What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Travis Pastrana at Caesars Evel Knievel Jumps *** (1 Viewer)

From the link-

With one jump per hour, Pastrana will attempt to recreate the concepts and exceed the execution of Knievel’s most famous moments. As Knievel jumped over 50 cars, Pastrana will attempt to jump 52. Knievel jumped 14 Greyhound buses, and Pastrana will raise that amount by two as well.

The riskiest event of the night, however, may be Pastrana’s attempt to succeed in Knievel’s jump of the fountain at Caesars Palace. This jump, Knievel never accomplished in full: in his attempt to jump over the fountain on Dec. 31, 1967, Knievel was hospitalized after crashing his bike on the jump, resulting in multiple serious fractures.

Yeah we've been pretty excited to watch this in the facook house, partly because our 13 year old son knows next to nothing about EK.

This is fantastic!

Got to know Evel a bit later in life at a Country Club in Clearwater. He lived the CC life as I imagined he always lived his daredevil life...always gambling (huge sums of money he didn’t have at golf) to the edge, partying while doing it, and being everyone’s hero.

If you guys have never checked out Nitro Circus you need too.

Pastrana jumped a motorcycle into a canyon and based jumped off of it

J Knox SOOOOOOOOOO high tonight.  Love that they had "Goldburg" as an expert commentator.  How similar is it to fulfill a script in front of lots or people, vs. fulfilling something almost as fixed tonight by Travis?

SPOILER: The bikes are soooooo souped up vs. Evil's.  Plus this pro-biker has 50 years of physics/stunt knowledge advantage over the drunk 60's daredevil.

I mean honestly the most disappointing thing is that no one came up with tonight's program before History/Pastrana.  I am an idiot for not realizing how far we've come in stunt jumping since 48 years ago.

Next month: facook's insurance agency presents: some dude rocket sled's over the Snake River Canyon!!!!!!

Let's put it this way...

50 years from now, there won't be a 'Travis Live' extravaganza with someone beating his 'records.'

Last edited by a moderator:
You know he's paying homage to Evel right?

How he's his hero.

I'm also sure you're fishing at this point

Don't get all the hate :unsure:

This guy jumped out of a plane with no chute for God's sake!!!!
I'm  a Travis fan and some of his other stunts are nuts. But as has been pointed out, these are physics problems which can be figured out and looked like he had plenty of room for error factored in. Not sure if Evel even used a pen and cocktail napkin to figure it out.

You know he's paying homage to Evel right?

How he's his hero.

I'm also sure you're fishing at this point
Not really fishing.

Evel was/is iconic.

One of the supposting cast almost said 'Elvis' instead of Evel.

I know Travis is skilled at what he does, and paying homage is cool.

But to say he's breaking any sort of records is laughable.

I'm  a Travis fan and some of his other stunts are nuts. But as has been pointed out, these are physics problems which can be figured out and looked like he had plenty of room for error factored in. Not sure if Evel even used a pen and cocktail napkin to figure it out.
I didn't see anyone not acknowledging that Evel was crazier/tougher/founding fathers of this stuff.   Sure it's "easier" now, doesn't mean it's easy and safe :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread