What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Davante Adams Player Spotlight (1 Viewer)

Andrew Garda

After a hiatus, we're bringing the Player Spotlight threads back to the Shark Pool. For those who are new around here, the Player Spotlights are a key feature of our preseason on the site. They're in-depth looks at key players, including pros and cons, and our staff projections. For years, we also included the best commentary from the Shark Pool. A few years ago, activity in the Pool died down and commentary waned. But, we have confidence in a resurgence.

So here's the deal. Discuss your thoughts about the player in question. We'll pick the best comments from the bunch and use them (and give you credit) in the published articles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's "a whole new wooooooorld" for the Packers offense.

Gone is Jordy Nelson!  :cry:

While Davante Adams sits atop the depth chart!  :excited:

Adams did a good job last year, emerging as the number one guy, while Nelson saw a drop in targets (88, third most behind Adams' 118 and Rockin' Randall Cobb's 92). That said, Adams' numbers were all down in 2017 — his yards, yards per catch, touchdowns and receptions all dropped. Much of that was due to the horrific talent drop off from Aaron Rodgers to Brett Hundley, but the question remains: does Adams have what it takes to be a full time number one? 

In 2015, the answer was a resounding "no." This year, the Packers are betting he is seasoned and experienced enough to put up significant numbers. 
WHAT SAY YOU, SHARK POOL?  :shark:

Will Adams and Aaron Rodgers sync up like AR and Nelson did? Will Jimmy Graham take any targets away from receivers, and Adams' bottom line?  Were last year's drops in totals all Hundley or is Adams' ceiling not what we think it is?

Is Adams going to become the stud everyone expects him to be? :headbang:

Or will he wilt under the spotlight?  :sadbanana:

Thoughts and predictions below.

Might be wrong on this but i think he's a stud this year.  Top 5 wr in the making as long as rodgers stays healthy

Had him his breakout season and not gonna lie his hands looked terrible. Not sure what his drop pct was but it was frustrating watching so many balls hit him right on the hands and fall away. Full disclosure I did not watch him at all last year so he may have amended those faults but what I remember was not pretty. Can’t be anything but excited for his situation tho. 

killface said:
Might be wrong on this but i think he's a stud this year.  Top 5 wr in the making as long as rodgers stays healthy
I would be more worried about Adams staying healthy.  I am not buying at his current price and having two concussions in the span of 3 months makes me run away.  I will likely not be drafting him at his price point.

I would be more worried about Adams staying healthy.  I am not buying at his current price and having two concussions in the span of 3 months makes me run away.  I will likely not be drafting him at his price point.
Pretty much agree with this. Much more interested in Rodgers or Graham at their prices if I want part of the Packers offense.

He’s been paired with ARod in my dynasty for what seems to be an eternity, Kept him through some tough early years and Jordy. It’s now $ time. I’ll be disappointed with less than 1200/10 if ARod stays healthy. Loving life with Adams and AJ as 1A/1B. 

I got him in an FFPC style startup in 2015. I came very, very close to cutting him in the first offseason. Now he is the only player I have left from that startup. I expect big things. He is 25 years old. He has the tools to dominate with Rodgers for several more years. The concussion question *does* give me pause. Also, I think Graham only makes the offense better. 

Users who are viewing this thread