What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Gallup Player Spotlight (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
Dez Bryant was sent packing. Jason Witten unexpectedly retired. Terrance Williams is still Terrance Williams. 

Dak Prescott needs playmakers, and Michael Gallup has the opportunity to be among the leading rookies in terms of targets and receptions if he can impress the coaches in the early preseason. Gallup isn't a complete player yet but his film shows a dynamic playmaker with a "my ball" mentality. He's the kind of aggressive receiver Prescott needs to flourish. Allen Hurns, a free agent, could be the team's de facto #1, but Gallup has a much higher upside (higher risk, higher reward). 

How comfortable are you with Gallup contributing in redraft leagues? Where does he rank for you against other receivers and, more specifically, other rookie receivers? Do you think he can be the Cowboys top pass catcher this season? 

If Allen Hurns stays healthy, he's the Cowboys #1 by a wide margin in my opinion. That said, he's always had trouble staying healthy. I thought Gallup was the best WR in this draft class, but hated his landing spot, as Prescott doesn't seem like the type of QB he'd flourish with. 

I'm expecting the Dallas passing game to be a jumbled clustered mess after Hurns, but if anyone else emerges, it should be Gallup. He's not a guy I'd draft, but he's a guy I'd keep an eye on waivers.

He's my #4 redraft rookie WR after Ridley, Kirk and Miller.

I currently have Gallup as the #3 Cowboys WR in targets. It’s a pretty difficult projection and the team as a whole I already see changing with Jarwin looking like he’s going to walk into OTA’s as the starter. Gallup has a lot of opportunity with the loss of Dez and Witten. I’m not sure what the hell Dallas is doing though. Gallup is the only thing they’ve done that makes sense on offense this offseason. Right now:

71targets 41rec 577yds 3TD

Allen Hurns hasn't played a full season since 2014. He is the definition of what I would call injury prone. 

There are a lot of targets up for grabs with Witten and Dez gone, and I think Gallup is a good candidate to get a large chunk of those. While everyone is focusing on the hype behind Kirk in AZ, Gallup has an even better opportunity. I think he may very well surprise. I have him targeted in all drafts, rookie and redraft. 

Users who are viewing this thread