What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Auden Tate - WR (1 Viewer)

18 hours ago, kittenmittens said:
I don't think he looks very good out there.  He's the opposite of smooth.  He's like a bull in a china shop out there. 

I picked him up a bunch of places though so I hope he produces.  I don't care if he doesn't look graceful doing it. 

Should also add that "graceful" probably isn't this guy's game.  Poor man's DK Metcalf maybe? Nah, too slow... Dwayne Bowe?

Kelvin Benjamin 

Great hands for his size....sloppy route running and not that fast.....I don't see him getting open on a consistent basis.....

Now, I'm the guy who drafted Thielen and Juju in round 2 and 3 this year so what do I know? that guy can't be worse than these two so far.

Not that they've connected much, but he and Eifert have been the preferred targets in the redzone even before the Ross injury.   I think Tate is worth an add imo.  They should be playing from behind often, and when Andy isn't getting demolished (which is often), he's been chucking the ball a lot.  

I had initially assumed that the thread title was a play on "Golden Tate"

("Au" being the chemical symbol for gold).

Would be cool shtick if Auden had a younger brother named Agden. :thumbup:
I always assumed that Golden Tate and AUden Tate were brothers.

Auden Tate caught 3-of-6 targets for 26 yards and a touchdown in the Bengals' Week 5 loss to the Cardinals.

Tate committed two drops on the Bengals' opening drive, one of which would have been a touchdown. He was looking like a DFS donkey play before saving his day with a two-yard score with 4:08 remaining. He got a step and freed himself in the end zone. The Ravens' soft secondary is on deck for Week 6, but going back to the Tate well is unlikely to be profitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is a Clydesdale.  He seems to be managing double digit fantasy points while he has been getting snaps.  If his next few games are decent he will have a nice little track record going and maybe start building some value.  AJ Green doesn't look like he is coming back anytime soon, and even if he does it seems Tate passed Willis and would be the number 3.

:wub:  These are not easy catches this dude's making today. Like @QuizGuy66 says, not many eye popping attributes, but he just catches everything that comes his way.
Like what I see but just got to wonder about opportunity. This is best scenario possible and he's barley squeezing wr3 numbers. Dynasty wise I suppose if Green leaves and it's Boyd/Tate in 2020 he could be a wr2 🤷‍♂️

Like what I see but just got to wonder about opportunity. This is best scenario possible and he's barley squeezing wr3 numbers. Dynasty wise I suppose if Green leaves and it's Boyd/Tate in 2020 he could be a wr2 🤷‍♂️
it's all about the o-line, i think. Dalton and the entire offense is just limping along without any quality players to block/protect. 

it's all about the o-line, i think. Dalton and the entire offense is just limping along without any quality players to block/protect. 
Exactly.   The Achilles heel of this offense.  It's bad when you are looking for glimmers of Hope in John Jerry and waiting for Corey Glen to play.  

Wow, ended up with an easily team leading 12 targets. Next closest was Boyd with 7. Not a great catch rate, but Andy’s looking for him.

John Jerry at Left Tackle today.  John. Jerry.

That and the sheer lack of linebackers are the two biggest problems with this team.  If we get the #1 pick and draft Tua we shouldn't play him until we have at least a mediocre line.

-QG

I wonder what he might sell/be bought for right now in dynasty... 2020 3rd? Late 2nd?

I wonder what he might sell/be bought for right now in dynasty... 2020 3rd? Late 2nd?
As an owner I'd sell for a second all day but not sure who is paying that. And he's not worth moving for a coin flip third. He's a hold, unless you can package him and a pick to a team deep at WR to upgrade the position.

As an owner I'd sell for a second all day but not sure who is paying that. And he's not worth moving for a coin flip third. He's a hold, unless you can package him and a pick to a team deep at WR to upgrade the position.
This pretty much summarizes my thinking.  Would sell for a second but not sure about a third.  I guess that means an early third, or a late 2nd with maybe a throw in is about right if there is an interested buyer.   

I needed roster space for a bye week defense.  I traded Tate and 2020 rookie 4th rounder for a 2020 rookie 3rd rounder on Saturday.  I had very little other interest as I shopped him to just about the entire league. 

edited to add... the 3rd I got will most likely be mid to late. And my 4th I gave away should hopefully be late. (Currently sitting at 5-0). 

