What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ICE (3 Viewers)

What Henry Ford, noted: That you understand that for most people who don't have family already here or an employment exemption there literally is no path to come here legally from Mexico.
Why do we need an entry option at all here? 

We already have huge numbers here through family ties.  The loss of other methods, given the total numbers that want to come from all over, just doesn't move the needle.

Why do we need an entry option at all here? 

We already have huge numbers here through family ties.  The loss of other methods, given the total numbers that want to come from all over, just doesn't move the needle.
You serious Clark?

I support deportation of those who commit violent crimes. For the law abiding who have been for a period of years I want a path to citizenship rather than deportation as, I believe, they provide a net benefit to our country and it is waste of time, resources and money to have deportation squads like Trump wants to round them up.
Me, I would not reward illegally coming to this country with citizenship, not ever.  Out of practicality I would certainly consider a path to permanent resident alien status for those who have been lawful since here.  For their children born here, yes, they should get citizenship status but their parents and relatives should not.  For some that may mean a return to their country of origin until they are of an age to leave their parents and resume their citizenship here while in their majority.

I am for a bit more immigration, lawful.  I am also for more liberal guest worker programs.

I also support working with our neighbors in this hemisphere to enhance their economies, and, ideally  their human rights in their own countries.  I am definitely not for the type of nation building/interference we saw in the last century. 

ICE officer arrested on multiple counts of child molestation

In unrelated news: Border Patrol agent arrested for 4 murders, may be serial killer

I fully understand that these two people are a tiny fraction of the thousands of immigration enforcement officials in this country. But if you just think of these guys as two Skittles within a giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?
How is what you typed any different than below?

I fully understand that these 19 muslims are just a tiny fraction of the muslims in this country. But if you just think of these guys as 19 Skittles within a really giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?
I honestly would like to know why it is ok for you to type such a statement, but if I dropped that line in a thread I would have tons of notifications of scathing replies in like 4 minutes.

parasaurolophus said:

I fully understand that these 19 muslims are just a tiny fraction of the muslims in this country. But if you just think of these guys as 19 Skittles within a really giant bowl of Skittles, then you must ask the obvious question: Do I really want to risk taking a handful of Skittles?

I honestly would like to know why it is ok for you to type such a statement, but if I dropped that line in a thread I would have tons of notifications of scathing replies in like 4 minutes.
Really?

I mean, uh.......touché, I guess. But really??

Really?

I mean, uh.......touché, I guess. But really??
I am seriously asking. I wont ask you a bunch more questions or argue with you. I just want to know why you think that is ok and I will leave it at that. 

I admit to having made the same type of statements you made here regarding a different profession, (but I was chastised for it). I waited quite a while to reply to see if anybody said anything to you.  

parasaurolophus said:

I am seriously asking. I wont ask you a bunch more questions or argue with you. I just want to know why you think that is ok and I will leave it at that.
I don't think it's okay. At all.

Just like I didn't think it was OK when the Trump campaign compared refugees to Skittles, and I didn't think it was OK when Trump supporters repeatedly defended the Skittles comparison, and I don't think it's OK for Trump to exploit isolated immigrant crime stories to broadly vilify immigration.

So, I used the very tactics used by Trump (and his supporters) to illustrate just how awful it is to use isolated incidents to denigrate a large community, the vast majority of which are decent people.

I appreciate the concern that you're showing. I hope you keep it in mind in the future.

parasaurolophus said:

I honestly would like to know why it is ok for you to type such a statement, but if I dropped that line in a thread I would have tons of notifications of scathing replies in like 4 minutes.
:lmao:   Um, I think that's the point.

$28K?  How many cameras is that?  3?  4?  Sounds like they were targeting someone specifically.
Yeah, that part caught my interest. I wonder if they were testing a program to wide net certain areas or this is a method to target a specific person. 

They're monsters.

Next time someone tells you that we should put aside our differences and not let "politics" come between us, remember that this is the "politics" they're referring to.  People who stand with Trump stand with this.  Explain to me how I'm supposed to respect someone who approves of tearing children out of the arms of refugees, throwing them in detention centers, and then using the children in those detention centers as human bait to catch undocumented immigrants who just want to help make the world a better place by caring for the kids.

TOTALLY NON-EVIL ICE ARRESTS 170 IMMIGRANTS TRYING TO SAVE BABIES FROM BABY JAILS

I couldn't read the rest.  My eyes kept tearing up from laughter.

Then I recovered.  Then I saw the TRUMP HOTELS cartoon... :lmao:

Then I recovered.

Then I read about the author... I can't stop now:

Stephen Robinson is a writer and social kibbitzer based in Seattle. However, he's more reliable for food and drink recommendations in Portland, where he spends a lot of time for theatre work.
@Bucky86 You have really out done yourself here..... effing great link, best yet.   :cry:

I would like to be referred to from here on out as a social kibbitzer, better known for food and drink recommendations.. due to my work in theatre.

TOTALLY NON-EVIL ICE ARRESTS 170 IMMIGRANTS TRYING TO SAVE BABIES FROM BABY JAILS

I couldn't read the rest.  My eyes kept tearing up from laughter.

Then I recovered.  Then I saw the TRUMP HOTELS cartoon... :lmao:

Then I recovered.

Then I read about the author... I can't stop now:

@Bucky86 You have really out done yourself here..... effing great link, best yet.   :cry:
In buckys defense the story is available elsewhere. I saw that link too when he posted it and wondered wth publication is this? But if you look for the story it is widely available. 

For those that have been complaining about linking to Wonkette. They have been around for over a decade. While humorous satire and or sarcasm is generally their shtick, they can also be serious at times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonkette

Wonkette is an American online magazine of topical satire and political gossip, established in 2004 by Gawker Media and founding editor Ana Marie Cox, edited by Ken Layne from 2006 to 2012, and owned and edited by Rebecca Schoenkopf since 2012.[2] Prominent U.S. political bloggers including Juli Weiner, Jim Newell and Alex Pareene established their careers at Wonkette. The current editor is Rebecca Schoenkopf, formerly of OC Weekly. Wonkette covers US politics from Washington DC to local schoolboards. Taking a sarcastic tone, the site focuses heavily on humorous breaking news, rumors, and the downfall of the powerful. It also deals with serious matters of politics and policy, producing in-depth analysis.

This should surprise no one.

(((DeanObeidallah)))‏Verified account @DeanObeidallah 4h4 hours ago

UNREAL!!! ICE has been wrongly detaining dozens of U.S. citizens in Florida jails, according to a new ACLU report that says it's part of a disturbing pattern affecting Americans across the nation. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ice-detainers-miami-florida-aclu_n_5c92c7c3e4b01b140d3536d9?ncid=engmodushpmg00000004
It's like this all over the country.  It's one big reason "sanctuary cities" exist. Because cities and states are tired of paying out on lawsuits when they detain someone illegally for the feds.

Catherine Thompson‏Verified account @KT_thomps

Mesa Airlines told a 28-year-old flight attendant, who is a DACA recipient and had been on the job for less than a month, that she'd be fine working a flight from Houston to Mexico and back. That flight attendant is now in ICE detention.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/ice-detains-flight-attendant-daca/
:(

Rather than speak for them and be accused of making overly broad generalizations, what do the Trump supporters here think of this?

I think people would like to get rid of the Enforcement and Removal Operations portion of ICE.

Personally, I don't like ICE being the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. Should be under HHR.

Users who are viewing this thread