What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amari Cooper Player Spotlight (1 Viewer)

Phil Alexander

You guys probably know the deal by now -- after a hiatus, we're bringing the Player Spotlight threads back to the Shark Pool. For those who are new around here, the Player Spotlights are one of the main features on the site during the preseason. They're in-depth looks at key players, including pros and cons, and our staff projections. For years, we also included the best commentary from the Shark Pool. A few years ago, activity in the Pool died down and commentary fell off, but we have confidence in a resurgence.

So here's the deal. Discuss your thoughts about the player in question. We'll pick the best comments from the bunch and use them (and give you credit) in the published articles.

Amari Cooper is a tricky player to value as we approach 2018 fantasy drafts. On one hand, Cooper's statistical output in his age 21 and 22 seasons places him in an elite historical cohort. But on the other, he was hands-down the most frustrating player to own in 2017. Some analysts have gone as far as to call him a bust at the NFL level. What do you make of Cooper? Are you willing to write off his awful 2017 as an anomaly and draft him at or ahead of his ADP, or was last year a sign he'll never put it all together as a pro and is therefore overrated for fantasy purposes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cooper isn't a guy I'm interested in at his ADP. . He's still being drafted as a high-end WR2 as if 2017 was just a shared nightmare we all had, and not reality. Other than one crazy Thursday Night game against an extremely banged up Chiefs secondary, Cooper was barely roster worthy last year. The offense as a whole underachieved, but unlike Carr or Crabtree, Cooper looked legit bad on tape. Maybe he was hurt more than he was letting on, but he put almost nothing good on tape other than 1 game.

I'm not buying the coach speak of Gruden talking about him as the focal point of the offense. Gruden is the king of everybody is great, and we'll go 16-0 winning by 60 every week. He sees things in the rosiest of rose colored glasses. He said similar things about Michael Clayton once upon a time too. Gruden's history tells me, that he greatly prefers reliable veterans in his skill positions, and that could easily stay the same in Oakland. Would anyone be surprised if the offense was built around Lynch and Nelson simply because they are more proven, and trustworthy? I'm not saying I'd draft Nelson over Cooper, but I could certainly envision a scenario where Nelson is the #1 WR. Gruden has gotten big years from guys who many thought were at the end of the line, Rice, Brown, and non-HOFers like McCardell and Galloway. Nelson could be next.

All that said, maybe the injury woes explain everything, and maybe Gruden fixes the offense. I'm expecting a heavier run volume, so if Cooper is to live up to his ADP, he's going to have to improve his consistency, especially on deep balls, where with Bryant likely suspended, Cooper will likely be more heavily relied upon. 

Footballguys currently has Cooper at WR14 in standard, and WR15 in PPR, and that feels far too risky to me. I'd have him probably in the early 20's, ideally as a WR3. I'd prefer guys in better offenses, like Jeffery, JuJu, or Diggs in that area, or higher ceiling talents, like Robinson, Hilton, or Gordon.

60-900-7 feels like a fair projection to me. 

It’s crazy to think that halfway thru the 2016 season, Cooper’s line was 52/787/2.  It’s been a swift and puzzling fall.  Few things...

1. Gruden is certainly King Hyperbole. But historically he’s also fed his WR1.  The depth chart behind Amari is Jordy/Martavis.  And who knows what the latters status is given recent reports.  If Cooper is healthy he won’t want for looks...an issue that inexplicably occurred quite a bit last year.

2. A return to form or at least a season justifying being a 4th overall selection gets him a new contract.  It’s not that he knows this because I think his approach is to give it what he’s got at all times.  But Carr just got paid, and he’ll want to position Cooper to get paid as well.

He’s got to fix the drop issue.  That was really the concerning part about his season.  Carr alluded to Cooper being more hurt than he was letting on all year.  But I like the kid and last year was the type of test that guys who go about their business the right way, learn from and use to become better.  

His ADP does seem like such a resurgence is to a large degree already baked into his value.  But he was considered a legitmlate 2nd/early 3rd round talent last year, and he could still return that this year.

Sure feels like the rain clouds around Gurley in 2017 offseason moved to Cooper in 2018. Not saying he'll have the same Gurlessaince but people can really get impacted by recency bias. 

I actually think Cooper's biggest perception problem is he burst on the scene post-OBJ and expectations for young WRs just went bonkers. So when he regressed in year three the reaction was even more severe. 

