sure scooter is a nice guy but there’s a reason I don’t talk politics anymore and this forum is a great example. I’m much happier.  Anyone stuck in this forum talking politics daily, weekly whatever...just stop. Go live be happy 
I would have agreed before Trump and why I never bothered talking politics.  Thing is our POTUS is an agent for our biggest enemy so this isn't exactly "politics". 

I thought using inflammatory and derogatory overgeneralizations, a trolling behavior, is also frowned upon. 

So, kindly stop acting like one. If you feel there is a point to be made, but you are incapable of finding more appropriate language to make our point without resorting to a 12 year old kid's tactics of name calling, perhaps there's not a valid enough point. 

Calling it a disease, and therefor inferring those you speak about are diseases, is repugnant. Again, says more about the poster who must resort to such behavior than those that poster seeks to accuse - especially since at root, it's a lie as plenty of folks from across much of the political spectrum have major issues with Trump - and his supporters who stoop to these childish tactics. 

Let's try to not act like childish 12 year old name calling, meanspirited liars, k?
 Trump’s Derangement Syndrome

Yes. If you want to accuse people of things, please provide links and quotes of what they said. This goes for all topics on "both" sides. 
You know Joe, I'm sick of this "both sides" false equivalen....

just kidding. :boxing:    A lil levity is all.

While i don’t agree with the calling out of people that way...I think the point was spot on in that the Obama haters would have gone on about it non stop.  He posted what are the most vocal Trump guys...they may not all overlap and calling them out was wrong.

But the overall point was right...as is the point that continuing to compare the conditions under Trump and Obama and calling them the same is ridiculous (as has been pointed out often).

Hey look it's a neat list of all the none Democrat posters you guys ran off.

While i don’t agree with the calling out of people that way...I think the point was spot on in that the Obama haters would have gone on about it non stop.  He posted what are the most vocal Trump guys...they may not all overlap and calling them out was wrong.

But the overall point was right...as is the point that continuing to compare the conditions under Trump and Obama and calling them the same is ridiculous (as has been pointed out often).
Well of course it is perfectly fine to overgeneralize and make false accusations against anyone who does not absolutely hate Trump.  Trump is Hitler afterall and if you do not support immediate impeachment you are the problem with this world.  In other news, whataboutisms are OK again.  

:shrug:

i think if someone is on here making of the same comments everyday about Trump and his supporters for the last 20 months, then they have an obsession and probably some loose screws.  There are at least a dozen posters that may as well go outside and yell at clouds.  It has the same effect. 

How is that for a point?

Well of course it is perfectly fine to overgeneralize and make false accusations against anyone who does not absolutely hate Trump.  Trump is Hitler afterall and if you do not support immediate impeachment you are the problem with this world.  In other news, whataboutisms are OK again.  
What is also not ok is trying to correct someone's behavior and do that exact thing in the following sentence. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You got that out of my post stating that calling the people out was wrong?

Thats an interesting leap in logic after what I stated.

:shrug:

i think if someone is on here making of the same comments everyday about Trump and his supporters for the last 20 months, then they have an obsession and probably some loose screws.  There are at least a dozen posters that may as well go outside and yell at clouds.  It has the same effect. 

How is that for a point?
Dude, you are using inflammatory language that would likely warrant a suspension. I'm trying to point that out you, see if you might have a bit of contriteness and if not, enough self awareness to not purposefully use derogatory slurs.

Since you seem insistent on doubling down, I guess you all but admit to 1. Not caring about even trying to conduct yourself with a sense of modicum nor respect for others 2. Being incapable of putting forth an arguement without resorting to acting like a 12 year old as opposed to relying on facts and 3. Spreading known lies and overused propaganda as opposed to being honest in your discourse.  And after all that you just shrug? Stunningly clear. 

Speaking of which, it's a nice cool day here and it is time to get out, enjoy the day, and maybe watch some golf with my buds. 

I got called out by scooter and didn't do anything.  Always cracks me up you're selective lecturing of people.  Why don't you start with the guy that trolled about 15 customers most of them completely unfairly if you want anyone to take you seriously lecturing others?

Users who are viewing this thread