What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 NBA Draft Thread: loud applause just heard coming out of Milwaukee police department (1 Viewer)

Clippers send Harris, Harrell, and the 13 to Memphos for 4 and Parsons. Clippers send 4 and 12 to Sac for 2...

Mavs send Barnes and 5 to Sac for 4

Suns - Ayton

Clippers - Bagley

Hawks - JJJ

Mavs - Luka

Kings - Bamba 

CAUSTIC'S 1ST ANNUAL MOCK DRAFT

1. Phoenix Suns - Deandre Ayton, C, Arizona - Done deal.
  2. Sacramento Kings - Marvin Bagley, PF, Duke - Recently, I saw a scoop that said "Good teams love Luka Doncic, bad teams don't." Guess what the Kings are!
  3. Atlanta Hawks - Luka Doncic, SG, Spain - JJJ seems to be the popular pick here, but my super secret inside source (a recent Woj tweet) is pointing towards Doncic at 3.
  4. Memphis Grizzlies - Jaren Jackson Jr., PF, Michigan State - Luka would be ideal for them IMO, but Jackson fits well next to Gasol. Bamba doesn't want to go to Memphis.
  5. Dallas Mavericks - Mo Bamba, C, Texas
  6. Orlando Magic - Trae Young, PG, Oklahoma - Look, I think this would be a horrible pick with both Porter and Carter on the board. Seems to be a popular pick among people in the know, however, so I'll put him here. 
  7. Chicago Bulls - Michael Porter Jr., SF, Mizzou - There are some rumors that Chicago is trying to trade into the top 4 to secure Doncic. If they stay put at 7 though, this pick could pay huge dividends.
  8. Cleveland Cavaliers - Collin Sexton, PG, Alabama
  9. New York Knicks - Wendell Carter, PF, Duke - A Carter/Porzingis frontcourt will probably space the floor better than their current collection of guards.
  10. Philadelphia 76ers - Mikal Bridges, SF, Villanova - This connection has been beaten to death for months now.
  11. Charlotte Hornets - Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, PG, Kentucky - The Hornets are in a precarious financial situation, and Kemba's days with the team may be numbered. Here's their PG of the future.
  12. Los Angeles Clippers - Lonnie Walker, SG, Miami (FL) - They need a scorer other than Lou Williams. Isn't Austin Rivers their starting SG right now?
  13. Los Angeles Clippers - Robert Williams, PF, Texas A&M - The Clips need frontcourt help and he's the only big worth taking right here. Lots of potential.
  14. Denver Nuggets - Miles Bridges, SF, Michigan State - I personally like Kevin Knox more, but @Kev4029 wants Bridges at 14 and I'm a man of the people.
  15. Washington Wizards - Kevin Knox, SF, Kentucky - The Wiz already have Kelly Oubre and a very well-paid Otto Porter at SF, but Knox can play PF as well and Markieff Morris is a free agent next year. Knox could and should probably go higher than this.
  16. Phoenix Suns - Zhaire Smith, SG, Texas Tech
  17. Milwaukee Bucks - Troy Brown Jr., SF, Oregon - This is the 3rd time in 4 years that the Bucks are picking 17th overall. Take that to the mediocrity bank, bromigos.
  18. San Antonio Spurs - Dzanan Musa, SG, Croatia - I don't really know how to replace Kawhi Leonard here, and who does? What I do know is that the Spurs love a good international player, and Musa is that. I think he goes surprisingly high on draft night.
  19. Atlanta Hawks - Aaron Holiday, PG, UCLA - The Hawks are supposedly shopping Schroeder, so here's a way to fill the potential void.
  20. Minnesota Timberwolves - Keita Bates-Diop, SF, Ohio State
  21. Utah Jazz - Kevin Huerter, SF, Maryland
  22. Chicago Bulls - Chandler Hutchison, SF, Boise State - Seems a bit redundant with the Porter pick, but Hutchison has a draft promise from someone, and most people seem to think it's the Bulls. A few dissenting voices say Brooklyn, and I wouldn't hate that.
  23. Indiana Pacers - Elie Okobo, PG, France - Darren Collison is 30 and Okobo has some really nice potential.
  24. Portland Trailblazers - Khyri Thomas, SG, Creighton
  25. Los Angeles Lakers - Mitchell Robinson, C, USA - The Lakers' depth chart at C is an old-### Brook Lopez and a bunch of nobodies. Lebron won't go for that!
  26. Philadelphia 76ers - Jerome Robinson, SG, Boston College - Combo guard who can play off ball well and coexist with Simmons.
  27. Boston Celtics - Grayson Allen, SG, Duke - LMAO
  28. Golden State Warriors - Donte DiVincenzo, SG, Villanova - The dubs could use some more scoring, so here you go.
  29. Brooklyn Nets - Jacob Evans, SG, Cincinnati - I highly doubt Brooklyn actually picks at 29 come Thursday, but if they do, Evans is a good 3&D prospect for them to look at. They're rumored to be sniffing around Hutchison, Musa, and Diallo as well.
  30. Atlanta Hawks - Josh Okogie, SG, Georgia Tech - To anyone who actually read all of this, thank you and go Nets!  :pickle:

