What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How often do you...? (Washing) (1 Viewer)

wash your car?

• Once a week

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Once a month

Votes: 57 31.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 90 48.9%
  • Never

Votes: 20 10.9%

• Total voters

Captain Cranks

Footballguy
In this thread I will begin a 'pole' series where you are all asked how often you do something related to a certain topic.  Given this week's feet discussion, I will start with washing. 

Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.
What are you possibly driving through that you need to have them washed each day? That seems like a HUGE waste of time (and resources like water). 

I could have free car washes for life at the end of my driveway and I'm still probably not doing it more than once/week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.
What are you possibly driving through that you need to have them washed each day? That seems like a HUGE waste of time (and resources like water. 

I could have free car washes for life at the end of my driveway and I'm still probably not doing it more than once/week.
Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure: :bag:  

Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure: :bag:  
I hope you drive a Ferrari or Bentley or something of the sort. 

I’ll skip the occasional shower on the weekend but if I shower I’m washing my hair and feet

rarely floss, maybe if I’ve recently eaten corn on the cob

Hardly ever wash my car, probably been years

Wash my feet every time I shower. 

I'll skip showers every so often. 

Wash my hair every time I shower. 

Wash my car maybe once a month or two.  

Floss twice a day, but I have a bridge, so I'll miss the threader often. It's gross. Don't ever get punched in the mouth while getting mugged.  

Wash my feet every time I shower. 

I'll skip showers every so often. 

Wash my hair every time I shower. 

Wash my car maybe once a month or two.  

Floss twice a day, but I have a bridge, so I'll miss the threader often. It's gross. Don't ever get punched in the mouth while getting mugged.  
All of this except getting punched while mugged and bridges and stuff.

All of this except getting punched while mugged and bridges and stuff.
Yeah, that's a bad way to go out. Unwise. If I had to go back and do it all over, I'd just hand him the money instead of throwing a loaded sausage with onions all over his new track suit. I took a pounding. Those fists were fast.  

Novi rd car wash? :D

If by wash your hair you mean shower, than every day. It you mean actually shampooing your hair, every other day. Too much of that stuff is bad for hair health.
There's a difference between washing and rinsing.  I rinse my hair every day, but only wash it every 3rd or 4th day.  Based on the results of this poll, this crew has some unhealthy hair and stinky ### feet.  

Bs. My Hellcat is black. Cali duster. Stop wasting water.

I wash my feet and floss daily.

i rarely wash my cars. Maybe 4 times a year.

i wash my hair once a week. I had issues with dry flaky scalp and it appears to have been caused by washing it too much.. Now it’s all cleared up and I’m growing my hair long. I will still rinse it with water and use conditioner in between shampoos. 

Feet - I'd say every other day.  Sometimes I forget in the shower.  If it's the weekend and I've been wearing sandals, definitely.

Hair - every time I shower, so 5-6 times a week.  If I'm just bumming around the house on the weekend, I may not shower.  I don't stink.  

Floss - hardly ever.   :bag:

Car - probably once every 6-8 weeks.... black car so the thing looks like crap for a few weeks but it's a beater.  If/when I get a new ride I'll probably wash that sucker every week.

Specifically wash my feet?  Rarely.  I take a shower everyday, and the combination of water, soap and shampoo seems to do an effective job.  If my feet are specifically dirty for some reason, I'll wash them, but everyday grime gets taken care of on its own.

Specifically wash my feet?  Rarely.  I take a shower everyday, and the combination of water, soap and shampoo seems to do an effective job.  If my feet are specifically dirty for some reason, I'll wash them, but everyday grime gets taken care of on its own.
This. A bunch of neurotic freaks in this thread. Unless you’re working outside in sandals, I don’t get the need to scrub your feet. The soapy runoff works just fine for me. 

Hair - every other day. It’s not good to shampoo every single day. 

Car - couple times a year I suppose. It’s just not that important to me. 

People washing their feet and hair more often than flossing is a bit worrisome.
I have a Sonicare toothbrush and my dentist said that while he still recommended flossing, that the toothbrush's action was as effective as flossing.  Maybe our resident tooth care provider can chime in here.  For the record my dental health is pretty darn good cavity wise.   :oldunsure:

Yup. This is something I hadn’t really paid attention too - I rarely go out of my way to clean my feet and they seem tip top condition. Guess I’m lucky. I walk around the house in sandals and wear clean socks everyday. 

I have a Sonicare toothbrush and my dentist said that while he still recommended flossing, that the toothbrush's action was as effective as flossing.  Maybe our resident tooth care provider can chime in here.  For the record my dental health is pretty darn good cavity wise.   :oldunsure:
I might be crazy on the tooth maintenance. Use a sonicare, floss in morn usually and definitely every night. My teeth are pretty tight so the sonicare alone doesn’t get in there I think.

Feet: Not sure why you specified feet, but I wash my feet when showering, and shower an average of 6 times a week. Answered every day.

Hair: same as feet.

floss: 4-6 times a week. Answered every other day, but some weeks I'm close to every day.

Car: 1-2 times per month. Answered once a month

I might be crazy on the tooth maintenance. Use a sonicare, floss in morn usually and definitely every night. My teeth are pretty tight so the sonicare alone doesn’t get in there I think.
Do you have toothbrushing gear at work?  I do.   :bag:

Do people with gaps in their teeth need to floss? Do they use regular floss or something thicker. Maybe a shoelace?

What’s normal?  Definitely not this. ;)  

In all seriousness, I’ve been coming to these boards for a long time and this has to rank in the top 10 of most unusual things someone does.  I knew a guy once that would go weekly to get his car washed but he was borderline OCD about the cleanliness.

Users who are viewing this thread