What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 5 Radiohead Songs (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
No haters allowed.  I am 4 gins deep and getting my Radiohead boner going for the show the wife and I are going to see tomorrow night.   I am in charge of making a 25 song max playlist for the ride down to Chicago, and I am working on that, but what does the FFA have for me??   

Since I posted this, I will have to have narrow this down even farther to 5 songs and post it in a bit.  

Love it.  The Bends is easily my favorite album of theirs.    I am surprised to say that after looking through songs and making my list In Rainbows might just be my 2nd favorite by them now.  

These would change depending on date, so I'm altering the premise and going with my favorites during periods of my life: 

Let Down 

Life In A Glasshouse 

Everything In Its Right Place  

Black Star 

Paranoid Android

OK Computer deserves its special archival in The Library Of Congress. That is just an album to behold.  

The Bends--->OKC--->Kid A is arguably my favorite run of 3 albums from any band ever. 
I vividly remember listening to Kid A on release night with a fellow FFAer ( Hi, @amnesiac) and thinking WTMF is this??  Then we saw them a couple times on the Kid A tour and those songs sounded fantastic live and just clicked.  I think it also helped to see that Thom actually seemed like he was having fun and gave two ####s about what they were doing as well.  I think the OKC tour just about killed that dude.  

I was so glad to see a version of Lift get released on the anniversary edition of OKC recently.  I have always loved the hell out of that song.  

We have three that overlap. Interesting.  
I've posted many "favorite songs of all time" lists on various message boards over the past 20 years and Let Down is always top 10.

The first time I heard it I don't think I understood a word Thom Yorke was singing, but that song just floored me. And still does. 

One I haven’t seen mentioned:

Weird Fishes / Arpeggi

those haunting background vocals and repeating chords kill me every time. And then you got the lyrics, chasing someone to the end of the earth only to fall into a pool of water and get eaten by worms. 

Can I make this easier and do a top 5 from each record?  Even that would be tough. 

How to Disappear Completely
No Surprises
15 Step
Where I End and You Begin
Videotape

I'd go OKC----->Kid A--------->Amnesiac as my favorite three-album run by them.  
Amnesiac has 2 or 3 of my favorite RH songs, and a couple of my least favorite.  I don't think I'd ever just put on that album to listen start to finish.  

Sort of arbitrary distinctions, but it's always amazed/amused me that they put out consecutive albums in OKC and Kid A that are pretty universally ranked among the best albums of the 90s and 00s, respectively.  Whether you put The Bends before them, or Amnesiac after, those two in a row are tough for any band to beat.  

Amnesiac has 2 or 3 of my favorite RH songs, and a couple of my least favorite.  I don't think I'd ever just put on that album to listen start to finish.  
It reminds me of sitting on my deck in a woodsy, evergreen tree area of CT, looking out at pristine white snow, smoking a cigarette (back when I smoked). I think music just strikes people differently at different times. We've discussed this before, though always glad to have it again. The only Radiohead vinyl I own is a gatefold 10" copy of Amnesiac. I think I got a steal on it and that it's worth a pretty penny, but I'll have to check Discogs.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread