What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's your walking around anxiety level? (1 Viewer)

What's your day to day - "normal" - anxiety level on a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being the lowest anxie

Votes: 38 15.4%

Votes: 62 25.1%

Votes: 41 16.6%

Votes: 15 6.1%

Votes: 13 5.3%

Votes: 18 7.3%

Votes: 35 14.2%

Votes: 15 6.1%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters
It did get to you.   You've quoted this post three times now because you know it's all true. 

I've posted about my mom 3-4 times over the years here.  I've moved out when I was 17 1/2. Right after she yanked the telephone off the wall one halloween and dented my dads forehead with it.  Decided right then I would not engage with her for five years after ten years of dealing with that #### so I could get myself through college and give her time to get help because I finally realized I could not help her. Worst and best decision I ever made.

Went to school FT, worked FT. Decided I would never drink the way she did, her mom did, her dad did, her brother did, and her sister did.  Wanted no part of that life.   You refuse to make that choice. You just choose to repeat all the behaviors you never asked for, but were passed down to you by alcoholism. WTF up.

It did get to me for a moment.

Then I realized that anyone that had the same experiences wouldn’t be so obtuse .

It did get to you.   You've quoted this post three times now because you know it's all true. 

I've posted about my mom 3-4 times over the years here.  I've moved out when I was 17 1/2. Right after she yanked the telephone off the wall one halloween and dented my dads forehead with it.  Decided right then I would not engage with her for five years after ten years of dealing with that #### so I could get myself through college and give her time to get help because I finally realized I could not help her. Worst and best decision I ever made.

Went to school FT, worked FT. Decided I would never drink the way she did, her mom did, her dad did, her brother did, and her sister did.  Wanted no part of that life.   You refuse to make that choice. You just choose to repeat all the behaviors you never asked for, but were passed down to you by alcoholism. WTF up.

None of that is close to what I went through.

No, haven't. Greatest lament of my time on earth. Was in between wars, but probably could have served voluntarily in '01 -- given the need for it. Those that "served" deserve my utmost respect. 
I didn't either. Born in '59, I'm one of the few that missed it.   My dad was in WWII. My Bro in law served in Iraq.   I've always had an incredible amount of respect for those that do and have served.

None of that is close to what I went through.
Oh you certainly exhibit all the behaviors of someone coming from an alcoholic just about everyday here. You'll learn about that the day you decide to really get help.  It's pretty awesome when they rarely surface after spending five years working on them. I hope you can experience that some day.

Oh you certainly exhibit all the behaviors of someone coming from an alcoholic just about everyday here. You'll learn about that the day you decide to really get help.  It's pretty awesome when they rarely surface after spending five years working on them. I hope you can experience that some day.

That’s just on the surface.

There is a lot more that you or anyone else could imagine dealing with on a daily basis. I hate to make this a pissing contest but it’s not even close.

I’m not going to pity you because you were born with physical limitations. I was born with a lot more on my plate.

I wouldn’t probably trade crutches for peace of mind any day

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not going to pity you because you were born with physical limitations. I was born with a lot more on my plate.

I wouldn’t probably trade crutches for peace of mind any day
I don't ever see you trading in your victim crutches. You don't want to put in the work. To easy to hide behind them and blame your parents.  That's why you're not fat. You don't want to break them.

Open all the escargot you like but you clearly are no better than anyone else.
It's obvious that you have strong feelings about some kind of an issue here but a pretty interesting topic in general has now been totally derailed solely because you need to make the thread about something else. Could you move along and start your own thread?

sorry partner.

stress can lead to anxiety.  do you mind talking about how your anxiety is related to depression?  typically depression flattens affect versus heightening it.
I don't mind. It's just hard for me explain, and I've never talked to a psych doctor, only my GP

I spent years in a pretty manic state with huge mood swings and some pretty reckless behavior. Never knowing how i would feel day to day is most likely what brought on the anxiety, I happened to be in a pretty low time when I went in for a scheduled yearly physical. The doctor asked how I was feeling, and I just let loose and spilled the beans. 

He put me on high blood pressure meds and paxil.   Two weeks later I started having major panic attacks* that led to a week long stay in the hospital looking for heart problems. Everything came back okay, they sorted out my meds, and I've been pretty stable since then. I still have my moments of severe agitation but i have an emergency supply of lorazpam for when I feel that coming on.  

I found out after my hospital stay that mental problems run wild on my mothers side of the family. 

* Panic Attacks

I'm not sure if I suffer from what is described as panic attacks,  What I feel is a huge rush or surge of adrenaline  through my body.  If you've ever done coke. its like that first rush that starts in your chest then spreads out head to toe and limb to limb. 

thank you for sharing and i am sorry you were/are going through it.  i may be paraphrasing, but was your anxiety anticipatory of not knowing how your mood would be the next day? manic state created the agitation, then anxiety would set in? 

when depressed, many people are lethargic/apathetic and do not have the emotional energy to allow themselves to be anxious.

I have a ton of anxiety... which sucks.  Social anxiety for the most part.  Anxiety/fear of failing in anything.

Under the most pressure (anxiety), I seem to perform best... which is great.

The combination has made for an unlikely but successful career in sales.
Yeah, sales here. There’s always a contract I could be prepping or someone I’m afraid is falling through the cracks. 

I have no idea if this is common or not, but I was about a 9 as a kid and I’m about a 2 as an adult. 
That's the drill. You're doing it right. Anxiety is the product of powerlessness, so much so that the best description of EVIL itself is "the attempt to transform the terrible passivity & helplessness of suffering into activity". A youth affects no one, everything affects him. Pimples, fear, pain, judgement, man.

Adulthood is power, the power to fully use a pretty remarkable instrument. Those who use their instrument to provide, for themselves and their worlds, soundly & regularly defeat anxiety AND the memorry of those old anxieties. Those who use their instrument to prove, to show the world up for how anxious they were made as a kid, create a flow chart of anxiety which never leaves them. I know, for much of the initial help i end up giving those i counsel shows them options to trying to cram that toothpaste back in the tube and it is voluminous.

You are healthy. The human instrument is designed to be healthy, if not fallen prey to the violences of developmental grudging & excuse creation. Goodonya for being the exception to the rule these days. Stay true & live well.-

Oh cool, this became another episode of RnR plays the victim  :cry:  

We just spent the last couple days at St. Jude's in Memphis. All of the staff is friendly, most of the patients and parents appear in good spirits. If they aren't letting life get them down there really isn't much of an excuse for anyone else. Maybe it's a mental issue.

Awesome to see others making improvements and owning their future. :thumbup:

I have PTSD related to combat, diagnosed and confirmed. 

I fear no man but crowds, like big crowds, now bother me. It’s the sounds and sudden movements, football games are the worst. Concerts not good either because it’s so loud, I get distracted. 
Hell, I don't have PTSD and the older I get the less I like crowds. Can't imagine what it's like for you.

He didn’t fight for his country. He fought for himself because he thought he had something to prove. Now he thinks he can live the rest of his life as a victim because he commited atrocities against others.

Lets not be dense about it. 
It's a good thing you're sitting in front of a computer screen, guy.

After that display, if he's ever allowed to post here again, Joe should just stop having the place moderated. 
People are still surprised at his outbursts and that Joe allows it to keep happening? The username changes, but the pattern remains the same.

At a minimum, his posts should be removed from this helpful and interesting thread. 

meditate, meditate, meditate

taking in the good (see Dr. Rick Hansen)

There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.  Your genes can be expressed in different ways.  Neurons that fire together wire together.  
If I answered OP’s question before I started meditating, I probably would have said that my anxiety level was a 1-2. On the surface, I come across as a pretty relaxed individual. 

After I started meditating though, I started to become much more self aware. I realized that I was prone to run away, push aside or ignore all things that brought me discomfort.  Upon further introspection, the reality is that my anxiety level is closer to a 3-4. 

Still not bad but this now presents new challenges. Facing my fears, learning to be more assertive, finding comfort in being uncomfortable. Maybe my ignorance was bliss but rewiring that which has been hardcoded for so long is very rewarding. 

People are still surprised at his outbursts and that Joe allows it to keep happening? The username changes, but the pattern remains the same.

At a minimum, his posts should be removed from this helpful and interesting thread. 
 Sad thing is, it’s actually been cleaned up some since Friday morning. Enough was left to show what kind of filth he is, but it was even worse. 

This summer i am at about an 8 every day. I am absolutely terrified of yellow jackets and i seem to get more scared of them every year. We lost several ash trees to the emerald ash borer and this has caused our yard to be a haven for the little devils since they can easily get access to sawdust that they use to expand their nests. 

I have developed an amazingly effective way of killing them. #######s. 

At the current time I gave myself a 10.

-Losing my job in Sept

-Wife having surgery in a few weeks

-Trying to get the house ready to sell

- Battling stomach issues

:oldunsure:

This summer i am at about an 8 every day. I am absolutely terrified of yellow jackets and i seem to get more scared of them every year. We lost several ash trees to the emerald ash borer and this has caused our yard to be a haven for the little devils since they can easily get access to sawdust that they use to expand their nests. 

I have developed an amazingly effective way of killing them. #######s. 
Do you mind sharing your method?

Users who are viewing this thread