What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yellowstone - Paramount TV (1 Viewer)

Are the only people left in this forum are people that just whine about the shows they watch every week? Ah well. 
I am out after the finale.  Grandkid scenes are brutal, red head scenes are brutal, story in general is brutal.  

What was the opening scene last week?  Couple of cowboys breaking into a hangar to do something to a plane?  Ugh

I am out after the finale.  Grandkid scenes are brutal, red head scenes are brutal, story in general is brutal.  

What was the opening scene last week?  Couple of cowboys breaking into a hangar to do something to a plane?  Ugh
The cowboys were Kaycee and the black body guard to the one bad guy who drives the silver range rover (developer guy now friend of my enemy). And the plane belongs to the two brothers. Hey, I can understand if this doesn't make sense when you haven't been paying attention. 

The cowboys were Kaycee and the black body guard to the one bad guy who drives the silver range rover (developer guy now friend of my enemy). And the plane belongs to the two brothers. Hey, I can understand if this doesn't make sense when you haven't been paying attention. 
lol - petty attempt at an insult

I followed what happened - it's just an absurd plot line - a great deal of the plot is absurd.

They are trying to take a situation that probably has zero drama and make it into a gangland TV show.  It's even absurd for that concept.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's one of the unknowns..We know she hates herself as she blames herself for her mom's death.. and hates anyone that doesn't show absolute loyalty to their Dad.. So maybe, besides what we've seen in Season 1, he did something to show complete disloyalty.. As it is, probably have to wait until Season 3 to find out at this point.. :popcorn:  
Jamie was there too and I think she hates him for 2 reasons, 1- he was there and wasn’t able to do anything to help or “prevent” the death and 2- he’s weak and she despises weakness.  
:goodposting:   Guessing there is maybe a little more to it.. Like maybe he did something in the past to her/the family but doesn't think she knows, yet she does..

Anytime she goes after him, with either :boxing:  or words he has a look of "Why are you such an itch"....
which quickly turns into "I'm guilty of doing things she doesn't know so better just keep my tap shut".. 

:goodposting:  It wasn't really that hard to follow..

Two weeks ago call to brothers.."let's meet in Jackson hole".. Then Go to hanger, drop bomb into plane and say "No turning back".. 

1+1 = BOOM!

Pretty meh ending.  Minimal suspense.

It's a story about a modern day ranch family wanting to be a western wanting to be the Sopranos.

And I never mentioned the worst part of this season.  When the horse doctor figures out the dad has an ulcer misdiagnosed as cancer.

Looks like Paramount is investing in some interesting new series for 2020.

Deleted from DVR series recording.  Have fun.

Finale was intense, action packed and closed a lot of story lines.. Wife and I have really enjoyed the series so far and a little disappointed it was only 10 episodes..

Really looking forward to Season 3

For those that thought the finale was "meh"... then yea, this show isn't for you :bye:  

Don't want to rile the fans but we have a different view on intense.  Intensity should place some drama in the events.  The "good" guys should have been in some type of jeopardy - but instead a bunch of cowboys rolled in like trained killers and eliminated everyone without a challenge or anyone getting hurt.

And "Hey, Rip, will you ride through their compound on your horse and draw their fire?"  blech

Don't want to rile the fans but we have a different view on intense.  Intensity should place some drama in the events.  The "good" guys should have been in some type of jeopardy - but instead a bunch of cowboys rolled in like trained killers and eliminated everyone without a challenge or anyone getting hurt.

And "Hey, Rip, will you ride through their compound on your horse and draw their fire?"  blech
It was really was a horrible season finale.

Pretty meh ending.  Minimal suspense.

It's a story about a modern day ranch family wanting to be a western wanting to be the Sopranos.

And I never mentioned the worst part of this season.  When the horse doctor figures out the dad has an ulcer misdiagnosed as cancer.

Looks like Paramount is investing in some interesting new series for 2020.

Deleted from DVR series recording.  Have fun.
You might like the show more if you actually paid attention to what was going on. Dad had cancer. He had part of his colon/intestine removed because of it. The ulcer was not misdiagnoses cancer. It was a stubborn old man thinking his cancer was back and saying F it, "I'm going out on my own terms and not seeking medical help for the abdomen pains and spitting up blood."

This is Yellowstone on Paramount. Are you sure you aren't watching Yosemite on NatGeo?

You might like the show more if you actually paid attention to what was going on. Dad had cancer. He had part of his colon/intestine removed because of it. The ulcer was not misdiagnoses cancer. It was a stubborn old man thinking his cancer was back and saying F it, "I'm going out on my own terms and not seeking medical help for the abdomen pains and spitting up blood."

