What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Demographics - How Long Have You Been On The Board? (1 Viewer)

How Long Have You Been On The Board?

• Less than 1 Year

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 1-2 Years

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 3-4 Years

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 5-6 Years

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • 7-8 Years

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • 9-10 Years

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • 11-12 Years

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • 13-14 Years

Votes: 18 11.2%
  • 15-16 Years

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • 17-18 Years

Votes: 18 11.2%
  • 19-20 Years

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • More than 20 Years

Votes: 23 14.3%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
More demographic stuff.

How Long Have You Been On The Board? And it doesn’t have to be with your current screen name. How long have YOU been on the Board?

Used to hang at a different place that had really prominent mock drafts and when it folded a bunch of us migrated over here in 2003.

I wasn't a "regular" but my original member number was 4 digits.  I do remember the cheatsheet.net days and the early days of FFL websites in general.  I've been doing this since before there was an internet.  I remember Joe taking a survey of who'd be willing to pay for the site.

Can't recall exactly when I came around, but I know it was after Y2K.  I remember moving to a law firm in Manhattan right after Y2K.  I had been on the boards for a while before that.  I even remember when things changed around on April of 2003.  Everyone was scrambling to re-sign up and get the low 3 digit numbers.  Ah, memories.

I remember that I'd been posting here a long time when I was using this board for updates on 9/11 because everything else was down. So a good while longer than 17 years but after that it gets murky because, as you seem eager to remind us, I'm really old 

I remember that I'd been posting here a long time when I was using this board for updates on 9/11 because everything else was down. So a good while longer than 17 years but after that it gets murky because, as you seem eager to remind us, I'm really old 
right.. i need a re vote.

The year I joined the Eagles and Rams were the best teams in the NFC and the Patriots and Chiefs were the best teams in the AFC. So I'm kind of a newbie.

If you click on your profile it tells you the date that you joined. I have to warn you though that there is math involved after that.

That’s off.  Mine says since 2010 but I was here a few years before we started up our current IDP league in 2002.

Crap.  I’m old.  ?

Joined March of '14 for myself.  

Ever since I dived way further into Dynasty than is probably healthy and I'm only 26 (almost made it to the teens age when I joined)

The seminal moment on these boards for me was 9/11.  Just remember how this board became a release for a lot of folks during that time and the whole will they/wont they play uncertainty.

Early results interesting: only 1 in 5 people have joined the boards in the last 8 years...

I don't remember exactly but;

2 - Superbowl Championships

5 - 2nd place finishes 

Who cares after that but I'm in the hunt almost every year in redraft leagues.

I'm not sure the date in the profile is true for some of us. I seem to remember a update to the site and our join dates were moved up to that date.

Were the Rams in LA? ;)
While I was playing fantasy football? Yes. When I joined Footballguys? No.

I definitely had Jim Everett, Henry Ellard, and(when I was very lucky) Eric Dickerson of the LA Rams on more than a few of my rosters.

I’m guessing I’ve been here since about 2000. 

Been in my main work FF league for 22 freakin years.

Far too many ways to use fantasy football to measure how old I am and how quickly time has passed. 

Deamon said:
Wow, 92% have been around for more than 5 years?   That's surprising.
I too was a little surprised and super appreciative too @Deamon to see how many veterans are here. Speaks a ton to the quality of you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too was a little surprised and super appreciative too @Deamon to see how many veterans are here. Speaks a ton to the quality of you guys.
It also probably speaks a bit to the timing of this poll, given we are in offseason. I would expect a disproportionate representation of veterans at this time of year.

Similar poll in the FFA got me thinking... my first full time fantasy season was 2000 (James Stewart first ever pick. Mike Alstott, second.  :oldunsure:  ), but I was a co-owner the year before, so likely was lurking at the least in 1999 or so.  

I won't mention "the competition's" name, but one of my friends subscribe to an alternative pay service, long before anyone else in our league did, and everyone laughed at his "secret weapon" - but the information helped, as it did here, ESPECIALLY before constant 24 hour NFL news, twitter, a billion blogs etc.  Today its about some insight and analysis as to whether you feel it's worth ponying up, as the news breaks are pretty much out there (and kinda have been since what, kffl or something, ten years or so ago?)

It also probably speaks a bit to the timing of this poll, given we are in offseason. I would expect a disproportionate representation of veterans at this time of year.
For sure. This is the hardcore and dynasty crowd now. I'd expect that group to be older. I'll do this again in August and I'd be surprised if the average wasn't younger when the the less hardcore guys are here. 

Was on Mr. Football then Cheatsheets.  Had a 2-digit member number on the old board so pretty much from day one on this specific version of the site. 

My profile says April 14th, 2003, but I know I was here at least a year prior.

Looks like the vast majority of folks in the poll are old-timers like myself (15-16+ years).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread