Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teyana

ICE

113 posts in this topic

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/1015314429397827587

In 2017 ICE made 4,818 gang arrests (796 were MS-13) and just last week busted a child sex trafficking ring — yet top Dems like Cynthia Nixon call our ICE agents “terrorists.” Despicable.

https://twitter.com/mike_pence/status/1015314233016365057

Last year ICE agents rescued 518 human trafficking victims and 904 children subjected to exploitation — yet top Dems like Cynthia Nixon call ICE agents “terrorists.” What a disgrace.

https://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/06/29/report-ag-sessions-rewriting-asylum-regulations/

One source familiar with the asylum process but not authorized to speak on the record described the proposed changes as “the most severe restrictions on asylum since at least 1965” — when the law that created the current legal immigration system was passed — and “possibly even further back.”

ICE is training its deportation officers in the use of M4 assault rifles, “chemical agents”, stun grenades, and flash bangs, according to federal procurement records I found.

“Sounds like they’re getting ready for war,” a retired ICE agent told me

:thumbup:

Cynthia Nixon is a top Democrat?

6 people like this

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

Cynthia Nixon is a top Democrat?

Was about to ask the same question. 

I assume the child sex trafficking ring is the one in Oakland two days ago. 

Here’s a question - if there’s a child sex trafficking ring that the authorities know about, why is ICE the one going in to detain people?

3 people like this

New alias. Who dis?

4 people like this

But what did Kim Cattrall have to say about this? 

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Here’s a question - if there’s a child sex trafficking ring that the authorities know about, why is ICE the one going in to detain people?

Obviously you know more about legal matters than me, but I was under the impression that when ICE was established, it took over all monitoring of overseas internet activity by domestic peoples. 

Thus, I read it as:

ICE busted child sex trafficking via online detection.

Is this not supported or contradicted by the Oakland story?

25 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It’s Oakland. Local authorities would be more inclined to alert the sex traffickers of the raid than help ICE.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, jonessed said:

It’s Oakland. Local authorities would be more inclined to alert the sex traffickers of the raid than help ICE.

As I mentioned above, what if it was ICE that detected the activity via their online monitoring?

Also, I must note, I am no fan of ICE, but I support their work in stopping sex trafficking.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood your point jonessed...sorry. :bag:

Edited by Man of Constant Sorrow

42 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

New alias. Who dis?

He obviously came here for Fantasy Football 

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, jonessed said:

Wow.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, drummer said:

He obviously came here for Fantasy Football 

Lol

5 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

ICE has been around and doing much of the same for 16 years. Half the country did not know what ICE was or what they did until the last year.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

ICE has been around and doing much of the same for 16 years. Half the country did not know what ICE was or what they did until the last year.

Ok

Posted (edited)

But did ICE make sense on its own? In 2004, the conservative Heritage Foundation suggested ICE be merged out of existence, by combining it with the new border force, Customs and Border Protection. And in 2005, the Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general concurred in a 175-page report (pg. 19) that there was little reason for ICE to have been created at all:

We could not find any documentation that fully explains the rationale and purpose behind ICE’s composition. One senior official offered the following explanation…ICE was established with not a focus on supporting a particular mission, but on building an institutional foundation large enough to justify a new organization.

ICE currently maintains over 40,000 beds worth of people who crossed the border illegally, and private contractors are big beneficiaries of these detentions—Geo Group and CoreCivic both made about a quarter of their revenue from ICE contracts in 2017. ICE estimates that the cost to the US taxpayer per bed is about $126 per day, though the Government Accountability office thinks that’s too low. 

Today, only the agency’s 6,000 Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) agents are tasked with ICE’s original mission: tracking terrorism and transnational crime syndicates in the US and around the world. About 8,000 ICE agents are dedicated to locating, arresting, detaining, and removing undocumented immigrants; the agency’s 1,100 attorneys and 300 staff also prosecute the government’s immigration cases each year.

https://qz.com/1316098/what-is-ice-supposed-to-do-the-strange-history-of-us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement/

Edited by drummer
1 person likes this

Just now, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Are those the numbers for gang/MS-13 apprehensions?

Who knows how many.   2011-2012 and 2013 ICE arrests were over 300K a year and nobody ever talked about ICE. They been doing this a long time.

Just now, Da Guru said:

Who knows how many.   2011-2012 and 2013 ICE arrests were over 300K a year and nobody ever talked about ICE. They been doing this a long time.

