Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Anarchy99

2018 Anarchy Leagues - They're Happening

Recommended Posts

In for L6 and ABLC. If you plan on consolidating leagues - and I wouldn't blame you - you can slot me in wherever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in for whatever leagues you need me in...think I was in some and subbed in or took over for others...

FWIW...I would suggest that in order to participate you have to sign up to get the TEXT ALERT WHEN YOU ARE OTC....

thank you for doing these...ton of fun...and I will help where I can....

and I like bourbon

 

Edited by Stinkin Ref
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

To better explain, running these leagues is mentally draining (in addition to taking up a lot of time). Ask bueno how it is to keep No Mercy afloat. It can take me 5 or 6 tries to get folks out of hibernation just to check in and commit to a league. Of course, if I replace someone and start a draft, then the original team owner has a conniption and wants me to give the new team the old heave-ho.

Or I can set a league up and turn on the draft and people go AWOL to start the draft and the other owners want to decapitate them and have them replaced. The next issue has always been what happens when someone disappears. A few times I have started drafts and had to replace 4 owners while everyone else sat around (but it took a while to figure that I needed to replace 4 teams).

If I turn the timer on, each round people will miss picks and we've tried having the MFL system award a player (which usually will be a guy already on IR). Given that is forcing a 0 on a roster spot in a total points league, that is a death knell.

If I pick a player for that team, half the time the owner has an aneurysm that I picked the wrong player and then drops out mid draft. Or other owners will send me fan mail saying how dare I give TEAM X that player, that's who they were going to pick next!

When I've tried letting owners make a replacement pick for a computer generated pick, I have had people that may have already drafted their pick after that spot say they would rather have had the player thrown back into the free agent pool to be picked from.

I will probably still figure a way to do these again, but it's going to take some Xanax and bourbon to make it through.

 

bolded all in one thread....impressive but accurate...more bourbon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you don't require signing up for the test alert...and you have missed picks you could do this

1st missed pick....replaced with a PK (if possible due to lineup restrictions)

2nd missed pick ....replaced with a PK (if possible due to lineup restrictions)

3rd missed pick....replaced by DST(if possible due to lineup restrictions)

4th missed pick....replaced by DST (if possible due to lineup restrictions)

5th missed pick....no replacement pick...SOL

so even if it's third round and they miss a pick...they get a PK in the third...no crying....at least they got something....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

if you don't require signing up for the test alert...and you have missed picks you could do this

1st missed pick....replaced with a PK (if possible due to lineup restrictions)

2nd missed pick ....replaced with a PK (if possible due to lineup restrictions)

3rd missed pick....replaced by DST(if possible due to lineup restrictions)

4th missed pick....replaced by DST (if possible due to lineup restrictions)

5th missed pick....no replacement pick...SOL

so even if it's third round and they miss a pick...they get a PK in the third...no crying....at least they got something....

But whichever team this happens to is essentially out of the running before the season even starts (if it's a league with half competent owners). That's been part of the issue for years. So the goal should be more focused on getting people committed to making timely picks . . . not punishing people for being out on drunken benders with call girls and platinum Amex cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

But whichever team this happens to is essentially out of the running before the season even starts (if it's a league with half competent owners). That's been part of the issue for years. So the goal should be more focused on getting people committed to making timely picks . . . not punishing people for being out on drunken benders with call girls and platinum Amex cards.

requiring text message alert eliminates 98% of this....and there are no excuses....if you don't want to sign up for the alert, then you don't participate...

how you chose to deal with the 2% that still miss a pick is up to you....lots of options

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

requiring text message alert eliminates 98% of this....and there are no excuses....if you don't want to sign up for the alert, then you don't participate...

how you chose to deal with the 2% that still miss a pick is up to you....lots of options

Firing squad had come to mind in the past.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could just fire them from the Anarchy Leagues. Or relegate them all to the slow league, which is full of people who have a history of timing out on their picks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am in as defending champ from league 7.  Thank you for running The Anarchy leagues all these yrs.  I can imagine how thankless a task this is and completely understand if u decide to end them.

 

? Grim 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, Anarchy99 said:

But whichever team this happens to is essentially out of the running before the season even starts (if it's a league with half competent owners). That's been part of the issue for years. So the goal should be more focused on getting people committed to making timely picks . . . not punishing people for being out on drunken benders with call girls and platinum Amex cards.

