What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Fallout 76 Thread (1 Viewer)

Cold Dead Hands

Footballguy
I am debating the pre-order in order to get into the Beta. The map location has been semi-confirmed to be WV and the maps I have seen are pretty close. I live in WV and was able to approximate the area in which I live. I told my son we could build our house right where our house actually is located, and I hope that is true. I am very excited for this game, admittedly more so due to location. My son is chirping at me on a daily basis about this game.

I am still worried about the multi-player aspect. We have yet to see if it lives up to its predecessors.

I've got the pre-order and BETA code for Xbox. Looking forward to first impressions during the BETA and more info coming out. Also worried about the multi-player aspect so hopefully my BETA experience will help ease my concerns.

If this ends up being an MMORPG and is anything like Elder Scrolls Online, it will most likely be on the better end of MMORPGs, but to some that's like being on the better end of diarrhea.  But I enjoy them and ESO had one of the most vibrant and thought out worlds and story for an MMO.  

I am debating the pre-order in order to get into the Beta. The map location has been semi-confirmed to be WV and the maps I have seen are pretty close. I live in WV and was able to approximate the area in which I live. I told my son we could build our house right where our house actually is located, and I hope that is true. I am very excited for this game, admittedly more so due to location. My son is chirping at me on a daily basis about this game.

I am still worried about the multi-player aspect. We have yet to see if it lives up to its predecessors.
Congrats on finally having a reason to be excited about residing in WV

It is 48 bucks at Amazon if you have prime. And you get the beta code. I just got a $10 gift card for Amazon. Hmmmm

Bethesda has announced that the Beta will start in October, no hard date yet though.  :banned:

They did say that they will start small with just a few testers and expand the pool over time, but everyone that got a Beta code from preorder will get to test eventually.

Bethesda has announced that the Beta will start in October, no hard date yet though.  :banned:

They did say that they will start small with just a few testers and expand the pool over time, but everyone that got a Beta code from preorder will get to test eventually.
I'm a bit surprised it is that close to the release date.  It doesn't seem like they will have much time to react if players find things.

:blackdot:  Even though I don't play online and likely won't buy the game until 6+ months after release.

Bethesda has announced the Beta dates:

The B.E.T.A. begins first on Xbox One on Tuesday, October 23, and on PlayStation 4 and PC on October 30. The B.E.T.A. is the full game. Our current plan is for your progress to carry over once Fallout 76 officially launches on November 14. Stay tuned for more information.

:banned:

It seems a lot of Fallout fans are pissed about it being online and not a regular single player game.  I hope it's as good as it can be.  I love the Fallout games.

Lame. I guess I'll be playing catch up once it launches.
Supposedly they are going to be limiting the amount of time the game is up every day so there shouldn't be a ton of folks way ahead. Here's the FAQ:

During the B.E.T.A. one of our primary goals is to stress test and break the game. As such, the servers will not be running 24/7; instead, they’ll be online during targeted timeframes so we can get as many people as possible playing at the same time. Why? Because that’s the best way put all our systems to the test and see how they respond.

On any given day the game might be up for anywhere between four to eight hours. Focusing as many players as we can into these windows is our prime objective. Then we’ll fix what we need to fix and do it again and again from the start of B.E.T.A. until a few days before launch. We’ll give you as much heads up as possible because we need you to log in during these times and play the game.

Man, I love FO but that sounds boring as ####. No NPCs and base building sounds like a pass from me.  I can only imagine walking out of the vault, getting sniped and then teabagged over and over and over. 
That's my worry as well but they make it sound like you won't run into other players that often.  Sounds fun if you have some friends you can play with but if you play alone I'm not sure yet.  I plan to get the game eventually because I love the series.

Man, I love FO but that sounds boring as ####. No NPCs and base building sounds like a pass from me.  I can only imagine walking out of the vault, getting sniped and then teabagged over and over and over. 
I think it isn't going to appeal as much to the solo player.  Not enough story telling.  If you have a group of friends to play with it will be awesome.

