What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you handle this situation? (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
So I have a co worker (We work in retail for a major grocery store) who has been dating a guy for over a year many of us friends with her have tried to help her out over the yrs. Lost her mom do to alcohol poisoning and other things, dad doesn't do much for her and mocks her, older brother married, lived with her Grandma who paid for everything now her aunt and Uncle live in her Grandmothers house to take care of her. She was in special ed classes in school and is very gullible and attached to people. I work with the boyfriend's friend from school (They both used to get high together but she got clean). When I say high I mean hard drugs like herion and such. We all told her the guy was bad news but she didn't listen. After 2 months I noticed him coming to work high but no one said anything in case we were wrong as his department manager didn't work with him often. A guy who worked with him now in Meat dept was friendly with him nothing more. My Cworker was so attached to him it annoyed him as she would bother him during shifts and finally got in trouble for hanging around him. She also cursed in front of customers to a department manager she was written up for and was on thin ice almost fired. Theres been a few arguments between my co worker and boyfriend which has resulted in her hitting him at work. My buddy who worked with him in deli now in meat use to lie to her about if he thought BF was using because he had a ton of work to do and didn't have time for her drama. Anyway he no called no showed 3 days in a row. Found out he was picked up with heroine. Had to go to rehab was fired. Anyway my buddy in Meat found out his name was being used by the BF as an excuse to go out and get high. He was mad as he has a wife and child. The Boyfriend he found out apparently "accidentally" spent my co worker's tax return. I also heard but not confirmed that he spent her inheritance she received from her grandmother already. He was also hanging out with my co worker who use to go to school with him behind his Girlfriends back (She has jealously issues). My buddy in meat thinks there was more going on between the Boyfriend and the girl who works with me as they always went on break together for long periods among other things. He texted the BF saying he was a scumbag and real men don't blame other men for their problems. He then sent the text blocked his number and deleted it out of his phone. my co worker now blames my buddy for her boyfriend getting high and texted him how he was terrible person for letting him get high and how she was going to tell his wife. my buddy said he texted her back saying go ahead my wife is next to me laughing at you and that he had to hold her from going up to his work from killing her for what she said. The BF was getting high well before my buddy was working there. Anyway I told my co worker something yesterday and now she says I'm a liar (I guess she told her bf who lied to her and she believe him over us). 

I don't want to be involved honestly but I'm at the point if she tries too I'll make her life very hard there. Her BF hasn't seen a judge yet and probably on probation and I actually know cops in the area he was arrested that if he even threatens me I could make sure he's in a nice cell for a very long time. I haven't told the girl who works with me what my co worker told me about her because honestly I'm afraid for my co workers safety. She's this little petite girl who thinks her sh** don't stink but she's never been in any situations where girls are way tougher and bigger then her. Everyone at work is sick and tired of the situation, she blames anyone who doesn't like him for the issues he has and frankly has lost friends who have tried to help her over the yrs over this. Obviously don't want to see anyone physically harmed. My store director doesn't like getting involved in these things either but I had another co worker blow up on her about this whole situation. Quite honestly this girl is lucky she has a job right now and I know she's lied to her aunt and uncle about the whole thing. Her aunt has come up to us saying stuff to people just being friendly about the BF and we try to play dumb like we don't know anything. Do I say something to her aunt? Do I confront my co worker and tell her don't involved me in this or just tell her everything I know about her scumbag cheating drug addict BF who just uses her? Or do I just ignore the situation? I like my job and what I do because I'm usually away from all this BS but the fact it's now bled into my department I feel something should be done. Maybe I go to my store director sand tell him she's taking out her BFs firing on everyone and maybe he'd do something about it that way. 

Years ago I started reading Atlas Shrugged. Quickly decided I might be better off with a audio version on CDs. That was definitely the right decision. 

Wait so the BF Grandmother's Uncle is taking care of the GF's department manager's friend who spent his tax return on accident and is locked up for drugs leaving a toxic environment in the meat market department of the grocery store you work at, but not in the meat market?

I think I nailed it right?

Yea, I tried to follow that in a half asleep haze... my advice is to not start a land war in Asia, if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is and don't do drugs and get involved in other people's business. HTH

Long Ball Larry said:
you work for Giant?  Acme?
I work for ACME. I work beer and Wine. It's awesome job. Beer Vendors give us free samples and when they come in for beer or wine samples we are allowed a small like Dixie cup amount to help sell the product. The hours could be more favorable but it's finally a job I can take seriously and proud to say I do. I don't work past  8 at night and we close the department at 10 per PA laws on Alcohol sales. My biggest issue though is we don't have a lot of help especially weekends so taking off can be tricky but my boss allows me a great schedule. She gave me off every Sunday the Eagles played and if I did work I usually worked where I could be home in time for the game or missed only 5 mins which only happened once. 

Cold Dead Hands said:
Wal-Mart should be able to transfer you to a different store. 
I don't work for that ##### company. I work at a store who far better treats their employees that has an actual union. A co worker of mine left there do to them not following up on a Sexual harassment claim she was involved in with 3 other women. The Store Director I believe was in on the cover up as it was against another manager who he happened to be good friends with. The suit was taken care of recently the court reward the victims a sum of 1K each which I have no idea how they got that number and far less then what they should've been owed. The manager also kept his job and wasn't even transferred. Walmart also hires a ton of illegals. 5 of their co workers were let go because they were some of the highest paid part timers and they said they had to cut back and it was job performance related (All 5 of them had outstanding job performances). Within a week 5 new people replaced them with 3 illegals working under minimum wage.  

Angry Beavers said:
Yea, I tried to follow that in a half asleep haze... my advice is to not start a land war in Asia, if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is and don't do drugs and get involved in other people's business. HTH
I had no intention too. It's a little hard when they come up to me as well as trying to accuse people I consider friends. I'm going to defend my friends. 

Bucky86 said:
Go with the third option.
3rd is what I've tried to do. I had gotten injured on the job had a pallet jack wheel roll over my foot fractured a toe but could still work sitting down and checking people out in my department. Only had like 3-4 days but most of the big things happened the week I went out of work. It was do to faulty equipment though. However I consider the guy in meat a close friend of mine. His wife is friends with peopleI went to school with which is how I knew him before working there. I'll do my best to ignore it but if I somehow get brought into it or things go any further where I need to step in and defend my friend I can't guarantee anyone I will hold back and ignore it. The only thing I was my name associate with the whole thing is I'm totally against my co worker and this drug addict being together and I think it's pretty messed up for her to be believing him and blaming everyone else for him being a complete piece of trash. 

Galileo said:
I've known a few people over the years who have worked in grocery stores, and there always seems to be drama.
More then you can imagine. I have one co worker who's a psycho. Tried hitting on me in HS only because she needed attention (Yeah it'd sound cool saying I banged some older women but the girl craziness wasn't worth it or losing a job over), she acts like a middle school girl who needs attention. if you don't say hi to her for a week she asks if she did something wrong or still like her. She was caught cheating on her husband with a former Co worker (Not there at the time of it though) who she use to babysit and he was finance's with a really good friend of mine. She found out a few weeks before they were suppose to be married. And a bunch of other things

Another girl my age has issue up the wazoo. Been hospitalized (The ones with padded walls), where she met her husband who's hispanic and recently went blind who she calls racial slurs behind his back. She could lay off the buffet table for awhile, if she doesn't get her way she tries lawyering up. And she's one of those who cheats the government welfare and health system. 

I could tell you so many drama stories just from my store alone. I just met a parent who's son works my old job at the store but did similar things to me at his store. The stuff she told me I went through similar to him. I don't know what it is but retail has some of the biggest drama ever. It's why I laugh at people who think we have it easy in retail. My buddy who I've talked about on here deals with Phones all day but he doesn't have anywhere near the drama I do. Works in a store with 3 other people that he manages and makes his own hrs. Thinks I have it easy. He'd quite by Wednesday if he had to work my job especially my old one for the week or even had to check. The customers are sometimes just as bad. It is rewarding and cool when you develop some relationships with the better customers.I've had some come in with gifts for the holidays for myself and others. A few of the customers are parens of friends of mine as well as parents of kids who I hardly did anything with but knew their kid by association or whatever.  My one customer told me he's buying up one of the local bars in the next year or so. Bar is an Irish Pub but has gone down hill. He was in there one day some business guy from NYC came in and offered big money for it. Told the guy it wasn't for sale or wanted to sell locally just to get the guy out of there. So my customer turned to him and said he'd buy it off of him. The guy buying it has money and is retired. With my ramp training I might end up going to work for him as a second job possible. 

