Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The General

Sacha Baron Cohen’s new show

I’ll just put this in the Political Forum to save them the hassle of moving it later. The Borat/Ali G guy has a new spoof show coming to Showtime. Been seeing stories about it recently.

Drudge has been all over it posting multiple stories a day about it.

He’s gotten quite a list of people he’s tricked into interviews: Dick Cheney, Ted Koppel, Roy Moore, a bunch of others. 

Sarah Palin I guess got tricked, saying she was told he was a Military Veteran that was wounded in battle. Cohen responded today, in character on twitter, saying that he only said he was a Veteran of the Post Office and his only military experience was shooting at a Mexican that came on his property :lol:

Link

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, proninja said:

I can't imagine a better ad for his show than this

Whoa. It’s like it was written by the show producers.

• Like 1

Produced by: That Nigerian Prince

• Like 1

I find SBC funny and really hope he didn’t represent himself off as something that he could nailed on stolen valor 

Yes!   Can't wait.

• Like 2

OH HELL YEAH.

Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8

FollowingFollowing @ddale8

More

Utah gun rights activist says Sacha Baron Cohen, posing as an Israeli expert on teaching little kids to kill terrorists, duped her into feeding bullets into guns inside stuffed animals -- including an Uzi inside a unicorn, which he called a "Uzicorn."

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

OH HELL YEAH.

More

Utah gun rights activist says Sacha Baron Cohen, posing as an Israeli expert on teaching little kids to kill terrorists, duped her into feeding bullets into guns inside stuffed animals -- including an Uzi inside a unicorn, which he called a "Uzicorn."

:lmao::lmao:

• Like 5

Not really of fan of SBC shtick  :shrug:

I'll still probably watch highlights of the show.

54 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

OH HELL YEAH.

More

OMG

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, HellToupee said:

I find SBC funny and really hope he didn’t represent himself off as something that he could nailed on stolen valor 

He said he his character claimed to be a vet, vet of the postal service.

I’m guessing Palin would push a grandmother out of the way to get so attention these days so not too hard to trick her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

His thing can get old but when done right it’s genius. 

• Like 4

On 7/12/2018 at 11:21 PM, Henry Ford said:

He made his own InfoWars site. 

Truthbrary.org 

When I talked to my son earlier today, he mentioned that some on Twitter are suggesting that SBC might be behind #QAnon. He doesn't believe it to be true and that some are just poking fun at the QAnon folks.

If it were true, that would be sadly hilarious.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2018 at 9:16 PM, proninja said:

I can't imagine a better ad for his show than this

When I think of the forefront of support for Israel...I always think of Alabama. :lmao: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

When I talked to my son earlier today, he mentioned that some on Twitter are suggesting that SBC might be behind #QAnon. He doesn't believe it to be true and that some are just poking fun at the QAnon folks.

If it were true, that would be sadly hilarious.

That would be fantastic.

5 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Ever seen the OG Da Ali G Show? Not the movie, but the show. None of the movies were as funny as his show, IMO.

I think the guy is brilliant. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Ever seen the OG Da Ali G Show? Not the movie, but the show. None of the movies were as funny as his show, IMO.

I think the guy is brilliant. 

How you could stay in character as someone gladly stuffs bullets into an Uzi hidden inside a stuffed unicorn to "protect children" is beyond me.

No idea if I'd weep or laugh myself into a coma, but I couldn't play it straight.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

13 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The people enraged by Cohen are the same people who think James O'Keefe is a real investigative journalist. 

Thought about that dynamic earlier.

Bettng also Cohen would be fine releasing unedited versions unlike Okeefe.

In less than a month first graders can become first grenaders :lmao: 

• Like 6

How does anyone defend or still vote for those people?  It should be a part of every campaign against them.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 4

First episode was boring.  Fast forwarded through most.

The kindergarten-soldier skit was confusing.  Think the people were reading Cohen's script on a new bill.  Not sure the context.

Unreal...

Republican Rep Joe Wilson; “A three-year-old cannot defend itself from an assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it,” Wilson said. “Our Founding Fathers did not put an age limit on the Second Amendment.”

4 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Unreal...

Republican Rep Joe Wilson; “A three-year-old cannot defend itself from an assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it,” Wilson said. “Our Founding Fathers did not put an age limit on the Second Amendment.”

He blamed the Teleprompter.

Is this the same guy who yelled “you lie” during the State of the Union? 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 0:06 PM, Sinn Fein said:

Me neither but I'll probably watch this.

For those who have, are the politicians being "tricked" as they claim and many news reports are saying or are they merely being asked questions and their accurate (and reprehensible) responses being recorded?

There is a difference.

Just now, packersfan said:

Me neither but I'll probably watch this.

For those who have, are the politicians being "tricked" as they claim and many news reports are saying or are they merely being asked questions and their accurate (and reprehensible) responses being recorded?

There is a difference.

They were tricked in some ways, but they weren't tricked into giving their support to horrible ideas.  At least a couple of folks didn't just go along with SBC's premises but instead applied some critical thinking.

1 minute ago, adonis said:

They were tricked in some ways, but they weren't tricked into giving their support to horrible ideas.  At least a couple of folks didn't just go along with SBC's premises but instead applied some critical thinking.

I can appreciate being tricked into thinking a person asking you a question is someone other than who they are. But you can't be tricked into providing an answer. It's your answer regardless of who's asking the question. 

• Like 5

At least I knew Idiocracy was a movie, I don’t know if I can handle “duped” politicians being led down a path where they rationalize the arming of children...but I have to watch, loved me some Ali G, will probably like this 

25 minutes ago, packersfan said:

I can appreciate being tricked into thinking a person asking you a question is someone other than who they are. But you can't be tricked into providing an answer. It's your answer regardless of who's asking the question. 

For the most part, that segment wasn’t about questions and answers.

The duped politicians were asked to read a completely awful and ridiculous script for a promotional video off a teleprompter ... and some did.