I see a talented young WR with a young QB who had a down year along with the rest of an overhyped team. I still see him as low-end WR1 in dynasty.

To put another way, I don't think we've seen his best season yet. 

I don't see how he doesn't get 140 targets or more. Honestly who else is getting them? I can't stop drafting him in the late 3rd and I need to for the sake of diversifying. But the only point I would be hesitant to draft him is the late 1st/early 2nd, which will not be happening anywhere. His risk is *not* baked into his price, IMO, and I think he will push for mid WR1 numbers if healthy. I see him as a potential league winner. 

I also am not crazy about the other names available in the mid to late 3rd. I don't hate Penny, Drake, or Henry there, but in general I have been leaning Cooper. 

2017 was an injury plagued anomaly, as I see it. If I'm wrong so be it. The way I heard it was that he toughed it out and played when many others wouldn't have. 

tombonneau said:
Sure feels like the rain clouds around Gurley in 2017 offseason moved to Cooper in 2018. Not saying he'll have the same Gurlessaince but people can really get impacted by recency bias. 

I actually think Cooper's biggest perception problem is he burst on the scene post-OBJ and expectations for young WRs just went bonkers. So when he regressed in year three the reaction was even more severe. 

I see a talented young WR with a young QB who had a down year along with the rest of an overhyped team. I still see him as low-end WR1 in dynasty.

To put another way, I don't think we've seen his best season yet. 
While I agree that Cooper was overdrafted last year due to his potential to breakout, it's hard to overstate how bad he was. He had weeks of 0, 6, 8 and 9 yards last year. He also had 4 other weeks where he had less than 60 yards and no TD's. If you drafted Cooper as a late second or early third and started him every week he might have lost you the season.

I think that's why so many people are buying into the injury narrative, people are looking for an excuse as to how he could be so bad

preseason 2018 Cooper reminds me a lot of preseason 2017 Hopkins. a lot of people were down on Hopkins last year. I see Cooper on a similar trajectory. 

New coach, new system that plans to feature him... I dont know how he doesnt get 130+ targets. Great buy low candidate. 

preseason 2018 Cooper reminds me a lot of preseason 2017 Hopkins. a lot of people were down on Hopkins last year. I see Cooper on a similar trajectory. 

New coach, new system that plans to feature him... I dont know how he doesnt get 130+ targets. Great buy low candidate. 
I'm not sure I get the Hopkins comparison. Hopkins didn't have a new coach, or new system, what Hopkins had was a new QB, and a prior elite season. Cooper is the exact opposite of all those things. 

I think Cooper can bounce back, its just I think the bounce back would be back to his 2016 numbers, not to what people were hoping/projecting last year.

Cooper is overvalued at his current ADP...just like he has been the last few years.   

The explanation for underperforming last year??  There really isn't one.

No thanks.

I'm not sure I get the Hopkins comparison. Hopkins didn't have a new coach, or new system, what Hopkins had was a new QB, and a prior elite season. Cooper is the exact opposite of all those things. 

I think Cooper can bounce back, its just I think the bounce back would be back to his 2016 numbers, not to what people were hoping/projecting last year.
Hopkins followed a great year up with a very bad year, and as a result he was ranked into the mid level wr2 status for 2017. he bounced back to elite status. 

cooper went from elite to disappointing from 16-17 and is now mid wr2 ranked. he has the skills, and now the system, to succeed. great bounce back candidate and still so young... hes just 18 months older than Calvin Ridley! 

Hopkins followed a great year up with a very bad year, and as a result he was ranked into the mid level wr2 status for 2017. he bounced back to elite status. 

cooper went from elite to disappointing from 16-17 and is now mid wr2 ranked. he has the skills, and now the system, to succeed. great bounce back candidate and still so young... hes just 18 months older than Calvin Ridley! 
This is what I find so interesting about Cooper. This perception that he's already arrived. His best year in non-ppr is wr13 when Crabtree was wr12 on the same team. Is that an elite WR? His first two years, while good, are significant because of the idea that WRs with that level of early production become Beckham/Green/Julio types. It makes sense, the track record for top 7 WR picks not named Tavon Austin is very strong.

He has this perception of an elite WR that is going to be force fed like those top tier guys. There is going to be someone in every league that thinks they are getting a top 5 upside guy in Cooper who will overpay. I wish them the best but he will not be on any of my teams this fall.