This guy has gotten a #### ton of targets for several weeks, almost like the Ross targets floated over here...his production pretty underwhelming yet he has been serviceable.

What do folks think?

This guy has gotten a #### ton of targets for several weeks, almost like the Ross targets floated over here...his production pretty underwhelming yet he has been serviceable.

What do folks think?
Just pulled him off my taxi squad to start him over the KC RBs. Ramsey is gone, so I think he’s going to have opportunities with Boyd on the other side drawing most of the coverage.

Tate was so impressive, making highlight reel catches.  Should have 2 TDs, but Dalton's so inaccurate.  
He does this every week. It's too bad that Dalton is so bad.  I'm not sure what some of the above people were watching when they said he wasn't impressive. That move he made on the CB to get open behind the defense was really nice, but Dalton couldn't even hit him on a 20-25  yard pass. That could have gone for a td since he was behind the defense with no safety around.

He's got a nice role going forward once Green is off the team. Dalton looks for him in the red zone on every play.  Getting it to him is another story though.

Auden Tate caught 5-of-12 targets for 65 yards in the Bengals' Week 8 loss to the Rams.

Tate led the team with his 12 looks and had a short touchdown called back on the second-to-last play of the game in garbage time. He's had at least 50 yards and/or one touchdown in five straight games and is turning into a reliable WR4/FLEX fill-in for bye weeks with a nice floor. The Bengals are now headed into their bye with some receiver uncertainty on the horizon if A.J. Green (ankle) sticks with the team through the trade deadline.

Is he droppable now with a new QB?  I definitely can't risk starting him next week til I see how the new QB plays. 

Is he droppable now with a new QB?  I definitely can't risk starting him next week til I see how the new QB plays. 
Maybe if your league is really shallow and redraft?  Definitely not in dynasty or deep redraft IMO.

Going by the targets, which I think is good process, I would definitely not drop him until we see.

For all we know, he'll get even more and higher value targets.  He's been making some really great catches and can obviously contort and high point the ball.

He might be closer to a bigger Dez Bryant than he is to Kelvin Benjamin in terms of play style.  A better comp is probably Mike Williams.  Auden Tate and Mike Williams might be similarly skilled players with similar talent levels.  Hot take, maybe.

I think the combination of Finely and AJ Green taking his job back, makes Tate a pretty easy cut in all but the deepest of leagues.

Meh. Still not much. No clue with QB situation, if Green stays, if he could beat out Boyd for the #2 spot if AJ comes back. So many ifs. If you're trying to buy, I'd probably offer a 3rd rounder.
I've been selling my shares at an early 3rd price.  Have had plenty of interest. 

He might be closer to a bigger Dez Bryant than he is to Kelvin Benjamin in terms of play style.  A better comp is probably Mike Williams.  Auden Tate and Mike Williams might be similarly skilled players with similar talent levels.  Hot take, maybe.
Benjamin more than Williams. Auden Tate ran a 4.68 40 and Williams ran a 4.49 on his pro day.

Big difference, though the time itself isn't always a foolproof measure of game speed, insert complaint about 40s here, etc.

It's a measure. Take the disparity for what it is. 

Auden Tate was carted off the field in Week 11 against the Raiders.

The 22-year-old took a vicious hit to the back of the head attempting to come down with Ryan Finley's high toss on 3rd-and-19 in the fourth quarter. He was stretchered off the field but managed to give a 'thumbs up' to the crowd before disappearing into the locker room. We'll have an update shortly.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:07 PM ET

Bengals WR Auden Tate is in the concussion protocol and also dealing with a cervical strain.

Tate was carted off the field in Week 11. The Bengals will move forward with Tyler Boyd, Alex Erickson and Stanley Morgan in three-WR sets if Tate is sidelined in Week 12 against the Steelers. Each are thin plays as long as Ryan Finley remains under center. The Bengals' fourth-round rookie has thrown for 282 combined yards in two starts this season against the Ravens and Raiders.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter.

Nov 18, 2019, 3:02 PM ET

John Ross can come back week 14

Great to hear Tate is OK and even has a chance to play this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread