What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My mom's birthday is coming up. What's a good gift? (1 Viewer)

Is your dad still alive? Mine recently passed away, so I got my mom a small, indoor electric grill. She loves grilled food but has no clue how to use a charcol grill. She seemed pretty impressed with it.

a special eight-course dinner  at a table overlooking the water, with a guitar player you taught a bunch of songs they love, and a piece of art for her house, delivered to the restaurant for her to receive while she's dining there

Kristastyle

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom lives in Seattle. I'm in Ca. She doesn't want a thing from me. All she wants is to see me. She's 74 and is feeling the aches of aging and seeing her mortality.

If I were you, I'd fly or drive to surprise her. Health can change on the dime. With my parents struggles, they both want to see me or hear my voice more often. Things don't mean much v showing up. Take flowers and treat her out, especially if she doesn't or can't get out much.

Buckychudd said:
Taking suggestions.
https://store.nytimes.com/products/the-ultimate-birthday-book

I bought this for my mothers last birthday.  She enjoyed it.

This 12" x 15" best seller was inspired by a New York mayor who wanted to present a personalized compendium of Times front pages to his mother for her 100th birthday. It contains the front page from a loved one's day of birth and every birthday that followed. It comes with a timeline spanning 109 years of news and cultural events; top pages from the recipient's birth year; and an array of famous Times front pages

This 12" x 15" best seller was inspired by a New York mayor who wanted to present a personalized compendium of Times front pages to his mother for her 100th birthday. It contains the front page from a loved one's day of birth and every birthday that followed. It comes with a timeline spanning 109 years of news and cultural events; top pages from the recipient's birth year; and an array of famous Times front pages
We may have a winner!

Hopefully her birthday isn't November 23, 1963.  :scared:

I ended up ordering this.  Really good suggestion thanks!

No One said:
a special eight-course dinner  at a table overlooking the water, with a guitar player you taught a bunch of songs they love, and a piece of art for her house, delivered to the restaurant for her to receive while she's dining there

Kristastyle
No One does that.

For a couple years, for Christmas, we got my mom a 'monthly-club' package where she was delivered a set of flowers every over month for a year (6 sets). It cost us ~$50 per delivery, and she loved it.

Place was Amazing Clubs. We have sent our dads wine and stuff like that. All have been very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread