Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Teyana

ICE

Just now, Stealthycat said:

https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen

I do not know that no - do you have a link that says "Mexicans without family in the United States are banned" ???

I have no idea why you linked to that page.

These are the ways to get a green card:

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/eligibility-categories

Feel free to find one that would allow you to come here from Mexico without family here or an employment exemption.

I read the links - what do you want me to say? That its just absolutely horrible that the US doesn't have open borders or allows 40 million immigrants every year? 

I won't say that.

US immigration is set up the way it is for a reason, I personally think we could double the legal immigration numbers and be ok. The problem is the people who want to come here and they can't find the legal means and so they break the law

and the left supports that

3 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

what else do you support doing illegally in life because you don't want to follow the legal process and procedure? just curious

nobody answered this - why ?

30 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

I read the links - what do you want me to say? That its just absolutely horrible that the US doesn't have open borders or allows 40 million immigrants every year? 

What Henry Ford, noted: That you understand that for most people who don't have family already here or an employment exemption there literally is no path to come here legally from Mexico.

Edited by squistion

3 hours ago, squistion said:

What Henry Ford, noted: That you understand that for most people who don't have family already here or an employment exemption there literally is no path to come here legally from Mexico.

Why do we need an entry option at all here? 

We already have huge numbers here through family ties.  The loss of other methods, given the total numbers that want to come from all over, just doesn't move the needle.

21 minutes ago, Sand said:

Why do we need an entry option at all here? 

We already have huge numbers here through family ties.  The loss of other methods, given the total numbers that want to come from all over, just doesn't move the needle.

You serious Clark?

19 hours ago, squistion said:

I support deportation of those who commit violent crimes. For the law abiding who have been for a period of years I want a path to citizenship rather than deportation as, I believe, they provide a net benefit to our country and it is waste of time, resources and money to have deportation squads like Trump wants to round them up.

Me, I would not reward illegally coming to this country with citizenship, not ever.  Out of practicality I would certainly consider a path to permanent resident alien status for those who have been lawful since here.  For their children born here, yes, they should get citizenship status but their parents and relatives should not.  For some that may mean a return to their country of origin until they are of an age to leave their parents and resume their citizenship here while in their majority.

I am for a bit more immigration, lawful.  I am also for more liberal guest worker programs.

I also support working with our neighbors in this hemisphere to enhance their economies, and, ideally  their human rights in their own countries.  I am definitely not for the type of nation building/interference we saw in the last century. 

:(

The ACLU says that ICE repeatedly lied to a judge to keep more than 100 Iraqi nationals behind bars for over a year as the government fought to deport them and about 1,300 other Iraqis to a country where they might be tortured.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-30/ice-lied-to-u-s-judge-in-fight-over-detained-iraqis-aclu-says

ICE officer arrested on multiple counts of child molestation

In unrelated news: Border Patrol agent arrested for 4 murders, may be serial killer

I fully understand that these two people are a tiny fraction of the thousands of immigration enforcement officials in this country. But if you just think of these guys as two Skittles within a giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

ICE officer arrested on multiple counts of child molestation

In unrelated news: Border Patrol agent arrested for 4 murders, may be serial killer

I fully understand that these two people are a tiny fraction of the thousands of immigration enforcement officials in this country. But if you just think of these guys as two Skittles within a giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?

How is what you typed any different than below?

I fully understand that these 19 muslims are just a tiny fraction of the muslims in this country. But if you just think of these guys as 19 Skittles within a really giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?

I honestly would like to know why it is ok for you to type such a statement, but if I dropped that line in a thread I would have tons of notifications of scathing replies in like 4 minutes.

parasaurolophus said:

I fully understand that these 19 muslims are just a tiny fraction of the muslims in this country. But if you just think of these guys as 19 Skittles within a really giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?

I honestly would like to know why it is ok for you to type such a statement, but if I dropped that line in a thread I would have tons of notifications of scathing replies in like 4 minutes.

Really?

I mean, uh.......touché, I guess. But really??

Just now, Joe Summer said:

Really?

I mean, uh.......touché, I guess. But really??

I am seriously asking. I wont ask you a bunch more questions or argue with you. I just want to know why you think that is ok and I will leave it at that. 

I admit to having made the same type of statements you made here regarding a different profession, (but I was chastised for it). I waited quite a while to reply to see if anybody said anything to you.  

parasaurolophus said:

I am seriously asking. I wont ask you a bunch more questions or argue with you. I just want to know why you think that is ok and I will leave it at that.

I don't think it's okay. At all.

Just like I didn't think it was OK when the Trump campaign compared refugees to Skittles, and I didn't think it was OK when Trump supporters repeatedly defended the Skittles comparison, and I don't think it's OK for Trump to exploit isolated immigrant crime stories to broadly vilify immigration.

So, I used the very tactics used by Trump (and his supporters) to illustrate just how awful it is to use isolated incidents to denigrate a large community, the vast majority of which are decent people.

I appreciate the concern that you're showing. I hope you keep it in mind in the future.

1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

I honestly would like to know why it is ok for you to type such a statement, but if I dropped that line in a thread I would have tons of notifications of scathing replies in like 4 minutes.

:lmao:  Um, I think that's the point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonessed said:

$28K?  How many cameras is that?  3?  4?  Sounds like they were targeting someone specifically.

Yeah, that part caught my interest. I wonder if they were testing a program to wide net certain areas or this is a method to target a specific person. 

Nearly 70 former judges from 23 states are calling on immigration officials to stop making arrests at courthouses of people suspected of being in the U.S. illegally, saying immigrants should be free to visit halls of justice without fear of being detained.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article222988020.html

19 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

They're monsters.

Next time someone tells you that we should put aside our differences and not let "politics" come between us, remember that this is the "politics" they're referring to.  People who stand with Trump stand with this.  Explain to me how I'm supposed to respect someone who approves of tearing children out of the arms of refugees, throwing them in detention centers, and then using the children in those detention centers as human bait to catch undocumented immigrants who just want to help make the world a better place by caring for the kids.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

that's one of the worst things I've heard...Let's use kids as bait so we can arrest some awful people that want to adopt kids that have been kept in cages.  we must get those type of low-lifes out of this country.  just awful and heartless.  

Edited by Banger