At some point, you have to cut your losses. It’s a free league, and I would say you’re seriously inflating people’s expectations by your high standards. I would explain the rules upfront (set your own pre-rankings, auto draft if you miss your pick), and ignore the complainers. I get this will result in a few bad picks. So be it. In a league of 16 teams a few bad picks may mean 13 teams are in it - which is plenty enough competition. More likely, given injuries and weird things happening, it’s not even going to be that much of a handicap.

Separately, I also think some folks’ expectations are unrealistic. I think you give  plenty of time to make picks, and then half the league complains the draft is too slow and (apparently) the others complain when they run out of time. Just declare you’re going with the way it’s setup, and let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. Many thanks for running these leagues. I’ve gotten hours of enjoyment out of them - at times in totally unexpected ways. I know how much effort it takes - and I  really appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What say the masses on the following idea: owners that miss a pick will get an auto pick from MFL. If that results in an illegal roster or if they want to replace that pick, they can only do so from the remaining free agents AFTER the draft has been completed. That way if a team gets stuck with someone on IR, they can at least swap out for someone else but after the cupboards are pretty bare. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

What say the masses on the following idea: owners that miss a pick will get an auto pick from MFL. If that results in an illegal roster or if they want to replace that pick, they can only do so from the remaining free agents AFTER the draft has been completed. That way if a team gets stuck with someone on IR, they can at least swap out for someone else but after the cupboards are pretty bare. 

Why not simply configure MFL to only be able to autodraft a valid roster? Am I mistaken in thinking that option exists (by enforcing roster starting requirements)? The challenge with allowing FAs after the draft is that it could turn into an advantage, as more info becomes available (e.g. kicker getting released or injuries / suspensions happening).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuds, isn't there an option where if someone misses their pick, the Draft just continues to move right  along, and they can just make their skipped pick whenever the next time they log in? Keep things simple, is my opinion: miss your pick, pay a price. Draft moves on, Owner makes pick from what's available when he gets back in the Draft Room.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Yuds, isn't there an option where if someone misses their pick, the Draft just continues to move right  along, and they can just make their skipped pick whenever the next time they log in? Keep things simple, is my opinion: miss your pick, pay a price. Draft moves on, Owner makes pick from what's available when he gets back in the Draft Room.

Agree with Nittany Lion here, but would also be fine with the replace undesired pick after draft, with the caveat that it is immediately after the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

Yuds, isn't there an option where if someone misses their pick, the Draft just continues to move right  along, and they can just make their skipped pick whenever the next time they log in? Keep things simple, is my opinion: miss your pick, pay a price. Draft moves on, Owner makes pick from what's available when he gets back in the Draft Room.

The issue in the past has been when someone misses a pick, emails me a replacement pick, I don’t get to my email right away, and the player gets picked by someone else. Now what? Make the owner that picked that player re-pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

What say the masses on the following idea: owners that miss a pick will get an auto pick from MFL. If that results in an illegal roster or if they want to replace that pick, they can only do so from the remaining free agents AFTER the draft has been completed. That way if a team gets stuck with someone on IR, they can at least swap out for someone else but after the cupboards are pretty bare. 

I don't think that can reasonably fix illegal rosters. Let's say someone goes all-QB strategy and they take two QBs in the first two rounds, then miss their third round pick, and MFL assigns them a QB. (Or a fourth TE, or a sixth RB, etc.) They can swap it out, but then a potentially valuable player is not available to anyone else in the league. 

I think it could work for "oh but I didn't want that guy" situations, with the answer being "too bad."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CalBear said:

I don't think that can reasonably fix illegal rosters. Let's say someone goes all-QB strategy and they take two QBs in the first two rounds, then miss their third round pick, and MFL assigns them a QB. (Or a fourth TE, or a sixth RB, etc.) They can swap it out, but then a potentially valuable player is not available to anyone else in the league. 

I think it could work for "oh but I didn't want that guy" situations, with the answer being "too bad."

I have found the MFL system to be fairly unintelligent. For situations where the player selected automatically creates an illegal roster, I could manually insert a place filler until after the draft. Like inserting Barry Sanders for example. That way the player selected would go back into the player pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

The issue in the past has been when someone misses a pick, emails me a replacement pick, I don’t get to my email right away, and the player gets picked by someone else. Now what? Make the owner that picked that player re-pick?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

What I mean is, isnt there a way that an Owner can time out, the Draft move along, and they make their pick themselves from what's available when they show back up?

