What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 openings in a 10-Team PPR Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

socrates

Footballguy
To make it fair, I will pool the players from the two teams and let the new owners draft their teams.  We have unique free agency following that draft, which allows wholesale moves as well, so rebuilding can be done in very short order.  Annual fees of $50 (plus a 1/10 share of RTSports site fee) collected through Leaguesafe.  This League has been in existence since 1991, and we are looking for some long-term committed owners who enjoy an interactive league.  Rosters will be drafted to 20, with a rookie draft in August to expand to 25.

Rosters:

Russell Wilson

Alex Collins

Devonta Freeman

Davante Adams

Larry Fitzgerald

DeAndre Hopkins

Jason Witten

Stephen Gostkowski

Detroit LionsD/ST

Aaron Rodgers

Javorius Allen

Rex Burkhead

Tevin Coleman

D'Onta Foreman

John Brown

Randall Cobb

Chris Hogan WR

Paul Richardson

Mohamed Sanu

Taywan Taylor

Stephen Anderson

Jordan Reed

Kyle Rudolph

Jake Elliott

Kansas City Chiefs D/ST

Drew Brees

LeGarrette Blount

Jalen Richard

Nelson Agholor

DeSean Jackson

Marvin Jones

Julius Thomas

Adam Vinatieri 

Baltimore Ravens

Carson Palmer

Matt Forte

Chris Johnson

Adrian Peterson

Shane Vereen

Jamaal Williams 

Kerwynn Williams

Tyler Boyd

Jaron Brown

Sammie Coates

Julian Edelman

Allen Hurns

Dontrelle Inman

Cooper Kupp

Jake Butt 

Coby Fleener

Jello_Biafra said:
How about some rules? Lineup requirements? Draft picks?
Weekly head-to-head matchups starting 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 PK and 1 Team Def/ST.

Scoring is full point PPR, 6 points for a TD, whether passing, rushing or receiving.  Fractional scoring, 1 point per 10 yards rushing or receiving and 1 point per 20 yards passing.

Payout structure as follows:  50% to league winner; 25% to 1st place on overall points; 15% to 2nd place points; and 10% to 3rd place points.

Each offseason we rank players and conduct free agency.  Each team may fully retain 5 players on a developmental squad (3 years or less in NFL) and franchise 5 more players.  The remaining 10 players may be signed by another team for compensation.  I will not get too deep into this, as it can be confusing at first glance, but it allows teams to quickly build.  We have had several worst-to-first occurrences over the years.

Both available teams have all of their picks in the upcoming rookie draft.  Picks 4 and 8.  Non-serpentine.  Assignment of the rookie draft picks between the two new owners will be random, and we will reverse that order for both the initial supplemental draft and free agency.

I am hopeful we can fill these openings and draft the two teams in the next few days.  Shoot me a message if you are interested.  Thanks

I am interested but a little unsure of the keeper/dynasty rules. Is this a keeper or a dynasty league? My understanding is it’s a keeper league can keep 5 players and then on top of that can keep 5 players years if they are in first 3 years. Is that right or is this actually a dynasty league where you keep the same team every year and Draft rookies?

Also do you use a website to run the league such as fleaflicker or something else. I saw it said we have to submit lineups to the commissioner... just seemed weird to not use a website but wanted to double check 

Last edited by a moderator:
The rules may seem a little archaic at some points, sorry.  We wrote the League Manifesto back in 1990 or 1991, and back in those days, owners did actually submit their lineups by calling my answering machine Sunday mornings while I was at church, and I scored the games when the stats came out in the newspaper.  We have evolved some since then, and we now use RTSports.com.  Lineups are submitted through that site, although they can still be e-mailed to me or called in, if for some reason an owner cannot access the site, and as Commissioner, I can go in and change lineups.

It is not a true Dynasty where you retain your entire roster.  We keep 20 of 25 every offseason and have a rookie (and unclaimed veterans) draft to bring rosters back to 25.  However, in advance of the rookie draft, free agency does provide for ranking players and potentially losing or gaining some players beyond your 5 Franchise and 5 Transition Players (3 years or less).  The remaining 10 players are designated as either Restricted Free Agents (5 players ranked 6-10) or Unrestricted Free Agents (5 players unranked).  Each team may submit blind bids on an assigned date to acquire Restricted Free Agents and Unrestricted Free Agents from other team's rosters.  For example, if I ranked Doug Martin #8 in my Restricted Free Agents, you could bid out a #7 (or higher) to acquire Martin.  If your bid is successful, you will acquire Martin, and I may choose any player ranked #7 or below from your roster as compensation.  There are some limits built in, but it allows for teams with weak rosters to get stronger very quickly and forces strong teams to carefully consider their rankings.

To be fair to the two incoming owners, I am pooling the players from their rosters (50 total players) and allowing the two teams to draft (20 each).  The order for the supplemental draft picks will be random, and the order for free agency and the order of the rookie draft picks will be the reverse order.  Each team has a full compliment of picks in the rookie draft.  One team has the 4th pick, and the other has the 8th pick, and while it is a non-serpentine draft, the order between these two teams will be in reverse order for even-numbered rounds.

You can shoot me an e-mail if you are interested.

r.stocktonlaw@yahoo.com

Ideally, we would conduct the supplemental draft this weekend, but I do not want to push any new owners too quickly

Rob

Ok that sounds awesome then. Thank you for clarifying. I would love to join if you will have me. A little about myself. I’m 29 years old. I have a Dynasty league and standard draft league that I run and have had the same guys in for about 8 years now. I am looking to join a new Dynasty league as the competition is somewhat lacking in my other leagues. I have won 7 of the last 10 leagues (2 leagues per year so that’s 7 in 5 years). I am looking for a good group to join. Fantasy Football is my #1 hobby and something I really enjoy so I would be dedicated to it and in for the long haul.

My email is prlong545@yahoo.com. I will go ahead and send you a message as well about joining you. 

Prlong545 said:
Ok that sounds awesome then. Thank you for clarifying. I would love to join if you will have me. A little about myself. I’m 29 years old. I have a Dynasty league and standard draft league that I run and have had the same guys in for about 8 years now. I am looking to join a new Dynasty league as the competition is somewhat lacking in my other leagues. I have won 7 of the last 10 leagues (2 leagues per year so that’s 7 in 5 years). I am looking for a good group to join. Fantasy Football is my #1 hobby and something I really enjoy so I would be dedicated to it and in for the long haul.

My email is prlong545@yahoo.com. I will go ahead and send you a message as well about joining you. 
Great to have you aboard.

we are still looking to fill the final spot

Users who are viewing this thread