What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Workday lunchin' (1 Viewer)

Where do you eat lunch on workdays?

• Bring my lunch, eat at desk while working

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Bring my lunch, eat in conference room or outside or somewhere in/at office

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Drive-through fast-food and then eat at desk while working

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Drive-through fast-food and then eat in conference room or outside or somewhere in/at office

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Eat at a restaurant, be it fast food or sit-down (look at me!)

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Lunch? What's that?

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters

nirad3

Footballguy
I've been working in an office environment since college.  I almost always go out.  Yeah, it can get expensive but I absolutely need the hour away from my desk and my co-workers.  I buy USA Today's Sports Weekly and read a couple of sections per day.  Usually play a few rounds of Words With Friends, check Facebook and text folks.  Every so often I'll meet an old work buddy for lunch.

What say you?

Probably 50/50 between shoveling something in my mouth at my office desk or taking that mental break and going out for a nice lunch. 

I used to go out pretty often, but last few years pretty much just eat at my desk and play Star Wars 

will occasionally go eat with a coworker at our cafeteria and go out even less often

last job me and my boss would cut out at like 12:30-1:00 on fridays and throw a few back.  I miss that part

Mostly eat at my desk while working.  Hang out at park nearby before or after.  I rarely go out for lunch.  I’m eating a lot of raw veggie salads these days and better for it.

I usually bring my lunch but sometimes I get fast food or order Indian. 

I eat at my desk. Most of the time, I am working, the rest of the time on FBG reading about various stuff. 

Try and get some exercise at lunch to fight the expanding gut. Bring lunch or pick something up, work at desk while eating.

Go out with friends maybe once every couple weeks.

Usually bring my lunch and eat the cafeteria with a friend.  I buy a paper and we do the Jumble, Sudoku and Crossword puzzle, talk sports and the ridiculousness of our office.

I live a ~5 min drive or 15 minute walk from work. I go home and scramble eggs + some kind of protein basically every day.

This is different for me. Recently took a new job and we have 5 in my department. Regardless if we pack or get food from the cafe, we all eat together in the cafe. And we take hour and half lunches, but as long as the boss is there who cares I guess. It's almost taboo when one of us goes out for lunch to meet a friend. 

This is different for me. Recently took a new job and we have 5 in my department. Regardless if we pack or get food from the cafe, we all eat together in the cafe. And we take hour and half lunches, but as long as the boss is there who cares I guess. It's almost taboo when one of us goes out for lunch to meet a friend. 
This is my nightmare. And I generally like the people on my team.

There are 4 of us that go out everyday. 

I used to do the gym thing then lunch at my desk

My wife does get on me about spending too much money on food and she is right ...

But I dont like packing :shrug:

90% of the time pack a lunch, will go out or order in on occasion with others. Usually walk for the 30 mins and then eat at my desk while working after the walk.

Always get away from the desk for lunch.  Whem I'm doing well, I will bring a lunch most of the time.  However, I'm on a bad streak and get something from the caeteria most days.  I try to bring leftovers from home when we have something good, but when I'm not doing it everyday I don't remember in the morning as much.

I spend my lunch catching up on the Netflix thread.

I bring in and usually eat at my desk, but read the newspaper while eating. I may head up to my building's rooftop if the weather is nice, but there is a limited seasonal window here where the weather is neither too cold nor oppressively hot.

The reason I even thought to post this is because of the 12ish people that I work with, I am the only one that goes out to lunch.  A handful of my co-workers are hourly so they tend to eat at their desks or in the conference room.  But the other salaried folks don't go out either.  Weird, to me at least.  I absolutely need the time away.

At my last job I had "work buddies" so we'd go out to lunch at least a couple times a week.  Don't have that anymore, kinda sucks.  

With a coworker at the in-house cafeteria most days.  Occasionally at my desk if one of us has a conflict.

One day a week I have lunch with my wife at a local restaurant

Wow lots of cafeteria action here.  Never worked at a place with one.  One job had a fairly big lunchroom with vending machines that you could conceivably get lunch from but only as a last resort :lol:   

I have hit a point where I'm going to the same places, at least in theory.

Monday - Carl's ($5 boxes are awesome)

Tuesday - Taco Tuesday at Del Taco

And then it's "Weinerschnitzel Wednesday" (yes I'm getting fat)

Thursday - open, yesterday went to Jack in the Box

Friday - usually Taco Bell.. want to go cheap since I typically spend $30ish on beers Friday nights

I'm turning 45 next month and will likely make a huge change in my diet.  At least that's the plan.   :oldunsure:

Try to bring my lunch most days.  Dont really have a conference room or kitchen (Fridge and microwave in shop is all) so I eat at my desk.  I do go pick up food now and again and bring it back to my desk at lunch.  Its where the internet access is....

I do have a lot of freedom so being avail as needed at lunch doesnt bother me.  

Users who are viewing this thread