This is Yellowstone on Paramount. Are you sure you aren't watching Yosemite on NatGeo?
I knew you would run in here to the shows defense as soon as I posted.  I could have missed that - in all the absurdity. 

How about the real topic - did you enjoy the finale or not?  You didn't stop in here to post until other people posted - and you only stopped in to criticize others instead of talking about the finale. 

Really enjoyed the season again and the finale.  Good show and good entertainment.  

For those analyzing too to deep.  Crack a beer, turn off your brain and just enjoy the ride.   If being 100% realistic was the defining characteristic for good TV we’d have missed out on countless hours of entertainment.   

The Dude said:
I knew you would run in here to the shows defense as soon as I posted.  I could have missed that - in all the absurdity. 

How about the real topic - did you enjoy the finale or not?  You didn't stop in here to post until other people posted - and you only stopped in to criticize others instead of talking about the finale. 
Uh, you made your post yesterday. I work from home on Thursdays and don't feel the need to jump into this forum on days like that. But sure, 12 hours later is running in to defend the show. Heck, based on the time line, I didn't watch the season finale until close to when you were posting this and yet didn't make it in here for a half a day. 

the finale? Meh. I still really like the show, but the finale didn't do much for me. If they are going to send Rip in there as a sacrificial lamb, then sacrifice him. I did like the kid freaking out when he sees his dad. Although, I'm not sure the kid would be that frenzied so soon after being kidnapped. He was only taken less than a day prior, or am I getting the timing wrong. Still, I liked the scene. 

All that being said, it's not exactly defending the show as it is pointing out that you really don't have a grasp on some very key elements in the show. Such as the cancer/ulcer thing. That error has been posted in this thread more than once. Probably by you, but I don't have time to go check if someone else posted that or not. I didn't say, "the show is great because John Dutton got operated on by some horse vet in a mobile veterinary clinic." I pointed out that the plot point you despise so much is not in fact a plot point. He was never mis diagnosed as having cancer when it was just an ulcer. He had cancer. He had surgery for it. He was having follow up visits to the doctor for that surgery and recovery. The ulcer was separate that Dutton felt was his cancer coming back and so he never went in for treatment. You took offense to that rather than saying, "Oh, must've missed that," because it is obvious to everyone in this thread that you just missed it. No big deal. Happens to me and everyone else in here all the time. It's OK to admit to a mistake. 

Uh, you made your post yesterday. I work from home on Thursdays and don't feel the need to jump into this forum on days like that. But sure, 12 hours later is running in to defend the show. Heck, based on the time line, I didn't watch the season finale until close to when you were posting this and yet didn't make it in here for a half a day. 

the finale? Meh. I still really like the show, but the finale didn't do much for me. If they are going to send Rip in there as a sacrificial lamb, then sacrifice him. I did like the kid freaking out when he sees his dad. Although, I'm not sure the kid would be that frenzied so soon after being kidnapped. He was only taken less than a day prior, or am I getting the timing wrong. Still, I liked the scene. 

All that being said, it's not exactly defending the show as it is pointing out that you really don't have a grasp on some very key elements in the show. Such as the cancer/ulcer thing. That error has been posted in this thread more than once. Probably by you, but I don't have time to go check if someone else posted that or not. I didn't say, "the show is great because John Dutton got operated on by some horse vet in a mobile veterinary clinic." I pointed out that the plot point you despise so much is not in fact a plot point. He was never mis diagnosed as having cancer when it was just an ulcer. He had cancer. He had surgery for it. He was having follow up visits to the doctor for that surgery and recovery. The ulcer was separate that Dutton felt was his cancer coming back and so he never went in for treatment. You took offense to that rather than saying, "Oh, must've missed that," because it is obvious to everyone in this thread that you just missed it. No big deal. Happens to me and everyone else in here all the time. It's OK to admit to a mistake. 
I agree on the bold part.. If nothing else have another gunshot/surgery.. Instead the protection from the Indian was all that was needed.

As for the Kid freaking out.. It was difficult to tell how long it went from Kidnap to getting to Whitefish.. was at least 3 days, possibly more.. During which time the kid had been kidnapped, then transferred to the Militia group, then sent to WhiteFish.. Who knows all the hell he went through during those days.. 

IMO, the show was right in line with 99% of any Western Movie ever made.. It is a fun ride and we are looking forward to the next season. :thumbup:  

bahahahahaha - took offense to a message board post - you're funny

Rip reminds me of Daryl from The Walking Dead.  

Both have have become one of the most beloved characters in their series.    

Rip needs more screen time and the kid, the wife, and the cuckold son need less. 

I agree on the bold part.. If nothing else have another gunshot/surgery.. Instead the protection from the Indian was all that was needed.

As for the Kid freaking out.. It was difficult to tell how long it went from Kidnap to getting to Whitefish.. was at least 3 days, possibly more.. During which time the kid had been kidnapped, then transferred to the Militia group, then sent to WhiteFish.. Who knows all the hell he went through during those days.. 

IMO, the show was right in line with 99% of any Western Movie ever made.. It is a fun ride and we are looking forward to the next season. :thumbup:  
Then I like the scene even more. 

And I agree. It's inline with most western movies. The difference is it's shot in present day which I love even more. I can't think of anyone else who has done something like this. It's pretty brilliant. Sure, some of the drama and mafioso tactics are over blown, but I don't watch TV to see the every day mundane stuff. That's called life. I watch TV to escape from that for a little while. 

SIL recommended this series. I don’t want to read the thread to avoid spoilers. What’s the general consensus on if this worth paying for? With all the content I’m already paying for or that’s available I have a hard time justifying paying $25 for season one. 

Unlike most I actually really like Kevin Costner. I love westerns. I love frontier justice. Seems like it’s right up my alley but would like to see what FBGs think. 

TIA

SIL recommended this series. I don’t want to read the thread to avoid spoilers. What’s the general consensus on if this worth paying for? With all the content I’m already paying for or that’s available I have a hard time justifying paying $25 for season one. 

Unlike most I actually really like Kevin Costner. I love westerns. I love frontier justice. Seems like it’s right up my alley but would like to see what FBGs think. 

TIA
I love this show.  It’s not perfect but it’s very good.  Very much looking forward to season 3.  

I would have a hard time paying $25 for one season of anything.  I have liked this show a lot and look forward to the next season.  It is entertaining and interesting.  Characters are fun even though they are over the top at times....

Best show in existence. Jimmy is a piece of work. I bet he dies in Season 3. He's just the one that is a feel-good story. Would make for good TV if he was killed off.

:thanks:  for the bump... 

With the new season coming out fathers Day weekend, I've been re-watching season 1 and 2 that I dvr'd when Paramount reran them during Mothers day weekend.

Still as good the second time as the first.. Many moments where I've been re- :shock:  with "Dang.. forgot that happened".. 

Just finished binge watching seasons 1 and 2.  I enjoyed it way more than I thought.  I’d hate to hear that I am getting a ride to the train station.  Rip is my favorite character on the show, it was sad to see him being sacrificed in the final episode.  Season 3 is airing this Sunday.

Definitely was character/story line development episode for the season 3 opener.

:lmao:  when Beth poured the "christening" shot down her blouse and said "Oops, let me pour you another one" and Rip replies " I'll take that one" .

Wife and I finished season two last night.

No, it isn’t realistic. Yes, it can be sloppy at times. Yes, we’re enjoying it. 

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:
Wife and I finished season two last night.

No, it isn’t realistic. Yes, it can be sloppy at times. Yes, we’re enjoying it. 
I describe it as a modernized Dallas with less cheese.  It’s just fun entertainment for an hour each week.  Analysis not required or recommended. 

I can add the actress who plays Beth to the list of actors/actresses that I had no idea they were not from the United States.  Just saw her doing an interview and her British accent was a surprise.  

Literally in his office for 30secs and ####s the bed.  
How did he #### the bed?  He sent an agent to help out and the agent went overboard.  It all really matters at this point how he handles the situation.  Jaime didn't do anything other than help out by sending an agent.  The agent is the one the has issues unless Jaime tries to cover it up or back the agent in some way. 

How did he #### the bed?  He sent an agent to help out and the agent went overboard.  It all really matters at this point how he handles the situation.  Jaime didn't do anything other than help out by sending an agent.  The agent is the one the has issues unless Jaime tries to cover it up or back the agent in some way. 
He sent the agent out with the directive to “send a message” 5 secs on the job. If that’s not ####ting the bed I don’t know what is.  

He sent the agent out with the directive to “send a message” 5 secs on the job. If that’s not ####ting the bed I don’t know what is.  
Just like with anything else it's how you deal with adversity because you will always run into it eventually.  His big event is how he deals with it.  If he craps down his leg then he is in trouble.  If he handles it well it is a chance to move ahead. 

Just like with anything else it's how you deal with adversity because you will always run into it eventually.  His big event is how he deals with it.  If he craps down his leg then he is in trouble.  If he handles it well it is a chance to move ahead. 
Yes and no, if you’re the one creating the adversity you don’t exactly get a whole Lotta credit for how you deal with it.  

Yes and no, if you’re the one creating the adversity you don’t exactly get a whole Lotta credit for how you deal with it.  
He didn't say Kill the guys.  Big difference between send a message and kill people.  If he is smart he can dance around that.....big if with him though...hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread