What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Anarchy Leagues - They're Happening (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Is there enough interest to keep these going? I can't say that I would really miss them. What say the masses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there enough interest to keep these going? I can't say that I would really miss them. What say the masses?
Well it is a lot of work for you that you likely wouldn't miss.

I am interested in participating. I enjoy the banter of the league of champions and I like the tradition of it.

Well it is a lot of work for you that you likely wouldn't miss.

I am interested in participating. I enjoy the banter of the league of champions and I like the tradition of it.
I don't mind the banter and football talk. But the name calling, people screaming over how long the drafts take, and people dropping out mid-draft are no fun and border-line intolerable.

I don't mind the banter and football talk. But the name calling, people screaming over how long the drafts take, and people dropping out mid-draft are no fun and border-line intolerable.
I will think of some new names to call you this year. Promise.  ;)

I enjoy them.

IN for League 3 if it's running.

We know it's a lot of work for you and we appreciate that. Thank you for all I have learned by playing in these leagues. There is no better prep for the reg seasons' drafts, as these leagues.

In League 2 The League of Champions.

I'd be in for league 2. I'm not sure it makes sense for you to run 6 or 8 leagues, but there is a bit of history with the originals.

Definitely IN if you do them, and I would hope you do.  Easy to say from the side of someone who merely benefits from your hard work.

If it would help you to farm off some of the league management elements, I am sure a lot of us (myself included) would be willing to help out.

My take is there are a lot of folks tht think they want to be in and join, but are unwilling to pay enough attention.

i really enjoy your leagues and hope that they will be be back this season. 

A possible solution is running fewer leagues limiting the exposure.

definitely in as Returning Champion for league of champions (2).

If you run them again I am in (League 4 and BC). If you decide it is too much I truly appreciate being able to take part in them in the past. Thank you for all that you did with them. 

Seems Anarchy leagues 1 to 4 usually have the most reliable owners year over year. Why not just stick with 4 leagues and save yourself the headache with no show owners with expansion.

In if you do them, though I'll be traveling July 23 to 27 and not sure of access from Canada on my phone.

Edited to add that I was in league 6.

Sorry all.  Been too busy this year to really get involved in things.  This was one of my favorite leagues, despite rarely doing well in them, because of the uniqueness.  But I won't be able to.  I'd only hold things up over and over.  So, I'm OUT.

I can do it, so long as we finish by Labor Day weekend. Anybody here interested in the last few openings in No Mercy?

In for as many as you are willing to do, especially in leagues I have done for years. Thanks for doing all the hard work.

To better explain, running these leagues is mentally draining (in addition to taking up a lot of time). Ask bueno how it is to keep No Mercy afloat. It can take me 5 or 6 tries to get folks out of hibernation just to check in and commit to a league. Of course, if I replace someone and start a draft, then the original team owner has a conniption and wants me to give the new team the old heave-ho.

Or I can set a league up and turn on the draft and people go AWOL to start the draft and the other owners want to decapitate them and have them replaced. The next issue has always been what happens when someone disappears. A few times I have started drafts and had to replace 4 owners while everyone else sat around (but it took a while to figure that I needed to replace 4 teams).

If I turn the timer on, each round people will miss picks and we've tried having the MFL system award a player (which usually will be a guy already on IR). Given that is forcing a 0 on a roster spot in a total points league, that is a death knell.

If I pick a player for that team, half the time the owner has an aneurysm that I picked the wrong player and then drops out mid draft. Or other owners will send me fan mail saying how dare I give TEAM X that player, that's who they were going to pick next!

When I've tried letting owners make a replacement pick for a computer generated pick, I have had people that may have already drafted their pick after that spot say they would rather have had the player thrown back into the free agent pool to be picked from.

I will probably still figure a way to do these again, but it's going to take some Xanax and bourbon to make it through.

In again.....gonna win it this year!!!!

Was in 6 and ******* Love Child (8) last year. Will go anywhere needed.

To better explain, running these leagues is mentally draining (in addition to taking up a lot of time). Ask bueno how it is to keep No Mercy afloat. It can take me 5 or 6 tries to get folks out of hibernation just to check in and commit to a league. Of course, if I replace someone and start a draft, then the original team owner has a conniption and wants me to give the new team the old heave-ho.

Or I can set a league up and turn on the draft and people go AWOL to start the draft and the other owners want to decapitate them and have them replaced. The next issue has always been what happens when someone disappears. A few times I have started drafts and had to replace 4 owners while everyone else sat around (but it took a while to figure that I needed to replace 4 teams).

If I turn the timer on, each round people will miss picks and we've tried having the MFL system award a player (which usually will be a guy already on IR). Given that is forcing a 0 on a roster spot in a total points league, that is a death knell.

If I pick a player for that team, half the time the owner has an aneurysm that I picked the wrong player and then drops out mid draft. Or other owners will send me fan mail saying how dare I give TEAM X that player, that's who they were going to pick next!

When I've tried letting owners make a replacement pick for a computer generated pick, I have had people that may have already drafted their pick after that spot say they would rather have had the player thrown back into the free agent pool to be picked from.

I will probably still figure a way to do these again, but it's going to take some Xanax and bourbon to make it through.
This is terrible. I can't believe people act like this in a free league. Sorry buddy....

I've missed picks and got timed out the last couple of years.   If it's that much of a headache I should totally bow out.

In as enjoy this. Can do whatever to help keep these successful. Think I have been in the past

for 3, 4, 7

League 4 almost definitely out.

Really enjoyed these leagues but my health has taken a turn recently gonna be dealing with it next 6-12 months most likely.

Thanks for the time effort youve contributed in making these possible.

I was in 4 and blc.  Definitely IN again, assuming you run them.  Not married to being in 4...happy to be slotted into whichever one needs filling.

I am in League 7. If they keep going great, I am in but if they stop, I'm cool with that too. I'm in 42 other leagues and have been drafting since before the NFL Draft. 

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread