Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
FistofHeaven

Watch out for this new Commish Justin Kasper - FFPC

Recommended Posts

Had my first draft with him. Not sure if I'm unreasonable since these situations never been a problem before. Had played over 15 FFPC teams prior to joining this draft and here are the highlights with him as commish:

1) He refused to wait for the final player. He called him once and couldn't reach him. Started the draft as if all 12 players were there. The late player autodrafted the first couple rounds. 

2) When a technical error popped up, I couldn't add the player I wanted to the queue and the system auto-drafted. I notified Justin IMMEDIATELY of the situation. He refused to fix the pick and continued with the draft. (even though the player wasn't even picked in the several picks). I ended up with 2 QBS with my first 6 picks. 

3) Blamed me by saying don't use add to queue but use the draft button instead

4) Later on, had the audacity to acknowledge that there might be an issue and will notify system admins about it

 

When did FFPC get this unreasonable? Every year, someone is late. Most of the veteran commissioners have opted to wait for the final players because they know $350 is a good chunk of change. When technical issues popped up in previous years, all of the veteran commissioners have paused the draft and fixed the pick immediately. 

Additionally, the technical issue I experienced has been repeatable on other player's computers as well. The + Queue button fails to work sometimes when pressing on it. 

 

This is the first time I'm truly disappointed in this company. I haven't seen a commish this strict, unhelpful and unreasonable EVER in the history of my playing on FFPC. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FistofHeaven said:

Had my first draft with him. Not sure if I'm unreasonable since these situations never been a problem before. Had played over 15 FFPC teams prior to joining this draft and here are the highlights with him as commish:

1) He refused to wait for the final player. He called him once and couldn't reach him. Started the draft as if all 12 players were there. The late player autodrafted the first couple rounds.
As a player, I don't mind waiting 10 minutes or so to start. Others may not be so patient. I don't know if they have a policy about this. Chances are, whether going by what he might have queued up or just the site ADP, autopicks in the first 2 rounds didn't really do any harm. It would have been nice to wait, but I wouldn't feel bad for him.

2) When a technical error popped up, I couldn't add the player I wanted to the queue and the system auto-drafted. I notified Justin IMMEDIATELY of the situation. He refused to fix the pick and continued with the draft. (even though the player wasn't even picked in the several picks). I ended up with 2 QBS with my first 6 picks.

3) Blamed me by saying don't use add to queue but use the draft button instead

4) Later on, had the audacity to acknowledge that there might be an issue and will notify system admins about it
2,3,4 - Even if you did hit the wrong button, I've seen plenty of times a commish has paused the draft and undone a pick regardless of the reason. I don't understand his problem. I'd be pissed too.

When did FFPC get this unreasonable? Every year, someone is late. Most of the veteran commissioners have opted to wait for the final players because they know $350 is a good chunk of change. When technical issues popped up in previous years, all of the veteran commissioners have paused the draft and fixed the pick immediately. 

Additionally, the technical issue I experienced has been repeatable on other player's computers as well. The + Queue button fails to work sometimes when pressing on it. 

This is the first time I'm truly disappointed in this company. I haven't seen a commish this strict, unhelpful and unreasonable EVER in the history of my playing on FFPC. 

Alex will probably see this, but if you haven't already, you may still want to email support.

Good luck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is awful.  That commish needs to be removed from working further drafts ASAP.  Been in way too many of these and never have I seen a commish start a draft with a player not present.  That is absurd. FFPC owes you and everyone else in that league some answers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FistofHeaven said:

Had my first draft with him. Not sure if I'm unreasonable since these situations never been a problem before. Had played over 15 FFPC teams prior to joining this draft and here are the highlights with him as commish:

1) He refused to wait for the final player. He called him once and couldn't reach him. Started the draft as if all 12 players were there. The late player autodrafted the first couple rounds. 

2) When a technical error popped up, I couldn't add the player I wanted to the queue and the system auto-drafted. I notified Justin IMMEDIATELY of the situation. He refused to fix the pick and continued with the draft. (even though the player wasn't even picked in the several picks). I ended up with 2 QBS with my first 6 picks. 

3) Blamed me by saying don't use add to queue but use the draft button instead

4) Later on, had the audacity to acknowledge that there might be an issue and will notify system admins about it

 

When did FFPC get this unreasonable? Every year, someone is late. Most of the veteran commissioners have opted to wait for the final players because they know $350 is a good chunk of change. When technical issues popped up in previous years, all of the veteran commissioners have paused the draft and fixed the pick immediately. 

