What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (1 Viewer)

Enjoying it so far.. the story line of the past (native Americans), the current (Costner's family and his land) and the future (development of the land) is pretty good. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show so far.  A ton of storylines to follow.  No one is a good or bad guy it makes it pretty interesting.  Oh, and bewbs in the horse trough. 

It's alright.  There have been several cringe worthy scenes so far.

The dinosaur dig
The crazy red head running into the wilderness where the animals were feedin

The boy killing the rattlesnake

The whip to the face

The bar scene

Not good.  I may tap next week.
Loved the whip to the face.. guy deserved the beating and the "Black Train Ride" he got..

Agree on the bar scene with Developer nonsense.. I get it, she has him on a leash and wanted to let him know it but dam that was stupid. Her role last week was infinity times better ;)

Colon surgery.. 2 feet removed, a week later out there breaking wild horses :shock:

After the wife and I watched the previews we both looked at each other and said "I have no idea what next week is about" :confused:

I thought this was going to be one of those 10 episode mini-series type but I guess it is being renewed for another season so who knows.  It's been entertaining so far. 

Lots of hatred on that ranch... Son hates Dad, Dad detests daughter but needs her help, Ranch hand hates Owners Son... Brother thinks daughter is a worthless POS...

The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend sure is going to make for an interesting partnership.

and if it seemed the one son had a chip on his shoulder before, losing his wife might just drive him over the final edge. :oldunsure:

Season 2 picked right up with the same intensity that season 1 ended with.. Our favorite show on TV right now. :thumbup:

Only part I didn't like was they seem to have now written off the cancer as a misdiagnosed Ulcer.. :oldunsure:

Last night was pretty good - I am hoping for some improvement in season two - most the scenes with the grandson were awful.  And the daughter was pretty bad as well.

But writing off cancer as an ulcer - pretty bad but I think they are doing a reset on the stroylone

What is the purpose of the sister stabbing the brother in the leg with a knife at the dinner table?   I think the show is wasting too much time on that brother/sister hate relationship.  

What is the purpose of the sister stabbing the brother in the leg with a knife at the dinner table?   I think the show is wasting too much time on that brother/sister hate relationship.  
The sister character is written so over the top.

There's some good elements of the show - but the sister is not one of them - horrible character - unless you just think she is insane

Another horrible scene - 5 guys are in a standoff outside the main house - and nobody sees Costner riding his horse all the way to run over one of the guys.

I am in through the end of season 2 - we will see beyond that.

The July 24 episode was brutal.  I get that they are trying to manufacture drama in an environment likely void of drama - but they are going way over board.

And then they write a 15 minute commercial into the show to promote their new reality series.

The only positive is they have learned to keep the grandson off camera.

I am in through the end of season 2 - we will see beyond that.

The July 24 episode was brutal.  I get that they are trying to manufacture drama in an environment likely void of drama - but they are going way over board.

And then they write a 15 minute commercial into the show to promote their new reality series.

The only positive is they have learned to keep the grandson off camera.
Not sure which part you are talking about here.. Can't be the reporter part as, In my opinion,  that has the potential for some great drama. :popcorn:

If you are talking about the scene at the The Jenkins house then yea, I agree..
In fact, other then the producers feel he adds "Drama" to the show, the Dutton's letting him live, rather then die, still has me :shuked:

Needed a new show, so my wife and I started catching up on season 1 last night, which was 1 1/2 hours long.  Are all episodes this long, or was that just for the first one?  OK, but with potential.  Should hold us over until the shows pick up again in the fall.

The show's story is interesting so far.  However, I hate just about every character on this show.  Maybe that's part of the intrigue?

Needed a new show, so my wife and I started catching up on season 1 last night, which was 1 1/2 hours long.  Are all episodes this long, or was that just for the first one?  OK, but with potential.  Should hold us over until the shows pick up again in the fall.
Normally about an hour.. DVR's though and you can whip through in in 45 minutes or less as some commercial breaks..  especially now with the advertising for the new cowboy show.. Last week I think it was pushing 5 minute "Commercial" so watching it on DVR was nice. :thumbup:  

The show's story is interesting so far.  However, I hate just about every character on this show.  Maybe that's part of the intrigue?
I'd say, especially after last weeks episode, there are two characters worth cheering for..

Kayce.. The story of his experience while in the service was heart breaking  and brought a LOT of understanding to his character.

Rip ... Treated like a Son, then asked to sacrifice for the "Real" son.. Guy has been looking to be treated like a "Real" son his whole life and can't catch a break.