For example, I have the 1.02, and I don't show during my window...the draft moves along, 1.03 and 1.04 make.their picks. I log onto the site, and I make my missed pick, filling my 1.02 slot, hoping all the time that I don't get pushed back further by an eager, ambitious or just plain responsible 1.06, 1.07, etc. while going through the process.

That doesn't involve you, doesn't involve e-mails, doesn't slow down, stall or stop the draft. Can't I just make my own skipped pick whenever I show up? Like in a live draft: if I have to go to the can and wind up talking up some hottie and my league mates decide to proceed without me, I come back in and backfill my empty space from what's left when I show up...doesn't mfl offer that option?

Edited by nittanylion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nittanylion said:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.

What I mean is, isnt there a way that an Owner can time out, the Draft move along, and they make their pick themselves from what's available when they show back up?

For example, I have the 1.02, and I don't show during my window...the draft moves along, 1.03 and 1.04 make.their picks. I log onto the site, and I make my missed pick, filling my 1.02 slot, hoping all the time that I don't get pushed back further by an eager, ambitious or just plain responsible 1.06, 1.07, etc. while going through the process.

That doesn't involve you, doesn't involve e-mails, doesn't slow down, stall or stop the draft. Can't I just make my own skipped pick whenever I show up? Like in a live draft: if I have to go to the can and wind up talking up some hottie and my league mates decide to proceed without me, I come back in and backfill my empty space from what's left when I show up...doesn't mfl offer that option?

The short answer is no. The longer answer is, a team can only pick if the system has a team listed as the team on the clock. So the only way for a missed or skipped pick to be made up is for the commission to either manually make the change or manually make that team that missed the pick go back on the clock to pick. An owner cannot log in and make a make up pick on his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The short answer is no. The longer answer is, a team can only pick if the system has a team listed as the team on the clock. So the only way for a missed or skipped pick to be made up is for the commission to either manually make the change or manually make that team that missed the pick go back on the clock to pick. An owner cannot log in and make a make up pick on his own.

There is but it is giving up control of the draft as everyone can sigh in as commish. Or maybe assign a few people who can change a missed pick. 

the Survivor leagues basically do this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Crippler said:

There is but it is giving up control of the draft as everyone can sigh in as commish. Or maybe assign a few people who can change a missed pick. 

the Survivor leagues basically do this. 

Technically we would both be right, as only someone logged in as commissioner could make the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, if they miss their pick and then their replacement pick is taken before you can get to it, then they are SOL. It is not that hard to log in at least twice a day. Especially now with smartphones. I understand runs go on, but it isn't difficult to set up at least 1 pick (maybe two if you are at the turn). And also, if you ***** at someone for not correcting your mistake, what kind of person are you?

Edited by montana_grizzly_bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Technically we would both be right, as only someone logged in as commissioner could make the change.

So, if you had help, they could commish a league by them selves?

Kinda like the No Mercy Leagues have more than one.

Maybe then a 1/5TH would be enough, Nah!

 

Edited by There it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, Anarchy99 said:

Snellman - OUT

Thank you for doing these all these years.  These truly were some of the leagues I enjoyed the most from a draft and forget perspective.  Unfortunately, real life between new job, family and possibly building a house is taking way to much of my time to give these drafts the dedication they need.  If more owners were as honest with themselves you wouldn't have the headaches that you have.  Good luck to all of the teams this year and maybe next year will be a different story for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In for all if you're still doing these.

If not, then in for the bourbon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will give these leagues a shot, but it would be helpful if someone else can chase down those that have not checked in. I will worry about Love Child after these get up and running.

LEAGUE 1:
Renesauz - IN
BassNBrew - IN
Genester - IN
Maggot Brain - IN
eNdblu - IN
bron1cos - IN
Stinkin' Ref - IN
bueno - IN
Getinthemix - IN
David Yudkin - IN
Fiddles - IN
Jason Wood - IN
Aaron Rudnicki - IN
Dickey Moe - IN
BroncoFreak 2K3 - ADDED
TripItUp - ADDED

BroadwayG - OUT
Hear-the-Footsteps - ??? (Last visit - 10/26/17)

