What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

“Permit Patty” calls cops on 8 year old (1 Viewer)

The bay area has had a few of these cases lately. It's weird. There was the bbq Oakland incident. There was another Oakland incident in roughly the same area where some jogger started throwing a homeless person's stuff into the lake and got aggressive with those who tried to stop him. And now this lady, who has the gall to hide when she sees she's being filmed but later gave the pathetic excuse of she wasn't really calling the cops but also ducked to be in a quiter area. 

The bay area has had a few of these cases lately. It's weird. There was the bbq Oakland incident. There was another Oakland incident in roughly the same area where some jogger started throwing a homeless person's stuff into the lake and got aggressive with those who tried to stop him. And now this lady, who has the gall to hide when she sees she's being filmed but later gave the pathetic excuse of she wasn't really calling the cops but also ducked to be in a quiter area. 
Guy on BART calls the cops because other passenger is eating a burrito.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/8tddfe/man_on_bart_calls_for_police_to_report_another/

You know how sometimes people just look like they are a PITA in real life, she looks like that. 
She definitely portrays that "I need to be up in everyone's business" look.  I guarantee she's part of the PTA, an HOA, and any other pointless board she can get on to make her strong opinions known to everyone.

She probably has a facebook group that's sole purpose is to brag about her daughter and 6 cats.

Why the need to point her out as "white" in the article? Would it have been the same if she was black? Why the need to point out race in the first place?

The SJW is strong with both the article and you. 
In a society where people are frequently harassed for 'driving while black' or 'walking while black'  you are taking offense for the race being singled out of a lady who reported an 8-year-old girl for 'selling water while being black'.  It would be somewhat amusing if it were a comedy skit.

There’s always more to this type of story. Unfortunately for the woman who called she is now branded a racist and her life is ruined.  

Read interview with woman. Sounds like she was annoyed with the noise the girl was making. Called cops. 

Why does everything need to be about race?  If this were a white girl would we even know about this?

seems we don’t even consider the possibility that the woman was annoyed over the girls noise, likely didn’t even see the girl before confronting her and her mom to realize she was black. I do however bet the caller now regrets doing it. 

FTR the woman is going over the top calling the cops.  

There’s always more to this type of story. Unfortunately for the woman who called she is now branded a racist and her life is ruined.  

Read interview with woman. Sounds like she was annoyed with the noise the girl was making. Called cops.  
Did any cops actually come out? Something about this particular kerfluffle is hoaxy. Very little specific detail.

Why does everything need to be about race?  If this were a white girl would we even know about this?

seems we don’t even consider the possibility that the woman was annoyed over the girls noise, likely didn’t even see the girl before confronting her and her mom to realize she was black. I do however bet the caller now regrets doing it. 

FTR the woman is going over the top calling the cops.  
Yeah I think a woman calling the cops an 8 year old girl selling water would make the news regardless of race.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article212213524.html

Not sure what you mean exactly but I want to be clear on my intentions: the law is the law and kids need permits to sell food and beverage. If I see a lemonade stand, I call 911. 
Now what if the table has wheels and they are sitting on office chairs?  Wouldn't it then be a mobile vendor and subject to said permit?

Why the need to point her out as "white" in the article? Would it have been the same if she was black? Why the need to point out race in the first place?

The SJW is strong with both the article and you. 
It has kind of become an national issue of white poeple using the police to harass blakc people for existing in public places. Seems like white people resent the incivility of being called on their BS. White people be using the cops like the customer service hotline.  

And the downside of bringing cops into common place interactions like this is there is always the threat of severe escalation of a minor deal into a potential threatening situation.   

Last edited by a moderator:
It has kind of become an national issue of white poeple using the police to harass blakc people for existing in public places. Seems like white people resent the incivility of being called on their BS. White people be using the cops like the customer service hotline.  
Like when the white person called police about her chicken mcnuggets right? 

Now what if the table has wheels and they are sitting on office chairs?  Wouldn't it then be a mobile vendor and subject to said permit?
No matter what, I want the kids to at least learn a lesson with a night in the clink. First it’s selling lemonade on the corner and then it’s crack. Lemonade is a gateway product. 

What's really telling is that she's identified in the paper as a "white woman" as if that were a crime. 

