What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's your walking around anxiety level? (1 Viewer)

What's your day to day - "normal" - anxiety level on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being the lowest anxie

Votes: 38 15.4%

Votes: 62 25.1%

Votes: 41 16.6%

Votes: 15 6.1%

Votes: 13 5.3%

Votes: 18 7.3%

Votes: 35 14.2%

Votes: 15 6.1%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters
Now is that because you are by nature an introvert, for whom human interaction is a massive internal energy drain? Or are you just a snot, deeming others to be unworthy of your genius? I don't know enough about you to have an opinion on which you are but the first option is certainly an understandable one. My wife called me a "hermit" just Saturday for turning down a very low-keyed social occasion.
People drain the energy from me. When I go to work conferences, I go back to my hotel room during every single break just to re-energize, even if it's for just 5 minutes. I hate small talk. That is what drains me the most. But if you want to talk about something meaningful, I'll talk about it for hours, and it energizes me. People drain me because most of them don't really give a #### about anything they're talking about. 

does weed/psychedelics cause you guys more anxiety?

have you tried?
No/no. 

Yes.

i'm particularly interested in psychedelics, because I feel like the amount of times I've done lsd, shrooms, mdma and peyote have actually helped me cognitively grapple with some internal issues by reframing my perspective. I've read a lot about the current trend of microdosing lsd and I'd definitely be interested in trying it, just wouldn't know where to even start looking.

Job produces D2D anxiety.  Some periods worse than others.

Family produces a different type...Still some D2D (daughter just started driving - fully licensed), then more ‘core’ anxiety (my son has no work ethic - how will he do in life?).

Finances to some extent.

People drain the energy from me. When I go to work conferences, I go back to my hotel room during every single break just to re-energize, even if it's for just 5 minutes. I hate small talk. That is what drains me the most. But if you want to talk about something meaningful, I'll talk about it for hours, and it energizes me. People drain me because most of them don't really give a #### about anything they're talking about. 
so.... what do you do for a living?

anything weather related?

No/no. 

Yes.

i'm particularly interested in psychedelics, because I feel like the amount of times I've done lsd, shrooms, mdma and peyote have actually helped me cognitively grapple with some internal issues by reframing my perspective. I've read a lot about the current trend of microdosing lsd and I'd definitely be interested in trying it, just wouldn't know where to even start looking.
speaking from experience, try shrooms. they're around more than you might imagine. not sure how old you are but a nearby college campus would be a ready source.

First thing in the morning - 1

Whenever a small human inevitably does something to potentially lose an appendage - 8

Coffee - back to a stable 3

Morning at work - starts at that 3, whenever it gets back near that 8 again, go workout

Post workout - 1, and I refuse to let work get it any higher again that day

Get home from work to more potential future amputations - bouncing back and forth between 3 and 10 until they start to go to bed or I go do yard work

My wife is the calmest person in times of turmoil and hardly ever gets rattled...she assesses  and deals with situations instead of going all haywire. Over the years it has rubbed off on me.  During the worst things that have happened she always says "Don`t worry baby things will work out and be OK"

Having your wife be that way really lowers the anxiety level.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife is the calmest person in times of turmoil and hardly ever gets rattled...she assesses  and deals with situations instead of going all haywire. Over the years it has rubbed off on me.  During the worst things that have happened she always says "Don`t worry baby things will work out and OK"

having a companion/someone in your life that's a steadying presence is big

they have to have a strong enough personality to not get sucked in to the void or frustrated with their partners anxiety. no small task.

My wife is the calmest person in times of turmoil and hardly ever gets rattled...she assesses  and deals with situations instead of going all haywire. Over the years it has rubbed off on me.  During the worst things that have happened she always says "Don`t worry baby things will work out and be OK"
This sounds like you married a unicorn.

My wife has transformed into something similar.  She saw how exercise impacted my moods and has started to use it as a stabilizer as well.  Nothing will cure her irritability when she's cleaning the house, but not much else gets to her anymore.  And it really irritates her brothers.

C'mon!  Why aren't you mad?!? MAC, what'd you do to her!

I have tons more anxiety when I have to go somewhere with my wife.

The reason being is - I'm a if your not 15 minutes early you are late person

And she is a 5-10 minutes late is no big deal person.  If she has 5 hours to get ready to leave she will take 5hours and 10 minutes.   It is really unbelievable

Then I get stressed and pissed off.

Its probably really the only thing we "fight" about now

WRT the poll:  I don't even know how to vote with any kind of accuracy/honesty since I have no idea what a "ten" or a "one" would feel like.  Different for everyone, I suppose.  Maybe I'm at a 10 constantly and don't know any better?  Or maybe I'm at a 2 and don't realize how good I've got it?

"I frequently feel stressed" was my initial reaction, but have no idea if that makes it a 1, a 6, or a 12.

If she has 5 hours to get ready to leave she will take 5hours and 10 minutes.   It is really unbelievable
Mine is guilty of this same tactic and it makes me want to absolutely chew, then expectorate roofing nails.

The only thing that sets my anxiety off is work. Wait! The offspring ( band and my son... god I hate that band ), that can set me off too. and fantasy baseball and traffic when I'm driving. And when I'm not driving? The people on the train when I'm taking mass transit to or from work and don't get me started on the delays on mass transit.

forgot about the dentist. easily a 53 on a 1-10 scale.

none of them believe me when i tell them that i had a dentist "overfill" a cavity, which crushed the nerve and caused me amazing pain for weeks. they all think i'm full of #### as i lay there, squirming, sweating through the chair and begging for them to just stop.

forgot about the dentist. easily a 53 on a 1-10 scale.

none of them believe me when i tell them that i had a dentist "overfill" a cavity, which crushed the nerve and caused me amazing pain for weeks. they all think i'm full of #### as i lay there, squirming, sweating through the chair and begging for them to just stop.
The oral surgeon, when removing my wisdom teeth, left a chip of a tooth in the socket and didn't realize it. This was done on a Friday afternoon. By the time the healing had really started, it was Saturday afternoon and he wasn't going to be back in until Monday. 

I was left to suffer

The pain was agonizing and as the time passed the pressure that built up from it being in there screwed up my equilibrium because that pressure was impacting my ear canal. It got to the point that I couldn't stand up. Mom and Dad had to basically carry me Kellen Winslow style to the car and then into the surgeon's office. 

The guy x-rays me and 'Oh! here's the problem! What do you say we get that removed?' 

The oral surgeon, when removing my wisdom teeth, left a chip of a tooth in the socket and didn't realize it. This was done on a Friday afternoon. By the time the healing had really started, it was Saturday afternoon and he wasn't going to be back in until Monday. 

I was left to suffer

The pain was agonizing and as the time passed the pressure that built up from it being in there screwed up my equilibrium because that pressure was impacting my ear canal. It got to the point that I couldn't stand up. Mom and Dad had to basically carry me Kellen Winslow style to the car and then into the surgeon's office. 

The guy x-rays me and 'Oh! here's the problem! What do you say we get that removed?' 
i had to stop reading this about halfway through

Alone possibly 1 or 2

At work probably 3

At home with kids 7

Out doing stuff with kids (water park, hiking, etc) 3

I don't do home life with 5 kids well. But when we're out, all is good.
Because when you're out, the kids are now the problem of the restaurant, water park, department store staff?

Because when you're out, the kids are now the problem of the restaurant, water park, department store staff?
Why else would we pay admission? :rolleyes:

It's almost entirely my ADHD kicking in at home that leads me to be antsy. When we're out my mindset changes and we're doing something active.

Anxiety... I don't have much anxiety over my own life, it is what it is, but I have anxiety about loved ones suffering. 

Cannabis is a great pain reliever and great for anxiety too. Everyone I know who is in pain from cancer uses it and feel so much better.

If you have anxiety there is some amount of depression too. These two go hand in hand and should be treated as such.

Best wishes to all. 

It's a bell curve but when we go out and do something different our kids are usually better behaved until fatigue sets in as we head down the back end. Key is early identification so you get them in the car and pass out before the most tired one melts down. 

Contributing to the thread in a meaningful way, I'd say my anxiety level is actually pretty high. 6 or 7, really. I have elderly parents and a host of issues to be dealt with within the next five or so years. It's a bit daunting, actually.  

If I know college kids, there's no one they like and trust more for illicit drug sales than 50 year old random unknown creepy nerds.  
:yes: that was my thought, exactly. Except, i'm not creepy, you ####er.

shrooms are my least favorite psychedelic, too. I could get my hands on some extracted chocolates, but I'd be more interested in high-grade pharmaceutical lsd for micro-dosing, not tripping like I'm going to a Dead show.

:yes: that was my thought, exactly. Except, i'm not creepy, you ####er.

shrooms are my least favorite psychedelic, too. I could get my hands on some extracted chocolates, but I'd be more interested in high-grade pharmaceutical lsd for micro-dosing, not tripping like I'm going to a Dead show.
You had me at high grade pharmaceutical lsd.

When home and at work very low. You put me in a club/bar type environment or make me travel via airplane, I'm somewhere in between Adrian Monk and Dwight Schrute.

I have a ton of anxiety... which sucks.  Social anxiety for the most part.  Anxiety/fear of failing in anything.

Under the most pressure (anxiety), I seem to perform best... which is great.

The combination has made for an unlikely but successful career in sales.

I have a ton of anxiety... which sucks.  Social anxiety for the most part.  Anxiety/fear of failing in anything.

Under the most pressure (anxiety), I seem to perform best... which is great.

The combination has made for an unlikely but successful career in sales.
Just curious, did you knowingly choose sales because of your social anxiety? Or did you just kind of end up in sales, and make the best of it?

Just curious, did you knowingly choose sales because of your social anxiety? Or did you just kind of end up in sales, and make the best of it?
I got a degree in MIS, got what was supposed to be the dream job out of college back then with Dell.  5 months in I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I sure as hell knew that wasn't it.

Buddy was selling wine for Gallo and got me in.  I've been told many times that my superiors or hiring managers "weren't sure why" I was doing well, or why they wanted to hire me, or why they were promoting me.  I don't fit the mold.

I honestly think I do well in sales because over time people realize i'm not your typical "salesman".. I'm kind of quiet and listen well.  I don't light up a room but I earn lasting trust and relationships.  I learn my business and customers, I'm patient.  People come to me.  Sooner or later it works out in my favor.  :shrug:

Don't get me wrong.. I put on a good face.  I'm not a downer.  I smile and laugh and listen.

I've tried a bunch of meds.. hated them all.

Don't take any.

eta - Working out, sports, reading, videogames all do wonders for me.

Users who are viewing this thread