He has this perception of an elite WR that is going to be force fed like those top tier guys. There is going to be someone in every league that thinks they are getting a top 5 upside guy in Cooper who will overpay. I wish them the best but he will not be on any of my team this fall.

exactly

This is what I find so interesting about Cooper. This perception that he's already arrived. His best year in non-ppr is wr13 when Crabtree was wr12 on the same team. Is that an elite WR? His first two years, while good, are significant because of the idea that WRs with that level of early production become Beckham/Green/Julio types. It makes sense, the track record for top 7 WR picks not named Tavon Austin is very strong.

He has this perception of an elite WR that is going to be force fed like those top tier guys. There is going to be someone in every league that thinks they are getting a top 5 upside guy in Cooper who will overpay. I wish them the best but he will not be on any of my teams this fall.

I misspoke by saying elite. let's go with wr1. I do not put him in the same sentence as obj or AB, but I think he certainly can make the leap to a high end wr1. before last year he averaged 131 targets. if that grows to 140-150 he is getting the same volume as some of the top 8 wrs in current fbg rankings. hes young, with a young qb finally healthy, and a coach who wants to get him the ball. he needs to fix a few things (drops) but hes much younger than most of the top 10 WRs

you're right, he hasn't arrived yet, he hasn't peaked. out of the top 24 wrs, I believe only juju is younger than him. people are ready to give up on a 24 year old wr with 3 years NFL experience who has shown glimpses of being great. crazy

you're right, he hasn't arrived yet, he hasn't peaked. out of the top 24 wrs, I believe only juju is younger than him. people are ready to give up on a 24 year old wr with 3 years NFL experience who has shown glimpses of being great. crazy
Exactly. From dynasty POV the best had yet to come. I bought him low last year after his rough start and another owner has been hitting me up this offseason interested in trying to buy. I'm holding. 

The Hopkins comp is dead on. After everyone was down on him he went from a WR2 to WR2. I'm not expecting similar resurgence but think Cooper solidifies himself as a WR1 this year. 

It isn't just last season that was a problem. Consider his splits in 2016:

1st 8 games: 52/787/2 (15.1 ypr) with 32 first downs on 80 targets = 17.8 ppg (PPR)
Last 8 games: 30/363/3 (12.1 ypr) with 16 first downs on 50 targets = 10.5 ppg (PPR)

With that data, we can look at his career splits as follows:

1st 24 games: 124/1857/8 (15.0 ypr) with 77 first downs on 210 targets = 14.9 ppg (PPR)
Last 22 games: 78/1043/9 (13.3 ypr) with 46 first downs on 110 targets = 10.7 ppg (PPR)

Bucky Brooks wrote last season that Cooper has a lot of difficulty with press coverage, and the Broncos and Texans provided a blueprint for defending him in weeks 9-10 of 2016, and opposing defenses have been mostly following that blueprint ever since. If a lot of his problem truly is about how he is defended, maybe the new coaching staff will do some things better to overcome that, like putting him in motion and giving him more routes from the slot.

But I agree with those saying I don't want him at his ADP. I don't buy the excuse that he played through injuries last season. This is half of his career now that he has drastically underperformed, and it is the most recent half. No thanks.

Hopkins comp is terrible 
If you take it for exactly how I meant it: a WR1 last year who is considered a WR2 this year after just one down year full of many extenuating circumstances, then it's similar. You gotta love the Shark Pool. Take something someone has said and dissect it to the point of ridiculousness. No, Cooper is not Hopkins, won't be a top 3 WR at the end of the season. Their skill sets and size are different. His QB is not changing. 

This is how I meant and I explained it: a WR1 last year who had a bad year and is now considered a WR2, but has every opportunity to climb back into WR1 status. If you disagree, that's fine. It's the nature of fantasy football, and that's a-okay with me. 

Cooper has bounce back written all over him, IMO, and if he can get 130-140 targets it's hard to not see him in the WR1 discussion 

If you take it for exactly how I meant it: a WR1 last year who is considered a WR2 this year after just one down year full of many extenuating circumstances, then it's similar. You gotta love the Shark Pool. Take something someone has said and dissect it to the point of ridiculousness. No, Cooper is not Hopkins, won't be a top 3 WR at the end of the season. Their skill sets and size are different. His QB is not changing. 