Thanks, SJWs. You've now won the identity politics game. We'll see about voting. Maybe we can get Trump again.  
In this news report, the law breaker is black and the law-abiding citizen is white. You’d think that would not be a story where someone would complain about factual reporting on the race of the parties involved being unfair to white people. 

^ lol wow
Sorry but rules are rules. Why have them if we aren’t going to enforce them to the absolute maximum? You know most of these kids aren’t charging sales tax or paying taxes on the income. I say we give them the Capone treatment.

In this news report, the law breaker is black and the law-abiding citizen is white. You’d think that would not be a story where someone would complain about factual reporting on the race of the parties involved being unfair to white people. 
It's loaded, and we know it. Facts are facts, for sure. Facts can also be used in the service of agendas. We know why she was identified as a "white woman." It was a weird way to present facts. It's adjectival. 

It's loaded, and we know it. Facts are facts, for sure. Facts can also be used in the service of agendas. We know why she was identified as a "white woman." It was a weird way to present facts. It's adjectival. 
1) I was being facetious. 

2) I just reread the article and neither the article nor the Twitter post upon which the article is based appears to mention the race of anyone involved. 

3) Perhaps when you are referring to the “paper” and the “article” you are referring to a news report other than the one linked in the thread?  I imagine there very well may be one out there that does identify the race of the participants, but I’m not really inclined to go looking for one so I can be righteously outraged. 

1) I was being facetious. 

2) I just reread the article and neither the article nor the Twitter post upon which the article is based appears to mention the race of anyone involved. 

3) Perhaps when you are referring to the “paper” you are referring to a news report other than the one linked in the thread?
1) Ah, I see. 

2) Possibly not

3) I was referring to the San Francisco paper that reported the story -- It's becoming quite clear I Googled it. Sorry. But I think I took a story that went viral -- see the SNL digital-skit -- and represented what was going on accurately.    

I have no issue with kids selling lemonade, water, iced tea, etc., but I know a handful of people I suspect would call the cops if they saw it in their neighborhood.  Some people are just angry and grumpy.

Screw the guy eating a burrito on BART.  Those cars are cesspools as they are.  They don’t need some idiot dumping his burrito over on a seat. It wouldn’t be cleaned up for a week.

I have no issue with kids selling lemonade, water, iced tea, etc., but I know a handful of people I suspect would call the cops if they saw it in their neighborhood.  Some people are just angry and grumpy.

Screw the guy eating a burrito on BART.  Those cars are cesspools as they are.  They don’t need some idiot dumping his burrito over on a seat. It wouldn’t be cleaned up for a week.
As long as they charging a sales tax, paying income tax on the profits and have the proper permits and food safety certifications, right?

People can be really annoying. Last night we had a fundraiser for our school. My FIL owns a warehouse with a farily large parking lot. There is also a big carnival that had fireworks last night and the parking lot is a perfect place to view them. So we charged $5 a car for anyone that wanted to park. In years past it was free. The business is closed on Sundays so people just would park there, leave beer cans and trash everywhere. When we were charging yesterday, most people were surprised but understood -especially since it was a fundraiser. However, some people were just insufferable about it. One guy demanded proof of ownership. I had the key fab and said if you want I will show you it opens the building. He then said maybe I'm just an employee trying to scam people and he was going to call the cops at which point I said please do because I want you off the property. That was enough to get him to just leave. Another lady got so pissed and instead of paying, she just drove up on the lawn of a business across the street. How rude, jeez. All in all it worked out great and we made about $500. 

Jackstraw said:
It has kind of become an national issue of white people using the police to harass black people for existing in public places. Seems like white people resent the incivility of being called on their BS. White people be using the cops like the customer service hotline.  
A national issue? Proportionally, aren't these one-off weirdo busy-bodies? This is something all self-identified "white people" must own?

Cellphone cameras + social media can make it seem like vanishingly rare scenarios are happening all the time.

Your point is very much taken about the introduction of police too often raising stakes for the worse -- but that's not a question of frequency.

tjnc09 said:
People should also condemn the death and sexual assault threats she is receiving.   
Of course thats overboard but i have no problem with her being outed as an ahole. Something tells me shes been a thorn in a lot of sides over the years. 

Users who are viewing this thread