Additionally, the technical issue I experienced has been repeatable on other player's computers as well. The + Queue button fails to work sometimes when pressing on it. 

 

This is the first time I'm truly disappointed in this company. I haven't seen a commish this strict, unhelpful and unreasonable EVER in the history of my playing on FFPC.

 

We spoke to Justin yesterday after receiving your email and from his perceptive, based on the draft from and communication with you during the draft, this was a user error in using the QUEUE functionality. Commissioning a live draft is not an exact science and each commissioner uses his own discretion to make a decision on the spot based in the situation. In this case, he felt that rewinding the draft at that point was not warranted as the drafted player was taken from your personal QUEUE. Rewinding the draft is typically only reserved for connection issues or technical issues, like users being frozen out of the draft, as an example.

We are sorry you didn't have a great draft experience, as your first and only draft of the 2018 season so far, but contrary to the post above, there are no issues with the QUEUE button as none were reported during that or any other draft yesterday or any other day recently.

 

 

Edited by Alex - FFPC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And you defend him starting the draft w/o an owner present? Please that’s embarrassing.  I’ve done 30-40 of these at this point and have never seen this done before.  People pony up a good chunk of $ to do these.  Owner could have had an emergency of sort.  Who knows.   If commish waited a reasonable amt of time for this owner (which doesnt appear to be the case) then its somewhat acceptable.  I’ve been in some waiting 10-15 min for owner to show.  It sucks but it’s the right thing to do for everyone in the league. Especially with an overall prize at stake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

And you defend him starting the draft w/o an owner present? Please that’s embarrassing.  I’ve done 30-40 of these at this point and have never seen this done before.  People pony up a good chunk of $ to do these.  Owner could have had an emergency of sort.  Who knows.   If commish waited a reasonable amt of time for this owner (which doesnt appear to be the case) then its somewhat acceptable.  I’ve been in some waiting 10-15 min for owner to show.  It sucks but it’s the right thing to do for everyone in the league. Especially with an overall prize at stake. 

If a player is late and the commissioner calls the player on the phone and gets no response, his job is to start the draft unless he is aware of another reason to keep waiting. A five minute delay can turn into ten. Ten can turn into twenty. And then what? Our goal is the create a pleasant draft experience for all 12 owners. If one is late and not responding, waiting for him hurts that draft experience for the other 11 owners who are there on time. We do it sometimes, but we have to know that the late owner is on his way into the draft room.

Edited by Alex - FFPC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re going to defend his actions regardless.  All I can say is I’ve been a customer for 6 years and have NEVER seen a commish start a a single draft w/o an owner present.  And ive seen owners be late quite a few times during that span.  I’ve waited upwards of 15 min a couple times even.  The “pleasant draft experience” isn’t really affected much.  It’s a lot better then having 1 owner auto draft for however many picks.  Not to mention you’re also giving the rest of the owners an advantage over all other owners in this contest.  Frankly you shouldn’t even run a draft unless all owners are present.  When it’s part of an overall contest.  Online satellites different story. 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

You’re going to defend his actions regardless.  All I can say is I’ve been a customer for 6 years and have NEVER seen a commish start a a single draft w/o an owner present.  And ive seen owners be late quite a few times during that span.  I’ve waited upwards of 15 min a couple times even.  The “pleasant draft experience” isn’t really affected much.  It’s a lot better then having 1 owner auto draft for however many picks.  Not to mention you’re also giving the rest of the owners an advantage over all other owners in this contest. Frankly you shouldn’t even run a draft unless all owners are present. When it’s part of an overall contest.  Online satellites different story. 

Obviously we have fairly opposing views on how the FFPC should be running drafts, and that's perfectly fine.

Edited by Alex - FFPC
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I don’t like this grey area when you’re dealing with overall contests.  If it’s solely based on the discretion of the commish running it (which it sounds like it is) you’re going to see these random/rare decisions because the guy had somewhere to be or he was pissed off and said screw it, let’s go. The guy made 1 call and started the draft. With 2 rds autopicked.  You’re talking ~ 10 min delay if that.  Defending this commish is embarrassing.  Then again, you’re never wrong on anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal responsibility man, keep your cell phone on. One person shouldn't ruin the experience of the other 11. I agree with Alex on this one, we all know the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Yea I don’t like this grey area when you’re dealing with overall contests.  If it’s solely based on the discretion of the commish running it (which it sounds like it is) you’re going to see these random/rare decisions because the guy had somewhere to be or he was pissed off and said screw it, let’s go. The guy made 1 call and started the draft. With 2 rds autopicked.  You’re talking ~ 10 min delay if that.  Defending this commish is embarrassing.  Then again, you’re never wrong on anything.  

who said it is a grey area, he said you call the person, if they are on their way and will be there shortly you wait, if no answer you start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

who said it is a grey area, he said you call the person, if they are on their way and will be there shortly you wait, if no answer you start.

Right and you’re telling me all commishes act that way?  Please.  There’s the grey area.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't show up on time thats your problem. Why should others wait for someone who is late. Its telling the rest of the league their time isn't important. No excuse for being late. The FFPC can't teach people what buttons to click. Its also not their job to babysit. Sorry to sound harsh but its a business on their end...they have to go by a specific set of rules everyone agree's upon. If someone clicks the wrong button....thats on them. Draft shouldn't be reset. The commish did 100% the right thing, unfortunately the OP was effected and upset. The ability to stick to the rules is one thing that attracts me to this sort of format. I look forward to playing many more in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Da Gildz said:

Right and you’re telling me all commishes act that way?  Please.  There’s the grey area.  

All draft commissioners are instructed to call a player that's not in the draft room at the start of the draft. So yes, all commissioners act that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alex - FFPC said:

DAll draft commissioners are instructed to call a player that's not in the draft room at the start of the draft. So yes, all commissioners act that way.

Just what they do ‘after’ that call is completely up to their discretion I suppose.  Why not put a definitive time limit in place so we don’t see a guy get screwed because he ended up with the wrong commissioner.  Where another commissioner waits it out for the owner.  #### happens.  Contrary to some posters above who believe there’s no excuse for being late.  That’s just absurd.  Again I’ve never seen this before and it’s unfair to the 1 guy this happened to.   What’s interesting is you’ll delay drafts 15-30 minutes so they fill up without hesitation but then won’t give an owner 10 min to join a draft before u auto-draft him.  I guarantee the 11 owners waiting those 15-30 min for it to fill are more then happy to do so.  Let’s be fair.  This guy acted out of line.  Own it.  Stop with the excuses.  These other ffpc shills won’t convince me otherwise.  

 

 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

Just what they do ‘after’ that call is completely up to their discretion I suppose.  Why not put a definitive time limit in place so we don’t see a guy get screwed because he ended up with the wrong commissioner.  Where another commissioner waits it out for the owner.  #### happens.  Contrary to some posters above who believe there’s no excuse for being late.  That’s just absurd.  Again I’ve never seen this before and it’s unfair to the 1 guy this happened to.   What’s interesting is you’ll delay drafts 15-30 minutes so they fill up without hesitation but then won’t give an owner 10 min to join a draft before u auto-draft him.  I guarantee the 11 owners waiting those 15-30 min for it to fill are more then happy to do so.  Let’s be fair.  This guy acted out of line.  Own it.  Stop with the excuses.  These other ffpc shills won’t convince me otherwise. 

One thing I have learned in my years of doing this is, there will always be people who don't like what you're doing or how you're doing it, no matter how much you try to please everyone. So I'm going to let the FFPC's 11-year track record speak for me and bow out of this pointless convo. Good luck and I hope you keep having fun playing in the Footballguys Players Championship and the Main Event.

Edited by Alex - FFPC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the great ffpc folks working behind the scenes and promoting the site like Balky, Dave, Chris etc, it is really puzzling that you’re the one representing them on this forum.  Bizarre.  

Congrats on the 11 years of success.  Which also means every commish working for the site is above reproach.  Gotcha.  

By the way, I love the format , love the site etc etc.     

But your condescending/dismissing attitude towards the companys’ customers is just nauseating.

 

 

Edited by Da Gildz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Da Gildz said:

With all the great ffpc folks working behind the scenes and promoting the site like Balky, Dave, Chris etc, it is really puzzling that you’re the one representing them on this forum.  Bizarre.  

Congrats on the 11 years of success.  Which also means every commish working for the site is above reproach.  Gotcha.  

By the way, I love the format , love the site etc etc.     

But your condescending/dismissing attitude towards the companys’ customers is just nauseating.

Haha! Not the first time I’ve been called dead weight and won’t be the last. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year a guy was late to a draft, he got his picks auto drafted for him and he came in around the third round pissed we started without him. The commish explained he tried to call but got no answer. Personally, I think a ten minute grace period and phone call is enough. I mean, what the hell is so important in your life that you miss a fantasy draft? Priorities, folks. Priorities. My calendars in life revolve around draft dates.

Is there a way to mock draft using the ffpc software? Maybe those newer to the platform could get familiar with the program prior to the real deal.

My experiences with the ffpc far exceed what happened with one of their competitor's sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.