This is how I meant and I explained it: a WR1 last year who had a bad year and is now considered a WR2, but has every opportunity to climb back into WR1 status. If you disagree, that's fine. It's the nature of fantasy football, and that's a-okay with me. 

Cooper has bounce back written all over him, IMO, and if he can get 130-140 targets it's hard to not see him in the WR1 discussion 

I understand your comparison and to an extent I agree that a bounce back is a strong possibility. To me the major difference between the two is that Hopkins was a value last year due to his bad year while I don't believe Cooper will be good value because people are already incorporating his bounce back into his draft price. 

I understand your comparison and to an extent I agree that a bounce back is a strong possibility. To me the major difference between the two is that Hopkins was a value last year due to his bad year while I don't believe Cooper will be good value because people are already incorporating his bounce back into his draft price. 
I would agree. If we graded him on 2017 into 2018, not expecting a large bounce back, he should be in the WR2/flex discussion. Not low end WR1. There are obviously some who feel he won't bounce back, and that's fine too. 

He's a polarizing figure because there is 1 group that is ignoring 2017 and writing it off as a down year, he's going to bounce back and be at that same level of potential as this time 2017. There's the other side of that coin where he is what he is: a WR2/3 with below average hands on a team with an average to below average QB, a coach who may be overrated, and we shouldn't expect much more than maybe something between 2017 and 2016. I think that's a legitimate point to be made. I disagree, but it's definitely reasonable. 

He's a polarizing figure because there is 1 group that is ignoring 2017 and writing it off as a down year, he's going to bounce back and be at that same level of potential as this time 2017. There's the other side of that coin where he is what he is: a WR2/3 with below average hands on a team with an average to below average QB, a coach who may be overrated, and we shouldn't expect much more than maybe something between 2017 and 2016. I think that's a legitimate point to be made. I disagree, but it's definitely reasonable. 
I don't necessarily disagree with the bolded, but man, we're talking about a young QB who in 2016 was in MVP discussions and many feel had he not gotten hurt he would have won it *AND* taken the Raiders deep into the playoffs. And now he's *maybe* average. And again, I don't disagree, but wow things move fast in the NFL.

He will get more opportunity with Crabtree gone so that will lead to more production no matter what. And I do think you have to factor in the injury.  That being said, I expect him to be a mid WR2 value WR--somewhere between WR14-18 partly because I think Oakland will make running the ball a priority.

Cooper is overvalued at his current ADP...just like he has been the last few years.   

No thanks.
I think there are reasonable explanations for last year. Looking forward to laying them out in the Spotlight. It should be up on the site early next week.

He was limited in practice with a knee injury the first 7 weeks last year. Carr was quoted as saying Cooper played the season on one leg. 

People love to claim that injuries are just an excuse. Would we give Cooper more of a pass if he had sat out instead of playing?  

He may have some deficienies in his game, but I don't see him getting less than 140 targets. 90 catches 1300 yards and 8 TDs is where I have him.

David Carr was just getting over a bad injury. Mariota also had a bad year following his leg fracture

Cooper himself was injured most of last year

A lack of identity on offense. Poor coaching. hense why there was an opening this year and they hired Gruden 

Lack of an effective running game. I think they got too caught up in trying to justify bringing in Lynch and got away from what made them a playoff team the year before. see paragraph above. this probably falls into that 

I don't necessarily disagree with the bolded, but man, we're talking about a young QB who in 2016 was in MVP discussions and many feel had he not gotten hurt he would have won it *AND* taken the Raiders deep into the playoffs. And now he's *maybe* average. And again, I don't disagree, but wow things move fast in the NFL.
I love Carr. I said what I said to try and appease those who dissect every word. I felt if I said carr was a great up and coming QB the nay sayers would have been side tracked and we would have been in a 6 post Carr discussion. I think Carr is going to also have a huge comeback year. 

people have gotten so accustomed to seeing players rushing back status post acl tear, fracture, any surgery. they expect if they're cleared to play they're good to go. the reality of it is that it takes a year to 18 mo to fully recover from any of that stuff. I'm not the least bit surprised to see these athletes, and those around them, struggling the year after they get hurt. imagine being an NFL athlete, taking 6 months off, many times non weight bearing depending on the injury or surgery, and then coming back and being expected to take a step forward on what you did last year. it's ridiculous. as a fantasy player I pay close attention to these guys and use my medical knowledge to tab those who are forgotten because of one bad year following a bad injury and I jump on them. I've been right on a lot along the way. this year I'm super excited about both carr and Mariota 

David Carr was just getting over a bad injury. Mariota also had a bad year following his leg fracture

A lack of identity on offense. Poor coaching. hense why there was an opening this year and they hired Gruden 

Lack of an effective running game. I think they got too caught up in trying to justify bringing in Lynch and got away from what made them a playoff team the year before. see paragraph above. this probably falls into that 
I saw the opposite. They'd have won 3-4 more games if they had actually fed Lynch more. He was easily the best player on the offense in 2017. With the roster they have, they should be a team rushing the ball 30+ times a game and taking shots off playaction.

