What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Space Force: Trump directs creation of sixth military branch (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
Trump orders establishment of 'space force' as 6th branch of military

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/18/trump-orders-establishment-space-force-as-6th-branch-military.html

Trump orders establishment of 'space force' as 6th branch of military

President Trump vowed on Monday to make space great again.

Speaking at a meeting of the National Space Council, Trump ordered the Pentagon to immediately establish a national “space force” that would become the sixth branch of the armed forces.

“We are going to have a space force,” Trump said in Washington D.C. “An Air Force and a Space Force. Separate, but equal.”

This is not the first time that Trump has floated the idea of establishing a “space force.” The president mentioned the idea in May during a ceremony at the White House honoring the Army Black Knights college football team.

Trump did not go into details about what military role the so-called “space force” would carry out or who would command it, but he framed space as a national security issue, saying he does not want "China and Russia and other countries leading us."

The president said the United States will "be the leader by far" in space and is looking to revive the nation's flagging space program by returning the United States to the moon and soon reaching Mars.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason why NASA is a civilian organization and not a military organization is because we understood, even back in the 50's, that it was wrong to militarize space.

So of course, Trump orders a military space agency. 

Unfortunately for all of us, he's moved rapidly from harmless nit-wit to harmful dictator-wannabe, and his days of doing nothing other than acting the fool on Twitter have turned into this.

Dear President Trump: Play more golf. 

Dear American People: Let's do better.

Any of you guys been on the Buzz Lightyear Astroblast ride at Disneyland? I picture Trump on that ride again and again, happily blasting away.

If he didn’t start this now, there’s no way we’d be ready when the Covenant find us.  Good move, Mr President.  

The president is one of a very small number of people who know if aliens are real or not.  Given that, I find it disturbing that he thinks we need space marines. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Exactly what is this "Space Force" supposed to do that NASA and/or the Air Force aren't?

And to think Trump was making fun of Kim Jong Un by calling him Rocket Man...

Tony Posnanski‏ @tonyposnanski 3h3 hours ago

BREAKING:

Scott Baio has been chosen to head the Space Force although he has not been around stars in 30 years.

The president is one of a very small number of people who know if aliens are real or not.  Given that, I find it disturbing that he thinks we need space marines. 
Actually I think we don't have any evidence that aliens exist now that Trump is 1.5 years in.  I simply don't think he could have kept that secret for that long if we did have such evidence. 

Keith Boykin‏ @keithboykin 25m25 minutes ago

This Space Force idea reminds me of when Trump said he would pardon Muhammad Ali. The 1967 Outer Space Treaty already prohibits militarization of space. It has been signed by 105 countries, including the U.S., Russia, China, France, Germany, and the UK.

https://www.state.gov/t/isn/5181.htm
Wouldn't exactly be the first international treaty Trump backed out of just because

How about properly funding NASA instead?
Well yes, that's the obvious solution for any sane person. That's what should be done and hopefully what will end up happening once he abandons this idiocy. Have one of the staffers cross out NASA in crayon and write "Space Force". Give them money and let him take credit for doing things that were already happening. 

Users who are viewing this thread