What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Heatwave - Southern California To See 115 Degree Weather Today (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Careful, folks. Don't get caught outside today. I just hope there are no brownouts.  

Also windy. Bad for the wildfires in Napa.  

:shock:

Yep. Was just at the Post Office. It's already crazy for this time of day.  

Inland Empire will see 115 or so at around 3-5 PM. Yikes. I saw guys working outside and can't believe they didn't just phone it in today. I hope they were up at five, home by one.  

Where are y'all at?  In Huntington Beach it was supposed to reach triple digits, which is insane for a beach town around these parts.  Further inland, where I work (Santa Ana/Irvine-ish), it'll definitely see 102+

Glad I'm nowhere near the valleys or further inland.  

Comfortably positioned in my a/c-controlled office now and will venture out for lunch in the heat.

Where are y'all at?  In Huntington Beach it was supposed to reach triple digits, which is insane for a beach town around these parts.  Further inland, where I work (Santa Ana/Irvine-ish), it'll definitely see 102+

Glad I'm nowhere near the valleys or further inland.  

Comfortably positioned in my a/c-controlled office now and will venture out for lunch in the heat.
I'm inland. Riverside County.  

Debating going for a run. Stuck my head out there, it's really hot but not oppressive. I kind of like running when it's super hot. Sleep like a baby.

“But it’s a dry heat.”

I always laugh at my friends and family who reside in AZ say that. Usually when they try and convince me to move out there and I reply that I hate the heat. No, 110 degrees is Mother clucking HOT! I don’t care how dry it is. 

I've been rolling around the Inland Empire all day.  

Was at Home Depot and saw a "professional" lady making the rounds circling all the workers from one end of the parking lot to the other.  I thought I was sweating.

That's a little chilly for this time of year for us Phoenicians. 
:thumbdown: Show off.  

eta* average historical temp in Phoenix, AZ, July 5th. 107. 

But it's a dry heat, right?  Dear God, I'd wilt.  

Last edited by a moderator:
“But it’s a dry heat.”

I always laugh at my friends and family who reside in AZ say that. Usually when they try and convince me to move out there and I reply that I hate the heat. No, 110 degrees is Mother clucking HOT! I don’t care how dry it is. 
Yeah, when the sun bakes the sweat off you before it can cool down... not good.

Having lived in both places 100+ degree heat here doesn't compare to temps in the 90s in NYC in terms of miserableness. It's a wet, dirty heat. 
I sort of agree. I was born and raised and lived most of my life in CT and spent five years in the swamp that is D.C. I can tell you that there's a special drain even having only been out in the morning today once it gets to 115 or so.  

100+ and like 90% humidity here in NYC last week.  No thread for that.  Left coasters are so soft.  
I get that this is schtick, but yeah, I lived in CT for like 30 years and D.C. for five. I remember 100+ days with D.C. humidity. Also have lived in one of the coldest places in the Northeast. 

Never felt an aberration like today in terms of raw temp. It's still 106. It's seven o'clock. 

Studio city - 116 .  I am from Phx so I get it.  In the 12 years I have lived here I have never seen anything like this....  looks like it is coming down next week.

Studio city - 116 .  I am from Phx so I get it.  In the 12 years I have lived here I have never seen anything like this....  looks like it is coming down next week.
Good. 94 still here. That's not that bad.  It hit 116 today, apparently.  

100+ and like 90% humidity here in NYC last week.  No thread for that.  Left coasters are so soft.  
But we live here so we don't have to deal with that crap, nor'easters, hurricanes and tons of rain. We didn't sign up for that junk.

Users who are viewing this thread