What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ben McAdoo's Big Mouthadoo (1 Viewer)

Is McAdoo trying to help motivate the players he is calling out or does he simply have a bad case of

• Trying to help

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Logorrhea

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters

Hairy Snowman

Footballguy
Guessing the ones that called out by name want to speak to him personally.

I think Soldier may player better this year than he would have.  Flowers "can't" bend? How can this not be bulletin board material for the Giants (the O - Line at least) all season? 

Calling out the Eagles?  He is right that the Eagles play best as underdogs, but they wont handle being champions?  He just made them feel like underdogs again.  

Washington is Washington? 

What a ultra maroon....or is he?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-giants-coach-ben-mcadoo-burns-eagles-redskins-flowers-solder-in-return-interview/  

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah he's a moron alright, he drove the Giants into the ground, the GM didn't help any either.

but he might be right in saying that the Giants will make the playoffs this season - they have great weapons, and now Barkley. the ineptitude shown by McAdoo is the stuff of legend, but this almost feels like Jeff Fisher leaving the Rams and they immediately see an incredible turn around..

we'll see how it goes.he's right about Philly too..they play the underdog role really well..wasn't Rocky an underdog too? just sayin'..Washington IS Washington which means they're an underacheiving bunch led by an incompetent coach , just as they have been for decades. Gibbs' return failed. The Ole Ball Coach failed.Shanny failed. Gruden has failed. they look the same today as they have for the past 25-30 years, since Gibbs v1.0..bad ownership bad drafts bad coaching hires, bad free agent signings.

One of, if not, the worst coach of all time. The fact that he got a HOFer in Coughlin run out of town for fear of losing him makes it that much worse. The only coaches in my lifetime I would debate putting higher than him are Rod Marinelli and Marty Morhinwhig. 

Just thought he was speaking like a someone who finally got the muzzle off.  If he talks that brutally honest and opinionated going forward he's just the kind of person I'd like to see get a studio gig.

Put McAdoo aside, it would be interesting to read off the record quotes from coaches about other coaches. For instance, I was listening to Sirius and Adam Caplan said that other coaches in the league thought Lazor was a below average play caller. I would love to get more of this type of information. 

Other than the Philly thing that’s obviously pure speculation, I don’t find much wrong with what he said.

Other than the Philly thing that’s obviously pure speculation, I don’t find much wrong with what he said.
I think he was just lazy in his analysis. He couldn't poke holes specifically with the Eagles Team so he just decided that they couldn't handle success was a good reason that the Giants would win the division. Washington being Washington is just lazy. There are plenty of things you could say about the deficiencies of the Redskins, he chose to not point out any of them. He looks and comes off as a total goof.

Users who are viewing this thread