I saw the opposite. They'd have won 3-4 more games if they had actually fed Lynch more. He was easily the best player on the offense in 2017. With the roster they have, they should be a team rushing the ball 30+ times a game and taking shots off playaction.
you could be right. I felt like they were very confused at rb in general. I wasnt terribly impressed with lynch... he didn't look the same and justifiably so. I'll admit I didn't watch more than 2 raiders games. 

I love Carr. I said what I said to try and appease those who dissect every word. I felt if I said carr was a great up and coming QB the nay sayers would have been side tracked and we would have been in a 6 post Carr discussion. I think Carr is going to also have a huge comeback year. 

people have gotten so accustomed to seeing players rushing back status post acl tear, fracture, any surgery. they expect if they're cleared to play they're good to go. the reality of it is that it takes a year to 18 mo to fully recover from any of that stuff. I'm not the least bit surprised to see these athletes, and those around them, struggling the year after they get hurt. imagine being an NFL athlete, taking 6 months off, many times non weight bearing depending on the injury or surgery, and then coming back and being expected to take a step forward on what you did last year. it's ridiculous. as a fantasy player I pay close attention to these guys and use my medical knowledge to tab those who are forgotten because of one bad year following a bad injury and I jump on them. I've been right on a lot along the way. this year I'm super excited about both carr and Mariota 
Not to take too steep a detour, but who else you like post-injury, Doc? 

He was limited in practice with a knee injury the first 7 weeks last year. Carr was quoted as saying Cooper played the season on one leg. 

People love to claim that injuries are just an excuse. Would we give Cooper more of a pass if he had sat out instead of playing?  

He may have some deficienies in his game, but I don't see him getting less than 140 targets. 90 catches 1300 yards and 8 TDs is where I have him.
What was the excuse explaining away the second half of 2016?

az_prof said:
He will get more opportunity with Crabtree gone so that will lead to more production no matter what. And I do think you have to factor in the injury.  That being said, I expect him to be a mid WR2 value WR--somewhere between WR14-18 partly because I think Oakland will make running the ball a priority.
I don’t know. I actually like Jordy at his value over Cooper at his. Like Crabtree, there is a real possibility Nelson outproduces Cooper at a cheaper price.

Phil Alexander said:
Just Win Baby said:
What was the excuse explaining away the second half of 2016?
Played through back and shoulder injuries without missing a game. Granted, not a good sign he plays terribly when he's knicked up.
So he has been playing through injuries for the past 1.5 seasons, and that explains his poor performance over that period?

Then it seems surprising that no one is really talking much about his propensity to get hurt, especially since apparently he plays so poorly when not healthy.

It may also be worth pointing out that Cooper faces a pretty difficult schedule. Clayton Gray's Ultimate WR SOS just released shows OAK with the 5th worst schedule overall and the 4th worst in weeks 14-16.

tombonneau said:
Not to take too steep a detour, but who else you like post-injury, Doc? 
Dion Lewis, Mariota, Carr I like. I'm not too excited for many athletes coming off injuries last season: foreman, cook to name 2. foreman's career could never be the same tbh. cook I'm less concerned about but I still dont expect him to be as good as he was last year. 

when we have injuries like acl tears, ruptured tendons (especially Achilles), broken bones, that typically take 12-18 months, and those guys are coming back 8-10 months... its ridiculous to assume they wont miss a beat and not have a bad year. it's especially disturbing when I read in the fbg email "Achilles aren't as serious as they used to be." no... the tears, healing time and time to build strength haven't changed. unless you want to start including help from steroids. then yes that helps. sure the surgeries and protocols have improved, but in the end an injury like a ruptured Achilles is catastrophic. guys come back a little better due to better rehab but to assume these guys wont miss a beat is absolutely nuts imo. 