How is settlement building going to work from a geographical perspective?  How limited is building space and how are they going to handle running out of buildable space on the servers?  If someone starts playing a year from now, are they #### out of luck?

How is settlement building going to work from a geographical perspective?  How limited is building space and how are they going to handle running out of buildable space on the servers?  If someone starts playing a year from now, are they #### out of luck?
Each server is only going to have a max of about 32 people.

Maybe that is a bad way to say it.  I doubt a full server is going to be dedicated to 32 people, but each instance of the game on a server will only have a max of 32 people.  So unlikely that you're going to run into a building issue.

Maybe that is a bad way to say it.  I doubt a full server is going to be dedicated to 32 people, but each instance of the game on a server will only have a max of 32 people.  So unlikely that you're going to run into a building issue.
Supposedly the map is 4 times the size of Fallout 4 as well.

watch the video posted in the main video game thread.  It talks about PVP.  You only engage in PVP if you want to.  The game does not allow sniping.  The first damage you take from anyone is minimal and unless you respond by firing back, the game won't enter a full pvp mode.

Debating whether to buy the pc or Xbox version of the game.  I don't know many people that plan on getting either and would like to utilize the multiplayer component with people I know or can relate to.

I'll be on Xbox. My PC is long past it's time in the sun. No money to get a new one any time soon.

watch the video posted in the main video game thread.  It talks about PVP.  You only engage in PVP if you want to.  The game does not allow sniping.  The first damage you take from anyone is minimal and unless you respond by firing back, the game won't enter a full pvp mode.
You have to squad up to play though, right?  If you can truly play the game as a single player experience, I’m a go. If not, it’ll be Red Dead and other things. 

You have to squad up to play though, right?  If you can truly play the game as a single player experience, I’m a go. If not, it’ll be Red Dead and other things. 
I recommend you watch the video I posted.  The streamer got to play the game for 3 hours and put together a nice video trying to tackle questions like yours.

Everything sounded good until I read that you cant talk to your team mates using a mic. You have to use emotes within the game. 

Love Fallout.

I have zero desire to play with other people.  The time I do spend playing, which is less and less, I do to get away from people.

Having said that... the world itself looks amazing. I hope they learn enough from this one to make 5 that much better whenever it releases.

Love Fallout.

I have zero desire to play with other people.  The time I do spend playing, which is less and less, I do to get away from people.

Having said that... the world itself looks amazing. I hope they learn enough from this one to make 5 that much better whenever it releases.
Personally, I look forward to playing with some of you schmos.

Love Fallout.

Yeah this is me. I play late at night after my wife goes to bed with headphones. I don’t want to chat, I don’t want to party up, I just want to play.  I have no desire to play what is basically a Fallout MMO. 

I've got a couple of days off from work at the end of the month, hopefully will get into the Xbox BETA early to play on those days and I can give you guys some impressions.

I'm not a huge fan of the MMO aspect either. My buddies and I have gotten old and haven't had time to party up on a game since like BLOPs 2 five or six years ago.

AcerFC said:
Everything sounded good until I read that you cant talk to your team mates using a mic. You have to use emotes within the game. 
I read a preview (Gamespot?) where the author described using voice chat. I thought they were using Xbox live but maybe it was a third party app or something. 

Yeah this is me. I play late at night after my wife goes to bed with headphones. I don’t want to chat, I don’t want to party up, I just want to play.  I have no desire to play what is basically a Fallout MMO. 
Yup, me too. Loved everything Fallout since the first one back in... jeez, 97 or 98? But I'm firmly in the "single player only" camp of videogaming. These video impressions make it clear this isn't the game for me. If they go the ESO route and make it viable for single player, maybe at some point I pick it up. 

Got an email from Bethesda this morning saying the BETA is ready for download, however, gameplay doesn't start on the XBOXs until Tuesday the 23rd of next week.

So those on the fence, there should be a whole lot more info and first hand impressions coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread