What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Having said that" (1 Viewer)

Having said that I think there is whole thread on phrases that must go. Having said that, not sure this phrase is worthy of its own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kill off its stupid little brother "That said..." too.  With fire. Or a hammer.  

Move it to the pet peeve forum guy 
Since we're on the subject of pet peeves, how about posters who go into a thread to complain about it. Especially in the Free for all forum. Just move on instead, or go call the cops on some loiterers at the gas station or something.

And I didn't see a pet peeve forum. 

Since we're on the subject of pet peeves, how about posters who go into a thread to complain about it. Especially in the Free for all forum. Just move on instead, or go call the cops on some loiterers at the gas station or something.

About the free part.....

I'd say this:  At the end of the day, all things being equal, using 'having said that' vis-a-vis getting granular while thinking outside the box, there has been a real paradigm shift towards 360 degree thinking that really has legs and totally moves the needle.  Suggest we take this offline to vet further and leverage our assets before pushing the envelope. 

It's right here

"I'd say this:  At the end of the day, all things being equal, using 'having said that' vis-a-vis getting granular while thinking outside the box, there has been a real paradigm shift towards 360 degree thinking that really has legs and totally moves the needle.  Suggest we take this offline to vet further and leverage our assets before pushing the envelope. 
For the most part, I agree. But if we could drill down re: granularity, i really think i think we can move the ball forward for the guys in prod. My ask would be a 3-point plan, just a view from 30,000 ft., but would be willing to take it offline.

I'd say this:  At the end of the day, all things being equal, using 'having said that' vis-a-vis getting granular while thinking outside the box, there has been a real paradigm shift towards 360 degree thinking that really has legs and totally moves the needle.  Suggest we take this offline to vet further and leverage our assets before pushing the envelope. 
that's some bit of efforting there. hope it brings about a sea change. 

I'll circle back.

For the most part, I agree. But if we could drill down re: granularity, i really think i think we can move the ball forward for the guys in prod. My ask would be a 3-point plan, just a view from 30,000 ft., but would be willing to take it offline.
Well honestly I don't really have a plan. That's the whole reason I started this thread, sort of a brain storming session. But all I'm getting out of it is mockery.

Wikepedia

Irregardless:

Irregardless is a word sometimes used in place of regardless or irrespective which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795. Most dictionaries list it as nonstandard or incorrect usage, and recommend that "regardless" be used instead.

I didn’t come up with this but...

No matter where you work, no matter what the meeting is about, 95% of the time if you say “It’s all about finding balance” everybody will agree.

It’s one of those meaningless phrases that  is just used to fill in a statement and waste time.

It’s “ um” stretched out a few more syllables.

I had a meeting last week and every other sentence was some form of buzzphrase like this. It doesn't really bother me, I just find it interesting. 

Users who are viewing this thread