Dr. Dan said:

Does the leg problems explain all the brutal drops? There was also an article somewhere that showed he gets eating up by press coverage and it’s not just last year. 

I agree that he could still put it together but he hasn’t been as great as some think. His price seems way too high for me to be interested.

Does the leg problems explain all the brutal drops? There was also an article somewhere that showed he gets eating up by press coverage and it’s not just last year. 

I agree that he could still put it together but he hasn’t been as great as some think. His price seems way too high for me to be interested.
If the coaching staff can put him in a position to maximize his talents we should see an improvement.

in the KC game last year they had him running out of the slot and running drags which he did well at but then the next few games they forgot all about that and I don't recall him being put in those same formations or routes.

lets see if Chuckies crew can manage him better 

the drops concern me. however I've seen many players turn that around. Davante Adams immediately comes to mind. That's no guarantee that Cooper turns it around too, but it's been done by many before.

Per Pro Football Focus data, Cooper's 2.21 yards per route run from the slot ranked third in the NFL among receivers with 90 or more slot routes run last season.

I think the ff community is sleeping on the Raiders offensive personnel similar to how they were sleeping on the Rams offensive personnel last season.  Make no mistake, the biggest change in Oakland was the coaching staff.  It is eerily similar to when the Rams went from Jeff Fisher to Sean McVay.  The Raiders offensive play calling was attrocious going from Musgrave to Downing from 2016 to 2017.  System matters and Gruden will have this offense clicking.  Gruden took this job because of Carr.  This offense could end up being pretty explosive...see the Gannon, Rice, Brown, Porter, Garner years.

With that in mind, Gruden has always produced a high end WR in every year he coached.  There is no reason to think Cooper can't be the top WR in Gruden's system.

I also think Doug Martin could be a nice sleeper.  Gruden has been salivating about him in camp so it wouldn't surprise me if he is used similar to how Garner was used for ppr league's.

Cooper has a lot of talent, but he's the ultimate tease.  My biggest concern is that he disappears for long stretches in games and drops too many passes.  Good defenses can take him out the game.  The Denver Broncos own him.   In 6 career games vs DEN, he has 17 rec for 160 yds and 2 TDs.  Terrible.   And guess who OAK plays week 16.....Denver.  And OAK's early schedule is pretty tough.....LAR, at DEN , at MIA, CLE, at LAC, SEA.

In 46 total games played, he has 202 rec for 2899 yds and 18 TDs.  He has 11 games of 100 yds or more.  In those games, he totaled 81 rec for 1513 yds and 9 TDs.  So more than 50% of his yards, 50% of his TDs, and about 40% of his receptions came from less than 25% of his games.  What's amazing is that Cooper only has 4 games in his career between 70-100 yds receiving. 

So he's generally boom or bust.  While I like to have huge upside, Cooper's floor is way too low for me to want him has my WR2.  I would rather have him as a WR3 but it's unlikely that I will get him as a WR3 unless I go WR-WR-WR.

My advice is to pass on Cooper in drafts, and try to acquire him cheap (and make him your WR3) if OAK's new offense gets off to a slow start....which is certainly possible under a new system.

What's amazing is that Cooper only has 4 games in his career between 70-100 yds receiving. 

So he's generally boom or bust.  While I like to have huge upside, Cooper's floor is way too low for me to want him has my WR2.  I would rather have him as a WR3 but it's unlikely that I will get him as a WR3 unless I go WR-WR-WR.

My advice is to pass on Cooper in drafts, and try to acquire him cheap (and make him your WR3) if OAK's new offense gets off to a slow start....which is certainly possible under a new system.
Fascinating.   So he just disappears if faced with press coverage because he can't get separation or catch contested passes and gets  the dropsies?

He seems like he has the body type to win anywhere.  Unlike a Hilton or someone, who has to take the top off.

I think he has all of the skills to be a top 10 WR. But something is missing....he doesn’t seem like a fiery competitor from afar. Maybe his drive to be better is just not there. I will be passing on him in redraft and if I can find any believers I am selling in dynasty.

Gruden is going to turn this team into a dumpster fire.

The top coaches in today’s NFL are all analytical and play chess.  Gruden will be playing checkers.

Cooper is very talented but the basic scheme Gruden is going to run won’t work in 2018.

65/720/4 TD’s seems about right.  Put him with a good modern coach and he could do much better.

Users who are viewing this thread