Go back to the link I posted.  It’s about the inflated numbers of gang apprehensions.

”Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s increase in MS-13 gang arrests—796 so far this year, up from 434 in 2016—should be taken with a grain of salt since it is likely agents inflated numbers by wrongfully cuffing people who are not part of the gang at all, experts say.”

HTH

3 people like this

1 hour ago, jonessed said:

Not the worst post I’ve read in the last few months, but certainly in the top 5. 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Go back to the link I posted.  It’s about the inflated numbers of gang apprehensions.

”Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s increase in MS-13 gang arrests—796 so far this year, up from 434 in 2016—should be taken with a grain of salt since it is likely agents inflated numbers by wrongfully cuffing people who are not part of the gang at all, experts say.”

HTH

It’s Newsweek quoting a couple left wing immigration lawyers. I’ll take your article with a grain of salt as well. Certainly Newsweek doesn’t have an agenda here.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, jonessed said:

So this was an iGuardian thing?

7 minutes ago, ArbyMelt said:

Certainly Newsweek doesn’t have an agenda here.

Certainly ICE doesn't have an agenda to inflate arrest records either.

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, ArbyMelt said:

It’s Newsweek quoting a couple left wing immigration lawyers. I’ll take your article with a grain of salt as well. Certainly Newsweek doesn’t have an agenda here.

Like the Trump administration doesn’t have a political agenda with ICE also. 

Newsweek is just re-reporting what a lot of other outlets have reported about: that there have been arrests made of immigrants who have no affiliation with MS-13, or have no criminal record but are arrested because ICE assumed they have one. Either way, past ICE officials say that the Trump administration is taking away the primary focus of ICE with the Zero Tolerance policy, that makes current ICE agents disagree with it. 

They have become a political machination under Trump, and it is corrupting ICE’s real mission

Edited by drummer
1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, ArbyMelt said:

About two months ago a federal judge ruled ICE had falsified evidence and were lying about gang affiliation in order to deport a  DACA status immigrant.  

6 people like this

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

About two months ago a federal judge ruled ICE had falsified evidence and were lying about gang affiliation in order to deport a  DACA status immigrant.  

That judge obviously has an agenda.

3 people like this

11 minutes ago, ArbyMelt said:

Ok, ArbyMelt.

2 minutes ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

That judge obviously has an agenda.

He was appointed by George W. Bush. 

Just now, Henry Ford said:

He was appointed by George W. Bush. 

Exactly.  Probably some leftist, flag-burning, activist hippy.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

As more states legalize Marijuana the private prisons need more brown people to replace the black people.

Edited by Mile High

If you’re a Latino worried about ICE, the best way to avoid trouble when you run into them is to offer nice platitudes that will make them think you’re one of the rest of us. Some examples: 

“Blessed be the fruit.” 

“Praise be.” 

“Under his eye.” 

3 people like this

18 minutes ago, timschochet said:

If you’re a Latino worried about ICE, the best way to avoid trouble when you run into them is to offer nice platitudes that will make them think you’re one of the rest of us. Some examples: 

“Blessed be the fruit.” 

“Praise be.” 

“Under his eye.” 

If you’re Latino and start talking about fruit to ICE you’ll be on a bus to the border so fast your head will spin.  

3 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

If you’re Latino and start talking about fruit to ICE you’ll be on a bus to the border so fast your head will spin.  

I’ll just ask them if I am being detained, and throw some words that will confuse them

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, ArbyMelt said:

They complain when you cite op-eds but Newsweek, a declared left-wing op-ed magazine, is okay. 

Okay.  

@Officer Pete Malloy

@Henry Ford

@Whoever The #### on this board.  

Edited by rockaction
1 person likes this

Just now, rockaction said:

They complain when you cite op-eds but Newsweek, a declared left-wing op-ed magazine, is okay. 

Okay.  

OP cited Mike Pence and Brietbart.  I thought that’s what we were doing.

Just now, Officer Pete Malloy said:

OP cited Mike Pence and Brietbart.  I thought that’s what we were doing.

Funny, I thought of you when I posted my edit. So telling, isn't it? 

And I don't care about ICE. I just wanted to point out where your double standards lie.  

I cite Breitbart! 

I cite Newsweek! 

Later, losers. I have bigger fish to fry.