What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portland (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that was kind of my take on it to Joe.  Podnah's is fine and I like it, but it doesn't stack up to the BBQ down south and Joe is from BBQ country.  There are so many good restaurants out here that are unique but BBQ isn't Portland's best offering.  

Our beers, though....
I completely agree with this. BBQ and Chinese are not Portland's strong points (But I think Podnah's is still pretty damn good). The rest though...you are in one of the top 3 foodie towns in the country, enjoy. There's more amazing Thai in the eastside than you can shake a stick at. I'd recommend Paadee and Pok Pok. If you're looking for an amazing sandwich for lunch fair, look no further than Lardo.

I completely agree with this. BBQ and Chinese are not Portland's strong points (But I think Podnah's is still pretty damn good). The rest though...you are in one of the top 3 foodie towns in the country, enjoy. There's more amazing Thai in the eastside than you can shake a stick at. I'd recommend Paadee and Pok Pok. If you're looking for an amazing sandwich for lunch fair, look no further than Lardo.
I've been in the Portland area for 22 years now and it has really evolved into a tremendous foodie spot.  I'm out in Beaverton which was forever a cultural wasteland for food.  That's changing, thankfully.  The mundane chains are being replaced by much better options.  Took my dad to Bargarten last night and it was really good.  The Beaverton Food Cartel is awesome too with a ton of great food carts to choose from.  Terrific beer garden with tons of craft options.  

Still not the east side and never will be, but it's nice that Beaverton is finally getting some foodie love.

Love Lardo. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me wonder... if @Joe Bryant came to Detroit, would he look me up?  I know @General Malaise doesn't when he's in town, so probably not :kicksrock:  
Hey now, you were in Portland not too long ago and I don't seem to recall my phone ringing!  ;)

Detroit is so darn spread out that I always feel like getting over to see anybody requires packing a lunch and filling up with gas before I depart.  Portland is small and easy to get around.  Plus, my family is out of town this week so I'm footloose and fancy free!

Redeye to Detroit tonight.  Let me know where we're meeting up.

Makes me wonder... if @Joe Bryant came to Detroit, would he look me up?  I know @General Malaise doesn't when he's in town, so probably not :kicksrock:  
Highly doubt I'd get the call either even though I've done Joe two solids over the years:

1) I got him a gmail account when they first came out and invitations were very limited; and

2) I tipped him off when one of his competitors in the boat business was sold.

Hey now, you were in Portland not too long ago and I don't seem to recall my phone ringing!  ;)

Detroit is so darn spread out that I always feel like getting over to see anybody requires packing a lunch and filling up with gas before I depart.  Portland is small and easy to get around.  Plus, my family is out of town this week so I'm footloose and fancy free!

Redeye to Detroit tonight.  Let me know where we're meeting up.
So true.   You really need to go an hour in each direction to take things in.

Highly doubt I'd get the call either even though I've done Joe two solids over the years:

1) I got him a gmail account when they first came out and invitations were very limited; and

2) I tipped him off when one of his competitors in the boat business was sold.
:lmao:  

Where do you live?

Users who are viewing this thread