What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ICE (2 Viewers)

Teyana

Footballguy
https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/1015314429397827587

In 2017 ICE made 4,818 gang arrests (796 were MS-13) and just last week busted a child sex trafficking ring — yet top Dems like Cynthia Nixon call our ICE agents “terrorists.” Despicable.
https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/1015314233016365057

Last year ICE agents rescued 518 human trafficking victims and 904 children subjected to exploitation — yet top Dems like Cynthia Nixon call ICE agents “terrorists.” What a disgrace.
https://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/06/29/report-ag-sessions-rewriting-asylum-regulations/

One source familiar with the asylum process but not authorized to speak on the record described the proposed changes as “the most severe restrictions on asylum since at least 1965” — when the law that created the current legal immigration system was passed — and “possibly even further back.”

ICE is training its deportation officers in the use of M4 assault rifles, “chemical agents”, stun grenades, and flash bangs, according to federal procurement records I found.

“Sounds like they’re getting ready for war,” a retired ICE agent told me
:thumbup:

I assume the child sex trafficking ring is the one in Oakland two days ago. 

Here’s a question - if there’s a child sex trafficking ring that the authorities know about, why is ICE the one going in to detain people?

I assume the child sex trafficking ring is the one in Oakland two days ago. 

Here’s a question - if there’s a child sex trafficking ring that the authorities know about, why is ICE the one going in to detain people?
Obviously you know more about legal matters than me, but I was under the impression that when ICE was established, it took over all monitoring of overseas internet activity by domestic peoples. 

Thus, I read it as:

ICE busted child sex trafficking via online detection.

Is this not supported or contradicted by the Oakland story?

It’s Oakland. Local authorities would be more inclined to alert the sex traffickers of the raid than help ICE.
As I mentioned above, what if it was ICE that detected the activity via their online monitoring?

Also, I must note, I am no fan of ICE, but I support their work in stopping sex trafficking.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your point jonessed...sorry. :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.newsweek.com/ice-announcement-record-number-ms-13-gang-arrests-full-####-lawyer-says-736304

I dunno how ICE became a gang task force, because then they would have to go after gangs of any race or culture. 

But did ICE make sense on its own? In 2004, the conservative Heritage Foundation suggested ICE be merged out of existence, by combining it with the new border force, Customs and Border Protection. And in 2005, the Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general concurred in a 175-page report (pg. 19) that there was little reason for ICE to have been created at all:

We could not find any documentation that fully explains the rationale and purpose behind ICE’s composition. One senior official offered the following explanation…ICE was established with not a focus on supporting a particular mission, but on building an institutional foundation large enough to justify a new organization.

ICE currently maintains over 40,000 beds worth of people who crossed the border illegally, and private contractors are big beneficiaries of these detentions—Geo Group and CoreCivic both made about a quarter of their revenue from ICE contracts in 2017. ICE estimates that the cost to the US taxpayer per bed is about $126 per day, though the Government Accountability office thinks that’s too low. 

Today, only the agency’s 6,000 Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents are tasked with ICE’s original mission: tracking terrorism and transnational crime syndicates in the US and around the world. About 8,000 ICE agents are dedicated to locating, arresting, detaining, and removing undocumented immigrants; the agency’s 1,100 attorneys and 300 staff also prosecute the government’s immigration cases each year.

https://qz.com/1316098/what-is-ice-supposed-to-do-the-strange-history-of-us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement/

Who knows how many.   2011-2012 and 2013 ICE arrests were over 300K a year and nobody ever talked about ICE. They been doing this a long time.
Go back to the link I posted.  It’s about the inflated numbers of gang apprehensions.

”Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s increase in MS-13 gang arrests—796 so far this year, up from 434 in 2016—should be taken with a grain of salt since it is likely agents inflated numbers by wrongfully cuffing people who are not part of the gang at all, experts say.”

HTH

Go back to the link I posted.  It’s about the inflated numbers of gang apprehensions.

”Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s increase in MS-13 gang arrests—796 so far this year, up from 434 in 2016—should be taken with a grain of salt since it is likely agents inflated numbers by wrongfully cuffing people who are not part of the gang at all, experts say.”

HTH
It’s Newsweek quoting a couple left wing immigration lawyers. I’ll take your article with a grain of salt as well. Certainly Newsweek doesn’t have an agenda here.

It’s Newsweek quoting a couple left wing immigration lawyers. I’ll take your article with a grain of salt as well. Certainly Newsweek doesn’t have an agenda here.
Like the Trump administration doesn’t have a political agenda with ICE also. 

Newsweek is just re-reporting what a lot of other outlets have reported about: that there have been arrests made of immigrants who have no affiliation with MS-13, or have no criminal record but are arrested because ICE assumed they have one. Either way, past ICE officials say that the Trump administration is taking away the primary focus of ICE with the Zero Tolerance policy, that makes current ICE agents disagree with it. 

They have become a political machination under Trump, and it is corrupting ICE’s real mission

As more states legalize Marijuana the private prisons need more brown people to replace the black people.

If you’re a Latino worried about ICE, the best way to avoid trouble when you run into them is to offer nice platitudes that will make them think you’re one of the rest of us. Some examples: 

“Blessed be the fruit.” 

“Praise be.” 

“Under his eye.” 

If you’re a Latino worried about ICE, the best way to avoid trouble when you run into them is to offer nice platitudes that will make them think you’re one of the rest of us. Some examples: 

“Blessed be the fruit.” 

“Praise be.” 

“Under his eye.” 
If you’re Latino and start talking about fruit to ICE you’ll be on a bus to the border so fast your head will spin.  

Funny, I thought of you when I posted my edit. So telling, isn't it? 

And I don't care about ICE. I just wanted to point out where your double standards lie.  
The OP just joined a few hours ago. Using Pence and Breitbart. 

Here at a FF site. 

Either the OP is FBG using another alias, or some serious micro targeting is reaping benefits for Dodds

In what universe are Newsweek and Breitbart on the same level? rockaction this may be the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever written. 
In what universe is anything on the left as bad as anything on the right? Is what every Trump hater says and believes lol

Newsweek is owned by a couple of conservative billionaires with ties to a Christian religious cult. So if it does have an agenda, it's probably not the agenda you were thinking of.

Users who are viewing this thread