More then you can imagine. I have one co worker who's a psycho. Tried hitting on me in HS only because she needed attention (Yeah it'd sound cool saying I banged some older women but the girl craziness wasn't worth it or losing a job over), she acts like a middle school girl who needs attention. if you don't say hi to her for a week she asks if she did something wrong or still like her. She was caught cheating on her husband with a former Co worker (Not there at the time of it though) who she use to babysit and he was finance's with a really good friend of mine. She found out a few weeks before they were suppose to be married. And a bunch of other things

Another girl my age has issue up the wazoo. Been hospitalized (The ones with padded walls), where she met her husband who's hispanic and recently went blind who she calls racial slurs behind his back. She could lay off the buffet table for awhile, if she doesn't get her way she tries lawyering up. And she's one of those who cheats the government welfare and health system. 

I could tell you so many drama stories just from my store alone. I just met a parent who's son works my old job at the store but did similar things to me at his store. The stuff she told me I went through similar to him. I don't know what it is but retail has some of the biggest drama ever. It's why I laugh at people who think we have it easy in retail. My buddy who I've talked about on here deals with Phones all day but he doesn't have anywhere near the drama I do. Works in a store with 3 other people that he manages and makes his own hrs. Thinks I have it easy. He'd quite by Wednesday if he had to work my job especially my old one for the week or even had to check. The customers are sometimes just as bad. It is rewarding and cool when you develop some relationships with the better customers.I've had some come in with gifts for the holidays for myself and others. A few of the customers are parens of friends of mine as well as parents of kids who I hardly did anything with but knew their kid by association or whatever.  My one customer told me he's buying up one of the local bars in the next year or so. Bar is an Irish Pub but has gone down hill. He was in there one day some business guy from NYC came in and offered big money for it. Told the guy it wasn't for sale or wanted to sell locally just to get the guy out of there. So my customer turned to him and said he'd buy it off of him. The guy buying it has money and is retired. With my ramp training I might end up going to work for him as a second job possible. 
I'm consider changing my screen name here to the bolded.

The schtick where you try to make us guess the over/under on a GED has been done before.  And done better.

Maybe I go to my store director sand tell him she's taking out her BFs firing on everyone and maybe he'd do something about it that way. 
Worth a shot, but it seems the store director isn't wanting to get involved as it is, so I wouldn't expect much of a result there. 

These are your best options:

A)

Do I confront my co worker and tell her don't involved me in this
B)

Or do I just ignore the situation?
C)

Both A) and B)

Nathan R. Jessep said:
Worth a shot, but it seems the store director isn't wanting to get involved as it is, so I wouldn't expect much of a result there. 

These are your best options:

A)

B)

C)

Both A) and B)
Yeah those seem like the two I want to do. We're all hoping at this point she says something inappropriate to someone again in front of customers so she gets fired. She gave our back up meat manager (Who's an a** hole but was with in his right and people backed him up) attitude and cursed and used some pretty bad language not just F bombs but stuff I won't repeat that was overheard by customers. She was suspended without pay for a week with a warning I guess if it happens again she's gone. Her Aunt who I'm friendly with talked to me after the incident and I told her I told her niece not to be doing what she did because one of these days something will happen we can't defend her. Her aunt flat out told me she loses this job she's out of the house and trust me this girl cannot live on her own. 

Otis said:
TLDR are you a stock boy?
No I work with Beer and Wine. I'm not really part of that side of things. I do ordering plus taking in deliveries as well as putting wine up in a sense since I'm certified to handle it. 

Users who are viewing this thread