Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Captain Cranks

How often do you...? (Washing)

How often do you...  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

In this thread I will begin a 'pole' series where you are all asked how often you do something related to a certain topic.  Given this week's feet discussion, I will start with washing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.

What are you possibly driving through that you need to have them washed each day? That seems like a HUGE waste of time (and resources like water). 

I could have free car washes for life at the end of my driveway and I'm still probably not doing it more than once/week.

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gianmarco said:
4 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.

What are you possibly driving through that you need to have them washed each day? That seems like a HUGE waste of time (and resources like water. 

I could have free car washes for life at the end of my driveway and I'm still probably not doing it more than once/week.

Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure::bag: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyday for the first three. Rarely for the car. Its going to rain soon....isnt it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure::bag: 

I hope you drive a Ferrari or Bentley or something of the sort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll skip the occasional shower on the weekend but if I shower I’m washing my hair and feet

rarely floss, maybe if I’ve recently eaten corn on the cob

Hardly ever wash my car, probably been years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IMAX 3D said:

I’ll skip the occasional shower on the weekend but if I shower I’m washing my hair and feet

rarely floss, maybe if I’ve recently eaten corn on the cob

Hardly ever wash my car, probably been years

Floss in the shower. Makes it easy to remember and easy to do as well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wash my feet every time I shower. 

I'll skip showers every so often. 

Wash my hair every time I shower. 

Wash my car maybe once a month or two.  

Floss twice a day, but I have a bridge, so I'll miss the threader often. It's gross. Don't ever get punched in the mouth while getting mugged.  

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Wash my feet every time I shower. 

I'll skip showers every so often. 

Wash my hair every time I shower. 

Wash my car maybe once a month or two.  

Floss twice a day, but I have a bridge, so I'll miss the threader often. It's gross. Don't ever get punched in the mouth while getting mugged.  

All of this except getting punched while mugged and bridges and stuff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gianmarco said:

All of this except getting punched while mugged and bridges and stuff.

Yeah, that's a bad way to go out. Unwise. If I had to go back and do it all over, I'd just hand him the money instead of throwing a loaded sausage with onions all over his new track suit. I took a pounding. Those fists were fast.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure::bag: 

Novi rd car wash? :D

Edited by Da Guru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Da Guru said:
34 minutes ago, Keerock said:

Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure::bag: 

Novi rd car wash? :D

Negative.  http://www.zippyautowash.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If by wash your hair you mean shower, than every day. It you mean actually shampooing your hair, every other day. Too much of that stuff is bad for hair health.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

If by wash your hair you mean shower, than every day. It you mean actually shampooing your hair, every other day. Too much of that stuff is bad for hair health.

There's a difference between washing and rinsing.  I rinse my hair every day, but only wash it every 3rd or 4th day.  Based on the results of this poll, this crew has some unhealthy hair and stinky ### feet.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Sell the Jeep?

Going to put it on the Facebook this weekend after a good detailing.  But she's running like a champ now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I shower at least two times a day, sometimes three. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arizona Ron said:

I shower at least two times a day, sometimes three. 

Do you use a fresh towel each of those too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keerock said:

Just the normal stuff.  40 minute commute + black car = need for wash.  Not at all a waste of time (takes maybe 5 minutes) as I drive right by the car wash daily.  As for the waste of resources... :oldunsure::bag: 

Bs. My Hellcat is black. Cali duster. Stop wasting water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Do you use a fresh towel each of those too?

If it's at my house no, at the gym of course. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Floss in the shower. Makes it easy to remember and easy to do as well. 

started doing this a couple of years ago. great hack. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Floss in the shower. Makes it easy to remember and easy to do as well. 

Instead of flossing in the shower, I go the mouthwash route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic_Man said:

Bs. My Hellcat is black. Cali duster. Stop wasting water.

If it were just dust, maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wash my feet and floss daily.

i rarely wash my cars. Maybe 4 times a year.

i wash my hair once a week. I had issues with dry flaky scalp and it appears to have been caused by washing it too much.. Now it’s all cleared up and I’m growing my hair long. I will still rinse it with water and use conditioner in between shampoos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Spike said:

Instead of flossing in the shower, I go the mouthwash route. 

Do you spit it on your feet. That'd be one way of washing your feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KCitons said:

A lot of "look at me, I have hair" posters in this thread.