Otherwise, yea, the rest have reasons to dislike them, which is probably the reason we enjoy it..  :thumbup:  

I feel the same way. Part of the reason I stopped watching.  The brother they killed off in the pilot was the only character I remotely cared for and\or who seemed slightly believable.  

The cuckold brother has got to be the weakest character I can ever remember.  Why would anyone take that role?  "Hey we need a role where you will play a very weak male that is beaten up by his sister every episode."   This has to type cast this guy right?   "I remember you...you are the guy who played that biyotch on Yellow Stone." 

This week's episode might rank as the best episode of both seasons..

You do have to :shrug:  off the fact that the reporter, after being told about all the nasty things the family has done, agrees to meet Mr. Spineless on a Deserted road and turns her back on him after saying "I'm looking forward to destroying your family" .. 
Just write it off as "He is Mr. Spineless so I have no reason to fear him" and move on..

The Druggie and the Bronking Horse ride scenes were very well done.. Proud "Papa" moment for the old ranch hand..

The Physical Therapist telling the wife she was trying to kill something that wasn't dead yet to avoid the heartbreak was quite shocking.. He was just looking for a quick score but when turned away at the last minute, instead of taking it personally, knocks her down a peg or two and walks out the door.

Disagree on last week, the scene with the brother going off the deep end was horrible.  Plus they tried to make it look like she drowned - you can't get water in the lungs of someone who is not breathing. 

Disagree on last week, the scene with the brother going off the deep end was horrible.  Plus they tried to make it look like she drowned - you can't get water in the lungs of someone who is not breathing. 
Not to mention that all of her notes about her story are undoubtedly available to others.

:shrug: .. If there are no reasons to think it was anything but accidental, do they even bother with an autopsy? 

As I said, my wife and I thought it was one of the best episodes so far.. Really liked the druggie finding his niche with the help of the old ranch hand.. Also intrigued by the joining of the enemies vs. The brothers.. 

I’m digging it.  Nothing else like it on TV, acting is solid and I find I generally like Taylor Sheridan’s stuff for the past few years.  Sicario and Hell or High Water were great.  

Normally about an hour.. DVR's though and you can whip through in in 45 minutes or less as some commercial breaks..  especially now with the advertising for the new cowboy show.. Last week I think it was pushing 5 minute "Commercial" so watching it on DVR was nice. :thumbup:  
Last 2 episodes I dvr’d Wouldn’t let me ff

😠

Last week was intense.. But they were so heavy handed with the foreshadowing. Daughter gets warned.. Rip wants to say I love you on the roof to which she says.. Something like.. Don't, wait to say it when you save me.. Rip shows up just in time to save her and says I love you.. :rolleyes:  

This week set up the final 2 episodes to be quite good. :popcorn:

Last week was intense.. But they were so heavy handed with the foreshadowing. Daughter gets warned.. Rip wants to say I love you on the roof to which she says.. Something like.. Don't, wait to say it when you save me.. Rip shows up just in time to save her and says I love you.. :rolleyes:  

This week set up the final 2 episodes to be quite good. :popcorn:
Yeah I really enjoy the show but that was the most clumsy foreshadowing job I’ve ever seen.  We all knew what was going to happen immediately when she said that, I just expected it in the next episode at the very least.  But a scene or 2 later! Bush league. 

Are the only people left in this forum are people that just whine about the shows they watch every week? Ah well. 

I'm enjoying it for the most part.  Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to 1st season or something - why does the sister hate her lawyer brother so much?

I'm enjoying it for the most part.  Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to 1st season or something - why does the sister hate her lawyer brother so much?
It's one of the unknowns..We know she hates herself as she blames herself for her mom's death.. and hates anyone that doesn't show absolute loyalty to their Dad.. So maybe, besides what we've seen in Season 1, he did something to show complete disloyalty.. As it is, probably have to wait until Season 3 to find out at this point.. :popcorn:  

It's one of the unknowns..We know she hates herself as she blames herself for her mom's death.. and hates anyone that doesn't show absolute loyalty to their Dad.. So maybe, besides what we've seen in Season 1, he did something to show complete disloyalty.. As it is, probably have to wait until Season 3 to find out at this point.. :popcorn:  
Jamie was there too and I think she hates him for 2 reasons, 1- he was there and wasn’t able to do anything to help or “prevent” the death and 2- he’s weak and she despises weakness.  

Users who are viewing this thread