Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The General

Sacha Baron Cohen’s new show

75 posts in this topic

Unreal...

Republican Rep Joe Wilson; “A three-year-old cannot defend itself from an assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it,” Wilson said. “Our Founding Fathers did not put an age limit on the Second Amendment.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Unreal...

Republican Rep Joe Wilson; “A three-year-old cannot defend itself from an assault rifle by throwing a Hello Kitty pencil case at it,” Wilson said. “Our Founding Fathers did not put an age limit on the Second Amendment.”

He blamed the Teleprompter.

Is this the same guy who yelled “you lie” during the State of the Union? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr., Ph.D., is claiming that he was duped into appearing in Sasha Baron Cohen’s garbage new show.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the gun sketch was scary/funny... the other ones were pretty meh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 0:06 PM, Sinn Fein said:

Not really of fan of SBC shtick  :shrug:

I'll still probably watch highlights of the show.

Me neither but I'll probably watch this.

For those who have, are the politicians being "tricked" as they claim and many news reports are saying or are they merely being asked questions and their accurate (and reprehensible) responses being recorded?

There is a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, packersfan said:

Me neither but I'll probably watch this.

For those who have, are the politicians being "tricked" as they claim and many news reports are saying or are they merely being asked questions and their accurate (and reprehensible) responses being recorded?

There is a difference.

They were tricked in some ways, but they weren't tricked into giving their support to horrible ideas.  At least a couple of folks didn't just go along with SBC's premises but instead applied some critical thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, adonis said:

They were tricked in some ways, but they weren't tricked into giving their support to horrible ideas.  At least a couple of folks didn't just go along with SBC's premises but instead applied some critical thinking.

I can appreciate being tricked into thinking a person asking you a question is someone other than who they are. But you can't be tricked into providing an answer. It's your answer regardless of who's asking the question. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least I knew Idiocracy was a movie, I don’t know if I can handle “duped” politicians being led down a path where they rationalize the arming of children...but I have to watch, loved me some Ali G, will probably like this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, packersfan said:

I can appreciate being tricked into thinking a person asking you a question is someone other than who they are. But you can't be tricked into providing an answer. It's your answer regardless of who's asking the question. 

For the most part, that segment wasn’t about questions and answers.

The duped politicians were asked to read a completely awful and ridiculous script for a promotional video off a teleprompter ... and some did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anything it showed that some politicians are stupid, gullible and are basically just puppets for higher causes. What kind of an idiot do you have to be to agree to read those things? Probably the kind of idiot that is very used to be given a script by someone else. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

For the most part, that segment wasn’t about questions and answers.

The duped politicians were asked to read a completely awful and ridiculous script for a promotional video off a teleprompter ... and some did.

Thanks. It would appear the ones who did were not duped into saying something they didn't agree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Me neither but I'll probably watch this.

For those who have, are the politicians being "tricked" as they claim and many news reports are saying or are they merely being asked questions and their accurate (and reprehensible) responses being recorded?

There is a difference.

Just like when you get tricked when the girl you brought home from the bar has more down below than you bargained for, you just roll with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

Just like when you get tricked when the girl you brought home from the bar has more down below than you bargained for, you just roll with it. 

Pretty sure that's what the guy in The Crying Game did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Layla @safavilayla

Remember when Sacha Cohen trick interviewed a Palestinian Christian for his movie Bruno, told him it was to show people what life is like in the Palestinian territories, and instead described him as a terrorist and likened his non-violent resistance to Al-Qaeda. What a hoot, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Layla @safavilayla

Remember when Sacha Cohen trick interviewed a Palestinian Christian for his movie Bruno, told him it was to show people what life is like in the Palestinian territories, and instead described him as a terrorist and likened his non-violent resistance to Al-Qaeda. What a hoot, lol.

That was ten years ago and the guy had formerly been the member of a militia group.  If this is the best you've got the guy is a saint.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched it. 

The beginning was somewhat funny, the dinner with the Trump supporters very funny, the Laguna Beach art scene disgusting and didn’t work. 

The Israeli gun sequence was simply devastating, not particularly funny but exposing the extremism of certain members of the “pro-gun” movement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the tall, lanky and moustached presenter seemed a little odd, who were they to question the ways of the world of television? They said nothing when this rather manic Borat character installed a cow in one of their homes, or was filmed being transported in a car, which, although perfectly serviceable, should, he insisted, be pulled along by a horse.

But then the villagers of Glod were not to know that Borat, aka the comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, was not making a documentary but a comedy film, with some of the laughs very much at their expense. 

In it, Glod and its residents would play the part of Borat's home town in Kazakhstan. Only when watching the film on the small, crackly TV in their local bar, did the truth start to dawn: here they were, portrayed as a backward group of rapists, abortionists and prostitutes, who happily also engage in casual incest. 