You know these dudes are really just washing their comb over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, James Daulton said:

You know these dudes are really just washing their comb over.

I often wonder if people shampoo their toupee?

(Maybe Captain Cranks will cover this is a future poll?)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feet - I'd say every other day.  Sometimes I forget in the shower.  If it's the weekend and I've been wearing sandals, definitely.

Hair - every time I shower, so 5-6 times a week.  If I'm just bumming around the house on the weekend, I may not shower.  I don't stink.  

Floss - hardly ever.  :bag:

Car - probably once every 6-8 weeks.... black car so the thing looks like crap for a few weeks but it's a beater.  If/when I get a new ride I'll probably wash that sucker every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keerock said:

Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.

This seems obsessive. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Specifically wash my feet?  Rarely.  I take a shower everyday, and the combination of water, soap and shampoo seems to do an effective job.  If my feet are specifically dirty for some reason, I'll wash them, but everyday grime gets taken care of on its own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Specifically wash my feet?  Rarely.  I take a shower everyday, and the combination of water, soap and shampoo seems to do an effective job.  If my feet are specifically dirty for some reason, I'll wash them, but everyday grime gets taken care of on its own.

This. A bunch of neurotic freaks in this thread. Unless you’re working outside in sandals, I don’t get the need to scrub your feet. The soapy runoff works just fine for me. 

Hair - every other day. It’s not good to shampoo every single day. 

Car - couple times a year I suppose. It’s just not that important to me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

People washing their feet and hair more often than flossing is a bit worrisome.

I have a Sonicare toothbrush and my dentist said that while he still recommended flossing, that the toothbrush's action was as effective as flossing.  Maybe our resident tooth care provider can chime in here.  For the record my dental health is pretty darn good cavity wise.  :oldunsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Specifically wash my feet?  Rarely.  I take a shower everyday, and the combination of water, soap and shampoo seems to do an effective job.  If my feet are specifically dirty for some reason, I'll wash them, but everyday grime gets taken care of on its own.

Yup. This is something I hadn’t really paid attention too - I rarely go out of my way to clean my feet and they seem tip top condition. Guess I’m lucky. I walk around the house in sandals and wear clean socks everyday. 

Edited by The General
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

I have a Sonicare toothbrush and my dentist said that while he still recommended flossing, that the toothbrush's action was as effective as flossing.  Maybe our resident tooth care provider can chime in here.  For the record my dental health is pretty darn good cavity wise.  :oldunsure:

I might be crazy on the tooth maintenance. Use a sonicare, floss in morn usually and definitely every night. My teeth are pretty tight so the sonicare alone doesn’t get in there I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feet: Not sure why you specified feet, but I wash my feet when showering, and shower an average of 6 times a week. Answered every day.

Hair: same as feet.

floss: 4-6 times a week. Answered every other day, but some weeks I'm close to every day.

Car: 1-2 times per month. Answered once a month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

I might be crazy on the tooth maintenance. Use a sonicare, floss in morn usually and definitely every night. My teeth are pretty tight so the sonicare alone doesn’t get in there I think.

Do you have toothbrushing gear at work?  I do.  :bag:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nirad3 said:

Do you have toothbrushing gear at work?  I do.  :bag:

I don’t, brushing teeth in the public bathrooms grosses me out a bit but it’s probably a good idea. I just do the heavy swishing water thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The General said:

I might be crazy on the tooth maintenance. Use a sonicare, floss in morn usually and definitely every night. My teeth are pretty tight so the sonicare alone doesn’t get in there I think.

Do people with gaps in their teeth need to floss? Do they use regular floss or something thicker. Maybe a shoelace?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Keerock said:

Wash my cars nearly every day.  Have an "all you can wash" pass at a local car wash.

What’s normal?  Definitely not this. ;) 

In all seriousness, I’ve been coming to these boards for a long time and this has to rank in the top 10 of most unusual things someone does.  I knew a guy once that would go weekly to get his car washed but he was borderline OCD about the cleanliness.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Novi rd car wash? :D

 

9 hours ago, Keerock said:

It always amazes me how close all the FBGers live to each other in Michigan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Do people with gaps in their teeth need to floss? Do they use regular floss or something thicker. Maybe a shoelace?

 

Maybe the sonicare gets in there if you have big gaps. :lol: at shoelace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

 

It always amazes me how close all the FBGers live to each other in Michigan. 

Where you at?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.