LEAGUE 2
rzrback77 - IN
Biabreakable - IN
BroncoFreak_2K3 - IN
nittanylion - IN
Stinkin' Ref - IN
There It Is - IN
Duckboy - IN
Coordinator - IN
Anarchy99 - IN
Norseman - IN
CalBear - IN
JeremyX13 - IN
Just Win Baby - IN
Fiddles - IN
Reaper - IN
Firstseason1988 - IN (From League 3)
Sinrman - OUT

LEAGUE 3
ZWK - IN
jhexel - IN
Maggot Brain - IN
ryheaps - IN
Blinky The Three Eyed Fish - IN
5Rings - IN
Dreamers - IN
BassNBrew - IN
Crippler - IN
HellToupee - IN
TheGrimReaper - IN (From League 7)
BoltNLava - IN (From League 7)
Kutta - IN (From League 7)
JeremyX13 - IN (From League 7)
swabs - IN (From League 7)
Pigskin Fanatic - NEW - Returning

Yellow Snow - ???
[icon] - OUT
Fiddles - OUT
Sinrman - OUT
Cockroach - OUT

LEAGUE 4
BroncoFreak_2K3 - IN
Arodin - IN
jhexel - IN
indyram96 - IN
Montana Grizzly Bears - IN
Crippler - IN
Busman - IN
ryheaps - IN
Hail To The Victors - IN
HellToupee - IN
Kam2 - IN
ShadowFax - IN (L7)
Mr. Landry - NEW
ridicule - NEW
Cobalt Cruisin' - Extra team
Go DC Yourself - Extra team

BroncoCountry - ???
It'sOnlyTheRiver - OUT
RunItUp - OUT
Snellman - OUT
Grigs Allmoon - OUT

LEAGUE 6
GoDCYourself - IN
Ruffrodys - IN
CobaltCruisin' - IN
Hawkeye21 - IN
Mr. Irrelevant - IN
Biabreakable - IN
bron1cos - IN
ryheaps - IN
Genester - IN
Extreme-mortgage - IN
Griggs Allmoon - IN
Jason Wood - IN
Ben & Jerry's - IN
Crippler - IN (L6)
BassNBrew - IN (L6)
HellToupee - IN (L6)

mikeya2k - ??? (Last visit - 9/13/17)
Winning Ugly - ???
It'sOnlyTheRiver - OUT

LEAGUE 7
TheGrimReaper - IN (L3)
BoltNLava - IN (L3)
Kutta - IN (L3)
JeremyX13 - IN (L3)
swabs - IN (L3)
Crippler - IN (L6)
BassNBrew - IN (L6)
HellToupee - IN (L6)
ShadowFax - IN (L4)
TLD44 - ???
Freeanyong - ???
SantaRosaUte - ??? (Last visit - 9/1/17)
Lott's Fingertip - ???
VA703 - ???
Kruppe - OUT
Las Vegas Gamblers - OUT

OTHER
Pigskin Fanatic - NEW - L3
Mr. Landry - NEW - L4
ridicule - NEW - L4
Cobalt Cruisin' - Extra team
Go DC Yourself - Extra team

And it would be helpful if when people try to communicate with me either on the boards, by PM, or by email that they include their team name and the league(s) that they are in. Getting an email from a person saying "In for all my leagues" means I have to research individual leagues to match the email address and then look up all the league rosters to see which leagues that owner is in. It takes you guys 3 seconds to contact me but 5-10 minutes for me to figure out who you are. I don't remember people by their names . . . and some owners have different team names than board names on top of it.

I will send out one more check in email for each league, but beyond that I really am not up for chasing people down to see if they are participating again.

Edited by Anarchy99
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listed what I have for info a couple of posts up, so it's probably easier for people to just check to see if their status is accurate. If you are changing something (IN to OUT, ??? to IN, IN for League 2 but OUT for League 7, etc.) then you should post an update. If I have you listed properly, no need to post again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bailed on all of my other leagues but I will do these.  Thanks David.  Sorry for the late reply.

Fiddles in for League 1 and 2.  Out for League 3. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David. I can do more if that is needed. 3 or 6. Takes about same amount of time and being disabled gives me time 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nittanylion said:

15 out of 16 returnees for League 2...THAT is what defines a LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS!!!

This struck me as a Trump Tweet. And yes, we all stand for the anthem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in for league 6 (preferably) and out for league 4.

I'm even more interested in sticking in BLC.

Edited by Grigs Allmoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.