Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joe T

Name these 9 LEGENDARY FBGs and win a prize

229 posts in this topic

Are those guys all short-ish?

By the way, I was certain at first glance that at least three of those guys were woz. (Sorry GB) 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

I like cargo shorts. I find all the pockets very convenient. 

Take it to the subforum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rockaction said:

I don't generally wear them, but I'm having trouble with the venom directed at the art of the cargo fashion. They were the height of style back in college. 

:grad:

:and so today, we go forth with our diplomas in hand and cargo shorts...:  

I agree with this.  There are far worst style issues than cargo shorts.

You guys throwing heat sound like queer eye for the straight guy.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rockaction said:

I don't generally wear them, but I'm having trouble with the venom directed at the art of the cargo fashion. They were the height of style back in college. 

:grad:

:and so today, we go forth with our diplomas in hand and cargo shorts...:  

True..but so were jorts and wearing a ballcap backwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Da Guru said:

True..but so were jorts and wearing a ballcap backwards.

You could not get away with jean shorts where I went. Just not happening. Nor the ball cap backwards. It had to be a Game hat, broken in and dirty.   

I just ordered a pair of jorts, by the way. They're back. I might even roll them up into cuffs at the bottom.  

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You could not get away with jean shorts where I went. Just not happening. Nor the ball cap backwards. It had to be a Game hat, broken in and dirty.   

I just ordered a pair of jorts, by the way. They're back. I might even roll them up into cuffs at the bottom.  

Make sure you get the carpenter kind with the loop on the side.  You never know when you might need to carry your hammer.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eoMMan said:

Make sure you get the carpenter kind with the loop on the side.  You never know when you might need to carry your hammer.

Oh, I made sure of it. They're even pre-smeared with paint and double stitched for authenticity. 

(I think I'm joking here.) 

:unsure:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Make sure you get the carpenter kind with the loop on the side.  You never know when you might need to carry your hammer.

I’m always bringing the hammer, HEY-OHH!

Seriously, though, cut-offs is where it’s at

Edited by That one guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, That one guy said:

I’m always bringing the hammer, HEY-OHH!

Seriously, cut-offs is where it’s at

Worn with a white ribbed tank top undershirt.

Orange soda optional.  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, though, like mr. furley said, it's good to see guys get together and have a round of golf or two. Who cares what they wear? I know, I know, it's all in good fun to make fun of it and comes from love. But big ups to them. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

those Michelob Ultras they are drinking look mighty refreshing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Otis said:

Are those guys all short-ish?

By the way, I was certain at first glance that at least three of those guys were woz. (Sorry GB) 

I don't believe any of them top 6'0"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of something we did during the "dead months" of football over at The Huddle.  We called it "Mystery Huddler".  Someone would be the "host", and would get a series of pics from someone on the board.  The host would post said pics one by one until someone guessed who it was.  As you may imagine, the smack talk was great.

@ChiefD and @cap'n grunge can speak to the awesomeness of this.

Maybe someone should volunteer to run this here.  Trust me it was incredibly fun.

Edit to add:  the advent of Facebook may render this tougher, but I would guess not everyone here is FB friends with one another.  Maybe I'm wrong (and out of the loop?).  I'm FB friends with a couple staffers here but that's it.  :bag:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

This reminds me of something we did during the "dead months" of football over at The Huddle.  We called it "Mystery Huddler".  Someone would be the "host", and would get a series of pics from someone on the board.  The host would post said pics one by one until someone guessed who it was.  As you may imagine, the smack talk was great.

@ChiefD and @cap'n grunge can speak to the awesomeness of this.

Maybe someone should volunteer to run this here.  Trust me it was incredibly fun.

Edit to add:  the advent of Facebook may render this tougher, but I would guess not everyone here is FB friends with one another.  Maybe I'm wrong (and out of the loop?).  I'm FB friends with a couple staffers here but that's it.  :bag:

It was indeed a riot.  And sometimes inappropriate. The mystery huddler had to have a thick skin for sure. :lol:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for example, if we were mystery huddling this thing, I might say something like:

"Looks like a bunch of momos lubing up on Bud Light before they go out and lube each other up."

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Capella said:

Who is Jack? 

For some reason I thought Maxwell was 2. Who is that then? I assume scupper is 1

Hard to tell without the thumb thing, 

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Edit to add:  the advent of Facebook may render this tougher, but I would guess not everyone here is FB friends with one another.  Maybe I'm wrong (and out of the loop?).  I'm FB friends with a couple staffers here but that's it.  :bag:

Nobody likes a brown-noser, chief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

It was indeed a riot.  And sometimes inappropriate. The mystery huddler had to have a thick skin for sure. :lol:

Make sure you submit pics with your bestest haircut.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Nobody likes a brown-noser, chief.

Well, I'm staff too soooo... :oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Eminence

2. Eminence alias 1

3. Eminence alias 2

4. Eminence alias 3

5. Eminence alias 4

6. Eminence alias 5

7. Eminence alias 6

8. Eminence alias 7

9. LHUCKS

-QG

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 2:32 PM, Arizona Ron said:

Depending on the activity, I'll let a Jesus cruiser slide but no adult man should have on crocs.

I might make an exception on a boat. Don't own any but don't have a problem with my FIL wearing them on the boat. 

You can take my cargo shorts off my dead body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did get a kick out of the guy in the middle who appears to be amazed by his hand.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

I did get a kick out of the guy in the middle who appears to be amazed by his hand.

He’s a legend.  In awe of himself most likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, Joe T said:

Pic

Name 'em.  

So?? We're waiting!@#@$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is pretty funny. Maybe I should add some bonus pics.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

 

You can take my cargo shorts off my dead body. 

 

Looking at the picture, I'm pretty sure everyone understands that. 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nirad3 said:

 

@ChiefD and @cap'n grunge can speak to the awesomeness of this.

And all Huddlers of that era can speak to the awesomeness of Beakerpunk’s (I think) bride.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wilked said:

coincidentally, 90% of these guys in the photo went to March Madness together

I know there was a staff retreat in Vegas during MM this year. Rud and I both were stumbling around half in the wrapper outside before the Golden Knights game trying to introduce ourselves and we couldn't find each other. :bag:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is named Brad or Chad, I assume?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 9 remaining posters at :e: ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChiefD said:

So for example, if we were mystery huddling this thing, I might say something like:

"Looks like a bunch of momos lubing up on Bud Light before they go out and lube each other up."

Am I too late for the lube party?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TimC. said:

Am I too late for the lube party?

Oh look what the cat dragged in.  :excited:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TimC. said:

Am I too late for the lube party?

Always room for one more of your size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Everyone is named Brad or Chad, I assume?

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say for sure is the following Footballguys are definately NOT in the picture:

Sweatpantsbonerguy

Man in the Yellow Hat

Eminence

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 2:54 PM, Joe T said:

Pic

Name 'em.  

That’s @Otis double fisted in the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

All I can say for sure is the following Footballguys are definately NOT in the picture:

Sweatpantsbonerguy

Man in the Yellow Hat

Eminence

 

Where did he go? Back to college? Realized he’s too young for this board?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Where did he go? Back to college? Realized he’s too young for this board?

I have been wondering the same thing.  Not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.