What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My user name fits. (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
Bought a new 2018 186 Yar Craft fishing boat.  I will spare you with the details of how it's outfitted & get to the crux.  Paid $50,000.00. & it won't fit in my garage.   Boat hasn't even been in the water & I've just listed it for sale for $45,000.00.  

{facepalm-big time}

FWIW, a $5000 discount may not be enough. Many people are weary of paying such a high price to an average Joe. For some, the $5000 is worth the peace of mind...even if its a false peace, as of course, some dealerships are scum. 

No swing-away tongue on the trailer? If not maybe ask the dealer to switch out the trailer. 

Also, I might be interested in the boat. Please PM me specs. 

No swing-away tongue on the trailer? If not maybe ask the dealer to switch out the trailer. 

Also, I might be interested in the boat. Please PM me specs. 
has the swing away tongue.  it's 104 inches wide on trailor.  Gives me 3 inches on each side.  Not enough for me & also more boat than I need.  Will send PM shortly.

Like most in here, I'm curious as to why the boat needs to be in the garage. I'll assume you have your reasons.

The dealer that sold you the boat might consider selling it for you on consignment.

(Dealer would take a percentage of the selling price. Typically 5% or so.)

With the stipulation that you buy the smaller boat from him after this one sells.

He stands to make 5% on the sale (5% of $45k = $2250) and has another sale pending once it's sold.

He stores the boat, advertises it, maintains (cleans), handles the paperwork, and deals with all the tire kickers.

New customer has his "piece of mind" of buying thru a dealer.

Bought a new 2018 186 Yar Craft fishing boat.  I will spare you with the details of how it's outfitted & get to the crux.  Paid $50,000.00. & it won't fit in my garage.   Boat hasn't even been in the water & I've just listed it for sale for $45,000.00.  

{facepalm-big time}
Look at me! I can spend 50 large on a boat, then sell it and lose 5K!

Like most in here, I'm curious as to why the boat needs to be in the garage. I'll assume you have your reasons.

The dealer that sold you the boat might consider selling it for you on consignment.

(Dealer would take a percentage of the selling price. Typically 5% or so.)

With the stipulation that you buy the smaller boat from him after this one sells.

He stands to make 5% on the sale (5% of $45k = $2250) and has another sale pending once it's sold.

He stores the boat, advertises it, maintains (cleans), handles the paperwork, and deals with all the tire kickers.

New customer has his "piece of mind" of buying thru a dealer.
In ND-have to garage it during the winter.  Dealer will sell for a commission.  Working on it right now.

This is what we do in the north-east:

shrink wrap

Not many people have the luxury of keeping their boat indoors around these parts.

Of course, our boats tend to be much larger on the Atlantic. 

:whistle:

You just bought It? They won't exchange it? Even car dealerships give you like 30 days. 
New car? I find that hard to believe.

Once the paperwork is filled out ... it is now considered "used".  Not sure how a car dealer can then re-sell a 30 day old car as used without taking a huge hit.

Doesn't matter if the boat has never has been wet. Still considered used as the next owner will be the second owner as far as the registration goes.

And just like a car, used boat will take a substantial drop in value as soon as it leaves the dealers lot.

Any option to widen the garage door opening? Go 9ft or 10ft wide. Give yourself a good foot on each side of the boat..

The cost would likely be less than the hit you're about to take on the boat.

A good handyman could tackle that project in a few days I would think. Deconstruct, frame, siding, new garage door. Seems minor.

Also these work well if you're not comfortable backing the boat into the garage with such a tight tolerance.

trailer caddy

Any option to widen the garage door opening? Go 9ft or 10ft wide. Give yourself a good foot on each side of the boat..

The cost would likely be less than the hit you're about to take on the boat.

A good handyman could tackle that project in a few days I would think. Deconstruct, frame, siding, new garage door. Seems minor.

Also these work well if you're not comfortable backing the boat into the garage with such a tight tolerance.

trailer caddy
Would have to do it to two garages.  One at the lake & one in town.  It's a cluster, but you are coming up with some good advice.  appreciate it.

Cant you pay to put it in storage over the winter?  $5K seems like it would buy more than a few years of storage.  And you wouldn't have it taking up space in your garage.

$50k for a...fishing boat?

I'm not sure that garage size is the problem here.
This was really harsh and I feel bad for taking this shot.

I'm sorry that a dream come true has turned into a nightmare. I was mad when I couldn't fit my new car in the 3rd stall garage. This is way worse and I feel for you.

I'm sorry that a dream come true has turned into a nightmare. I was mad when I couldn't fit my new car in the 3rd stall garage. This is way worse and I feel for you.
When once isn't enough for the subtle brag, make sure to post it twice...

no offense was taken at all.  always appreciate your comments in the movie thread.

If you have a place at the lake, why would you store it at your main home?
Guessing he uses it both at the lake and also takes it out to fish other areas.

Short of taking that kind of hit, if you can easily fix the lake garage, I'd think you'll spend less than the 5k. Might not be ideal going from town, to lake, to new location, but...

If you have the land at either place would a pole barn type structure (even open air to cut down cost but keeps you dry/handles snow) and a good cover get it done?

New car? I find that hard to believe.

Once the paperwork is filled out ... it is now considered "used".  Not sure how a car dealer can then re-sell a 30 day old car as used without taking a huge hit.

Doesn't matter if the boat has never has been wet. Still considered used as the next owner will be the second owner as far as the registration goes.

And just like a car, used boat will take a substantial drop in value as soon as it leaves the dealers lot.
I was wrong about the timeline. 5 days and under 300 miles on a car and you can return it no questions asked for full value. Our boat was 30 days less than 5 hours on the motor. 

has the swing away tongue.  it's 104 inches wide on trailor.  Gives me 3 inches on each side.  Not enough for me & also more boat than I need.  Will send PM shortly.
This sounds like something a wife would put in your head. No man thinks this. Are you sure you've thought this through?

Yeah that's cuz you don't do any of the work ;) :)
Not completely true. I vacuum it, put the cover on, but the big maintenance no, to be honest though it seems pretty easy. Oil change took like an hour and we pay to have it stored and shrink wrapped. Plus we have our own dock, so no towing. 

Users who are viewing this thread