What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why the NBA SHOULD NOT reseed playoff teams (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I was watching a special NBA free agency edition of ESPN's First Take, and Molly Qerim asked both Stephen A. Smith & Max Kellerman if they thought the NBA should change its playoff format.  I know all the talent is going out to the Western Conference, but there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for the NBA to change from its current playoff format!  I don't even know why that topic even came up in the first place.  Yes, I know LeBron is now with the Lakers, but you've still got some good talent in the Eastern Conference.  Here are the guys in the Eastern Conference who can still carry the Eastern Conference:

Kyrie Irving (Celtics)

DeMar DeRozan (Raptors)

Joel Embiid (76ers)

Giannis Antetokounmpo (Bucks)

Bradley Beal (Wizards)

Al Horford (Celtics)

Kevin Love (Cavaliers)

Kyle Lowry (Raptors)

Victor Oladipo (Pacers)

Kristaps Porzingis (Knicks)

John Wall (Wizards)

Besides, it makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for the NBA to reseed playoff teams!  Leave the playoff format the way it is.  And as far as Stephen A. Smith & Max Kellerman are concerned, I'd suggest both of them keep their mouths shut.  Just because LeBron is now with the Lakers doesn't mean you have to throw the entire NBA into chaos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Owners in the east will never sign off on it. Plus the stat about potential miles flown was pretty intense. It's never happening. 

I wish I had the stat handy. But coastal teams could have it rough in first round matchups. 

Owners in the east will never sign off on it. Plus the stat about potential miles flown was pretty intense. It's never happening. 

I wish I had the stat handy. But coastal teams could have it rough in first round matchups. 
This and the extra number of teams/fan bases that stay engaged because of the Conference playoff race.  Make it 1-16 and a few less teams every year will care down the stretch.  That's a problem considering how many teams already don't care near the end of season.

Users who are viewing this thread