What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Food Oddities/Specialties (1 Viewer)

nirad3

Footballguy
Joe's all-encompassing food/drink thread got me thinking.  I am a fairly picky eater, I guess.

Example - I eat my cheeseburgers plain 90% of the time.  Meat, cheese, bun.  I will dip said burger in ketchup but I don't like it prepared with ketchup on it.  Makes the bun soggy and too ketchup-y.  If I'm at a sit-down restaurant I will occasionally ask for tomatoes on the burger.

Anyone else have food oddities/specialties they ask for with respect to food?

Apologies if this has been already covered.   :oldunsure:

i prefer ketchup to mustard on a hot dog
If I'm putting anything other than chili and cheese on a dog, it's ketchup.  Can't stand mustard.

I don't like raw tomatoes.  

I can't imagine not cooking with them, however.  Love the flavor, the smell, everything about them, but I just don't like them raw.  
I can do cooked-down onions but raw onions make my stomach turn.

I eat a slice of pizza crust first.
There is no wrong way to eat pizza.  Glorious pizza.

I like grilled onions on my hash browns. Helps me keep down my salt intake since potatoes were always the thing I needed salt on. 

I can't imagine not cooking with them, however.  Love the flavor, the smell, everything about them, but I just don't like them raw.  
I love both cooked and raw onions (raw even better) but put them in my tomato sauce and I will not eat it.

Discovered when all I had was a cheap frozen burrito, some yellow mustard, taco shells, peanut butter, and jelly: Those burritos are better baked, and are pretty good with yellow mustard on top. PB&J tacos are not.

Sometimes I'll put peanut butter on a hot dog.

When I order a sweet potato at a restaurant they always want to put cinnamon and stuff on it, but all I want is olive oil. 

--Hate raw carrots. Cooked carrots are delicious.

--I drink water with just about every meal and typically don't enjoy drinking anything else while I eat even though I might like the drink. The exceptions are orange juice with eggs and milk with breakfast foods that have syrup (pancakes, waffles, etc.). 

--i initially thought the thread title said Foot oddities/specialties and couldn't wait to see what it involved.

Exact opposite.  I love fresh tomatoes with salt at pepper like shuke.  Will have on a burger instead of ketchup.  Love to snack on cherry tomatoes.

But, I will pick out the smallest lump of a cooked down tomato out of my marinara like a 4 year old.  I need it at a smooth puree texture.  I find mushy cooked down tomatoes disgusting.

I hate vinegar. That means no mustard, ketchup, mayo, aioli, vinaigrette, potato salad, pickles, macaroni salad, most fast food "sauces", etc.

I can eat Ranch dressing if it's on the creamier side, which usually means making it at home. Barbecue sauce I can handle when it's on the spicier side and cooked a bit to weaken the vinegar flavor.

Yes I know, I'm weird. People ask me what I put on hot dogs. Chili and cheese. What about burgers, sandwiches, fries? Salsa.

Users who are viewing this thread