Abraham said:
Clippers send Harris, Harrell, and the 13 to Memphos for 4 and Parsons. Clippers send 4 and 12 to Sac for 2...

Mavs send Barnes and 5 to Sac for 4

Suns - Ayton

Clippers - Bagley

Hawks - JJJ

Mavs - Luka

Kings - Bamba 
give up Barnes to move up 1 slot?

Draft day blockbuster brewing?  :whistle:

Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @wojespn

ESPN reporting with @ramonashelburne: San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is traveling to Southern California with the intention of meeting with franchise star Kawhi Leonard prior to Thursday’s NBA Draft. Story soon on site.

8:13 PM - 19 Jun 2018

Am I the lone person that has JJJ more around the Carter/Robert Williams "tier"? Things are so outlandish to the point I got to believe some of this stuff has to be a smokescreen to get one of those top 4 to take him.

The guy definitely can make some fine plays with his athleticism but he just has never looked fluid out there to me. More athlete than basketball player right now. I just don't ever see him being more than last type option offensively when he's out there. To me, he's a guy you'll be waiting til end of his first rookie contract if you see something of significance at all from him. And that doesn't even get into his release point which will have to be adjusted.

Last edited by a moderator:
CAUSTIC'S 1ST ANNUAL MOCK DRAFT

1. Washington Wizards - Kevin Knox, SF, Kentucky - The Wiz already have Kelly Oubre and a very well-paid Otto Porter at SF, but Knox can play PF as well and Markieff Morris is a free agent next year. Knox could and should probably go higher than this
There's a chance he won't make it past Charlotte.

The only criticism I’ll make about the NBA draft is how trades don’t go through until afterwards and sometimes we don’t even know about the trade when the player is selected. That makes for bad TV. I wish it were like the NFL draft and the trade was announced before the pick.

The only criticism I’ll make about the NBA draft is how trades don’t go through until afterwards and sometimes we don’t even know about the trade when the player is selected. That makes for bad TV. I wish it were like the NFL draft and the trade was announced before the pick.
Even worse now that Woj and company won’t be tweeting picks out in advance. 

Woj Bomb!!1!

Adrian Wojnarowski‏ @wojespn

The Lakers have acquired the 39th pick in Thursday’s Draft from the 76ers, league source tells ESPN. Lakers will send Philly its 2019 second round pick via Bulls and cash.

7:01 PM - 20 Jun 2018

What’s the rumored deal
I'm not sure if any specifics have been reported - this is the only scoop I've seen (from Woj) and it's very vague:

Mavs, Magic, Nuggets Trying To Move Up To No. 3 To Select Luka Doncic

The Atlanta Hawks very well could control the direction of the draft at No. 3 as they zero in on either selecting Luka Doncic, or trading the slot to a team looking to move up to select him.