One local girl, 'cast' as Borat's sister, is described as the 'number-four prostitute in the whole of Kazakhstan'. An elderly lady unwittingly plays the part of Borat's '47-year-old' mother. The village mechanic is cast as the local abortionist. All of them were dumbfounded - their horror captured by a TV crew who returned to Glod to witness the aftermath of the Borat bandwagon for a forthcoming documentary. In Storyville: When Borat Came To Town, they show the fallout among villagers as they confront their humiliation and try to seek legal recompense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1078446/We-hate-Borat-The-poor-Romanian-villagers-humiliated-Sacha-Baron-Cohens-spoof-documentary.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

If the tall, lanky and moustached presenter seemed a little odd, who were they to question the ways of the world of television? They said nothing when this rather manic Borat character installed a cow in one of their homes, or was filmed being transported in a car, which, although perfectly serviceable, should, he insisted, be pulled along by a horse.

But then the villagers of Glod were not to know that Borat, aka the comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, was not making a documentary but a comedy film, with some of the laughs very much at their expense. 

In it, Glod and its residents would play the part of Borat's home town in Kazakhstan. Only when watching the film on the small, crackly TV in their local bar, did the truth start to dawn: here they were, portrayed as a backward group of rapists, abortionists and prostitutes, who happily also engage in casual incest. 

One local girl, 'cast' as Borat's sister, is described as the 'number-four prostitute in the whole of Kazakhstan'. An elderly lady unwittingly plays the part of Borat's '47-year-old' mother. The village mechanic is cast as the local abortionist. All of them were dumbfounded - their horror captured by a TV crew who returned to Glod to witness the aftermath of the Borat bandwagon for a forthcoming documentary. In Storyville: When Borat Came To Town, they show the fallout among villagers as they confront their humiliation and try to seek legal recompense.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1078446/We-hate-Borat-The-poor-Romanian-villagers-humiliated-Sacha-Baron-Cohens-spoof-documentary.html

That is my one major issue with Borat. He should have gotten actors for that stuff. There was nothing about those scenes that required any authenticity. It is one thing to "trick" politicians, actors, self help gurus or even American Spring Breakers. It's another thing to go into a small village where English isn't even spoken. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

That was ten years ago and the guy had formerly been the member of a militia group.  If this is the best you've got the guy is a saint.

For his next role, he should reprise an IDF soldier, comically gunning down subhuman Palestinian filth as they try to escape from their concentration camp.  Bravo Sacha!  👏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

For his next role, he should reprise an IDF soldier, comically gunning down subhuman Palestinian filth as they try to escape from their concentration camp.  Bravo Sacha!  👏

This is pretty pathetic even for you. It's like saying for your next role you should execute journalists and throw homosexuals into prison because you're sympathetic towards Russia.   Bravo Ren!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

That is my one major issue with Borat. He should have gotten actors for that stuff. There was nothing about those scenes that required any authenticity. It is one thing to "trick" politicians, actors, self help gurus or even American Spring Breakers. It's another thing to go into a small village where English isn't even spoken. 

He also plays to cheap stereotypes.  He's far from perfect, and honestly sometimes not that funny.

But so long as he targets politicians, especially those that have been supportive of or benefited from the work of James O'Keefe and Project Veritas? God bless.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing what we've learned about neuroscience by studying the Wiz Khalifa.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Amazing what we've learned about neuroscience by studying the Wiz Khalifa.  

And who knew bands were taking names from pheromones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

This is pretty pathetic even for you.

That's really saying something there.  But Cohen is a pretty brazen Zionist and doesn't seem to have any problem dehumanizing arabs in his films.  With such an upside down human rights atrocity going on over there it's kind of reprehensible someone like that is still held up in the limelight.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

That's really saying something there.  But Cohen is a pretty brazen Zionist and doesn't seem to have any problem dehumanizing arabs in his films.  With such an upside down human rights atrocity going on over there it's kind of reprehensible someone like that is still held up in the limelight.  

He mocks everyone.  He's a comedian.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Amazing what we've learned about neuroscience by studying the Wiz Khalifa.  

The Cardi B neural pathway can finally get the attention it deserves

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

That's really saying something there.  But Cohen is a pretty brazen Zionist and doesn't seem to have any problem dehumanizing arabs in his films.  With such an upside down human rights atrocity going on over there it's kind of reprehensible someone like that is still held up in the limelight.  

If I was an Assange supporter and a Trump apologist I'd probably think twice about painting people with such a broad brush based on a single political belief.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 9:47 AM, TobiasFunke said:

If I was an Assange supporter and a Trump apologist I'd probably think twice about painting people with such a broad brush based on a single political belief.

Especially when the paint is actually poop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia Rep Jason Spencer omg what is wrong with that man? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expected this to be funny but the episode I saw was brutal. Borat isn’t what he used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 2 was entertaining enough, but you won’t like it if you didn’t like episode 1. The first one was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

Georgia Rep Jason Spencer omg what is wrong with that man? 

(R)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.