What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty/Keeper help! Will help in return! (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
I play in a 12-team, .5 PPR league. We start a QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex positions, K, and DEF.  We can keep 4 to 6 players. Rounds 1-4 are your assumed group of 4 keepers and so the first round of drafting is Round 5 if you catch my drift.

My team is:

QB - Cam Newton, Philip Rivers

RB - LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller, Chris Carson, Devontae Booker, Peyton Barber, and Tion Green

WR - Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffery, Devin Funchess, Sammy Watkins, Trent Taylor

TE - Evan Engram

I have a 5th round pick but not a 6th rounder due to some in-season trades. This means I can't have 6 keepers because I don't have a 6th round pick at the moment. Curious which guys of this group you would keep and who you would try and move. Looking to potentially trade McCoy. Jeffery seems to be the guy that people in my league have an interest in acquiring. Would appreciate any help and can answer any questions in return!!! Thanks!

If I'm reading this right, I take it to mean that you have to keep at least 4 players right? If not, I'd dump everybody, and have picks in the 1st 4 rounds.

If you have to keep 4, I'd keep McCoy, Miller, Jeffery and Newton, and try to deal Engram or Fitz to recoup your pick.

Yeah, we have to keep at least 4 players. Was leaning towards McCoy, Newton, Jeffery, and Engram as my keepers but I suppose there are other TEs I can get through the draft. I think dangling Engram might garner some interest though. I don't feel great about Lamar Miller although with Foreman coming off an Achilles injury, he's at least a safe bet as the starter in Houston in what could be a really good offense.

I wouldnt worry about keeping a QB. You only start 1 and the points difference across QBs is smaller than RBs and WRs. The same with TEs except that top 3 or 4. I am not sure Engram has as good a season with OBJ back and Saquon added. Too many mouths to feed. Take a TE with a early to mid pick as gronk, kelce, and ertz are all gonna be kept. Maybe burton, kittle, jimmy g, etc. 

Mccoy, Miller, Jeffery, and Fitz gets my vote. Deal Engram, Watkins, and Funchess to get a pick or two back. 

Thanks for the response. QB points are challenging because you only get 4 pts. per TD and Cam's running opportunity and scoring TDs gives him a bit more value than other QBs. I really like Mahomes and can get him late and I could probably not keep Newton and still draft him while hanging on to McCoy, Miller, Jeffery, and Fitzgerald.

You have a lot of middle type guys so keeping four is tough.  I usually don't like keeping TE or QB in your format but with the players you have you almost have to because they are better than your other choices.  McCoy is the only sure keeper with Alshon probably the next best choice.  Then it comes down to Newton, Engram, Miller and Fitz.   I am not sold on Miller or Fitz so I probably keep the TE and QB.  They should be top 5 at their position. 

Thanks Gally. Always appreciate your reponses. I always have a hard time with trusting Miller and I still think Fitz is a target hog in Arizona so he still provides some value and could be top 10-15 in PPR. I think long-term, Engram provides the safest bet and although OBJ is back, I think he actually opens up the field more for Engram.

I wish you had the option not token anyone because none of these guys are good keepers.  Your best one is Engram.  After that it gets pretty sad but I would take McCoy, Jeffrey Fitz.

Users who are viewing this thread