What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Demographics - How Old Are You? (1 Viewer)

How Old Are You?

• Under 20

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 20-30

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 59 21.2%
  • 41-50

Votes: 125 45.0%
  • 51-60

Votes: 60 21.6%
  • Over 60

Votes: 19 6.8%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
I did this in the FFA too. It's ok if you voted there already. Vote here too if you're here. 

GM had me thinking about the age of our folks. Thought I’d to do a quick poll to see some things. First one is age. 

Let’s hear it. 

13.1% (as of this writing) is 30 or under.  Strange thing is, when I first joined - I would have fit in this demographic and I would not have thought I was one of the younger people on the board.

Jello_Biafra said:
A former poster here joined a league I started 10 years ago. He quit 5 yrs ago saying he was just getting too old to keep up. He was 83.
I’m in a long time league where I drafted a guys team for him every year because he was in a nursing home. When he passed away I got  to actually play in the league. It’s actually called a “rotisserie” football league and everything is still done by hand, you have to stop in to the bar the commish worked at and pick up your weekly newsletter. 

I think the numbers would be quite different if this was mid-September instead of mid-June. 

I think Millenials perhaps don't use message boards as much as Gen Xers and Boomers. My research into fantasy trends overall shows tremendous growth of fantasy participation among US teens over the last 5 yrs (20% of US teens played fantasy in 2013 vs. 34% in 2017, according to Ipsos/FSTA research). Other age groups also show participation growth over time, though not as dramatically. 60 MM total fantasy sports players in N. America last year vs 42 MM in 2012.

Maybe the kids are more into Twitter and Facebook feeds than traditional message boards. Or maybe FBG needs to find a way to market to the young'ins better. This poll says something. Not sure exactly what though.

I think Millenials perhaps don't use message boards as much as Gen Xers and Boomers. My research into fantasy trends overall shows tremendous growth of fantasy participation among US teens over the last 5 yrs (20% of US teens played fantasy in 2013 vs. 34% in 2017, according to Ipsos/FSTA research). Other age groups also show participation growth over time, though not as dramatically. 60 MM total fantasy sports players in N. America last year vs 42 MM in 2012.

Maybe the kids are more into Twitter and Facebook feeds than traditional message boards. Or maybe FBG needs to find a way to market to the young'ins better. This poll says something. Not sure exactly what though.
I've been on this board since I was about 21 so idk exactly.  I consider the board more of a place to put my thoughts down and see how they fare among the fantasy community to get feedback.  I guess that could be done on Twitter or something else but that audience wouldn't be as focused to fantasy, or at least deep roster fantasy.  If you're not posting though and just reading, I can see how the board would be a boring aspect.  

Users who are viewing this thread