What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Demographics - How Long Have You Been On The Board? (1 Viewer)

How Long Have You Been On The Boards?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 3-4 years

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • 7-8 years

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • 9-10 years

Votes: 13 4.2%
  • 11-12 years

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • 13-14 years

Votes: 48 15.6%
  • 15-16 years

Votes: 73 23.8%
  • 17-18 years

Votes: 51 16.6%
  • 19-20 years

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • More than 20 years

Votes: 43 14.0%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
More demographic stuff.

How long have you been on the board? Can be with whatever screen name and even back to Old Yeller if you were there.

And do your best to be honest. I often have people tell me they've been a subscriber for way longer than we've been in business.

Let's hear it. 

And I know a lot of you guys have been here a LONG time. THANK YOU for being part of Footballguys. 

Last edited by a moderator:
'03.  And I won a gold ticket years ago for a lifetime subscription, and am wondering why it says it's expiring.

2005. Shark pool. Made a thread about league management software that was pinned. 

Then came here and all productivity went downhill. 

15 years tomorrow on this version of the forum.  Was on old yeller, but don't recall when I joined there.
So that means more than 15 for me as well.  I don't think I was here for 9/11, but I definitely had discovered the FFA during the yellow days.  I think.  Pretty sure.  Probably.

Was this previously Mr. Football?  I was on Old Yeller.  I remember being on the day GWB was elected.  I had a different username thoug.

My profile says 2004 but I thought I was around before that. I remember surfing this site during my second dynasty draft, which was 2002. But I don't remember if I logged in. I know I intentionally didn't set up a profile for a while, as I felt I'd be wasting my time.

Over 16,000 posts plus whatever my alias posted later.....

A couple of decades, but won't pay for the content, where there are many solid sites out there for free that I used when I played.

Pretty sure I found the site in 2001. 

I know I found the boards shortly after but resisted creating an account for a while. 

Heard one of the guys come on the local sports talk show back in the day. (In fact remember exactly where I was). Checked out old yeller a few days later and haven’t left. Did make the switch from pool to ffa though

profile days 2004 but I thought it was earlier. 

My first year playing FF was in 1997, and I'm pretty sure I found the old site in the summer of 1998 while preparing for my 2nd season.

I was Barney Rubble on the old board. 

Played fantasy football for the first time in 1999, and found cheatsheets.net as I prepped for the draft. Probably jumped on the forums during that year as well, mostly WDIS questions. Then found my way to the FFA shortly thereafter. 

I think 18 or 19. When did Ol' Yeller come into existence?

Also, on the yellow board you could change your username to anything you wanted, except to a name you previously used.  $10 to anyone who knows my initial username.

Summer of '00 or '01. Didn't come to the FFA until much later and then lurked until '07 or so. I never understood half of the shtick here. Still don't on many levels

During my sophomore year of high school, 2000 or 2001. I've been checking the FFA regularly for over half of my life now. ?

Started lurking Sept 2001 when I started college IIRC. FBG (and FF and gambling in general) was relatively big in our dorms and to this day Cincinnati has a disproportionate number of members imo. 

I joined in 2011, but I'd been reading it for quite a bit longer because Mr R is a member.  He joined in 2003, but was on cheatsheets.net before that.  He can't remember when that happened.

was on ol yeller for a few months in 2001 with another name and got it permabanned.    Re-signed up with this account following that, that was either late '01 or early '02.  

I thankfully did not have to "grow a tail" when the board migrated. :mellow:    

Users who are viewing this thread