What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League Help (1 Viewer)

BucksFan02

Footballguy
Keeper League Info:

* 12 team - PPR League. Pretty standard scoring... 6 points TD, 1 point Reception, 1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving.

* Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1 Kicker, 3 Def. Players.

* We get 2 keepers.  My first keeper is Gurley and I pick 3rd overall in the draft so I should get a good RB/WR with my first pick.

I'm up in the air on my last keeper and wanted some advice.  My best options are Kenyan Drake, Amari Cooper, Allen Robinson, Corey Davis and Drew Brees.  I'm leaning towards Amari Cooper, but I've seen a lot of rankings that have him and Robinson pretty close.  Corey Davis is pretty appealing with his age, but there's just too many question marks for me right now.  I feel pretty similar about Drake as my thoughts are that I should be able to grab a RB better than Drake at pick 3.  Let me know what you all think.

Cooper pretty much lost my trust last year. With Gruden coming back, I can't see that as a positive either. Other than **** Vermiel every coach who returned from a long sabbatical has bombed completely, and a lot of those guys were better than Gruden to begin with.

For me its between Drake and Robinson, with the information we have right now, I'd lean Drake. I don't really understand the logic of the "there should be a better RB at 3 than Drake" since you can start 3 RB's, and don't have to go RB at 3.

Just some additional information there is a chance that Barkley/David Johnson/Christian McCaffrey/Dalvin Cook are all going to be available in the draft.  So I have been planning on taking one of those guys at pick 3.  I can start 3 RB's so it's not really an issue but I think that was why I was leaning on keeping a WR if I feel the players I mentioned above are close.

The good news for you is whoever you draft with the 3rd pick will likely be your new 2nd keeper. If it means anything you can treat your 2nd keeper this year as which guy you think is best for re-draft this year.

I think it's a pick your favorite between Drake, Cooper and Robinson. I'm not that high on Drake although having 3 starting RB's in a 12 teamer is a huge advantage. Drake seemed like a guy who put up big numbers due to having fresh legs at the end of the season. I'm not sure that carries over well to starting 16 games this year. I like Robinson long term but am not sure how he does this year coming back from injury with a new QB that he needs time to develop chemistry with. I'm leaning Cooper as he already has a connection with an established QB and with his new coach on the record saying he wants to force feed Cooper with targets. Cooper's performance last year and especially the drops are worrisome so keeping him over Drake or Robinson isn't a slam dunk. I like him the best for re-draft this year out of those 3.

You didn't mention if there are any restrictions to the keepers.  Can you keep them forever?  Do you lose anything (round drafted, salary cap, etc)? 

Based on what you have provided I think the 2nd keeper for me would be A-Rob.  I don't trust Cooper (never really liked him) and I am not sure what is going on with Miami and how Drake will be used.  A-Rob seems the safest to me even coming off an ACL and going to a new team. 

ETA:  How would someone let David Johnson go back into the draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no restrictions at all on the keepers.  I can keep someone forever if I have them on my roster.

The guy throwing back David Johnson is a guy I've talked a lot of football with in the past and he's set on keeping Kamara and Michael Thomas.  When it's all said and done he could end up changing his mind, that's why I said there was a chance those guys are available.  It's not for sure yet.

There are no restrictions at all on the keepers.  I can keep someone forever if I have them on my roster.

The guy throwing back David Johnson is a guy I've talked a lot of football with in the past and he's set on keeping Kamara and Michael Thomas.  When it's all said and done he could end up changing his mind, that's why I said there was a chance those guys are available.  It's not for sure yet.
Michael Thomas is good and will be good for awhile but in a two keeper league I usually lean towards treating it like a re-draft because 2 players aren't enough to worry too much more than a year or two ahead.  Based on that I would love to go into a season with my 2 RB's as DJ and Kamara.  There is no way I would keep Thomas in that situation. 

Me either, but that's not my decision to make.  It's just a buddy of mine and I was responding as to why I thought David Johnson would be available.

my thinking is different but I would keep Brees over those Wr's.  Having 6pt td's I think he is going to put up better numbers this year than past few.  And you go into draft knowing qb wont (shouldn't) be an issue for you.  I also think Gore will take more carries/goal line td's from drake than most do.

Yea, I might lean towards keeping Brees as well knowing that you probably will be keeping your #3 pick next year. There's nothing wrong with keeping Cooper or Robinson but knowing you have 1 good QB already means you can totally let the other teams all pick up their QB1's while you take better skill position players.

Users who are viewing this thread