"Teams know this right now, they have to get to No. 3 to get Luka Doncic," said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN's Wednesday evening draft coverage.

"Dallas at No. 5 has been knocking at that door," added Wojnarowski.

The Orlando Magic and even the Denver Nuggets also have interest in trading up for Doncic, according to Wojnarowski.

If the Hawks trade down, they could target Trae Young.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250263/Mavs-Magic-Nuggets-Trying-To-Move-Up-To-No-3-To-Select-Luka-Doncic

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the lone person that has JJJ more around the Carter/Robert Williams "tier"? Things are so outlandish to the point I got to believe some of this stuff has to be a smokescreen to get one of those top 4 to take him.

The guy definitely can make some fine plays with his athleticism but he just has never looked fluid out there to me. More athlete than basketball player right now. I just don't ever see him being more than last type option offensively when he's out there. To me, he's a guy you'll be waiting til end of his first rookie contract if you see something of significance at all from him. And that doesn't even get into his release point which will have to be adjusted.
I'd probably much rather have Carter than JJJ. I feel like Carter would be a consensus top-5 pick if Bagley hadn't re-classified last summer. I don't get the JJJ hype really at all. He's got tons of physical tools, but he is not a very good basketball player yet. 

Jackson probably sticks in the NBA for 10+ year just because he's tall and athletic, and he's a lottery ticket that might end up being a star. But there are so many other guys in this draft that have higher floors and similar ceilings. If you take Jackson you need to be ready for a better shooting Marquese Chriss (I mean, that might not be fair to Chriss who actually produced in college). There's value in that, but not in the top 3 or 4 with what else is out there IMO.

I'm not sure if any specifics have been reported - this is the only scoop I've seen (from Woj) and it's very vague:
According to ESPN.com's Jonathan Givony, the Grizzlies "are in discussions" about trading the No. 4 pick to the Boston Celtics, Chicago Bulls, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks and Orlando Magic in advance of Thursday's NBA draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782198-2018-nba-draft-trade-rumors-knicks-celtics-among-suitors-for-no-4-pick

Wow, ESPN's updated mock has Shai Gilgeous-Alexander going 6 to Orlando.  I really like him but that's a lot higher than we've seen in any mock before.

Hey Kev, can I be excused from the Nuggets bandwagon?
Whoa whoa whoa. They are looking into the possibility of trading up to 4, if that's the case they may land Doncic. This train is just starting to speed up. Feel free to jump off but you are going to miss a half decade of first round playoff exits.

Whoa whoa whoa. They are looking into the possibility of trading up to 4, if that's the case they may land Doncic. This train is just starting to speed up. Feel free to jump off but you are going to miss a half decade of first round playoff exits.
So they are trading to to 4, after Orlando moves up to 3, both for Luka?

Meanwhile Sacramento is going to pick him.

Michael Porter Jr saying he’s Durant/Giannis hybrid is up there with some of the stuff Earl Woods used to say. 

Also, I have listened to too many hours of stuff on this draft to be considered sane anymore. 
the best part of what he said is (paraphrasing): I compare myself to a Durant/Giannis hybrid. It’s just a blessing to be mentioned with those guys. 

:lmao:  

I keep hearing a lot more talk this year than ever before about how fundamentally wrong the draft is. How these college players should be able to choose teams like free agents. At first the idea seems ridiculous but then I try to equate it to Fantasy. Draft vs Auction. Obviously everyone still has a cap so the best teams couldn't just buy all the good players every year. Also the best players can demand big pay from teams but guys just wanting to get into the league would still have to go to teams that had space and could pay them. 

It seems ludicrous but not sure how far off we could be from a system like that especially with players denying medical records and such to certain teams or just threatening to sit out if they get drafted by a different team than they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread