What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime Day 2018 (1 Viewer)

Would like to get another Tap or Echo.  Also would like to get the family Amazon music service - any chance that’s on sale?

I was going to buy a Chromecast this week for a secondary TV, any opinions on the Amazon Fire TV instead, if it's one of the Prime deals (I think their own stuff almost always is)?  

Just scrolled through all 221 pages of their featured deals that they had listed- flagged a couple but didn;t see anything that made me giddy.

Will probably grab a couple more Fire TV Sticks at $20 each though

I was going to buy a Chromecast this week for a secondary TV, any opinions on the Amazon Fire TV instead, if it's one of the Prime deals (I think their own stuff almost always is)?  
For me, Watch TCM is the killer app on the Amazon Fire TV gizmo.  It's definitely not supported on Roku or Apple TV, not sure about Chromecast or whether TCM is a thing in Canada.

For me, Watch TCM is the killer app on the Amazon Fire TV gizmo.  It's definitely not supported on Roku or Apple TV, not sure about Chromecast or whether TCM is a thing in Canada.
Do you use MLB.tv on the Fire TV? That would be it's primary use for me.

Do you use MLB.tv on the Fire TV? That would be it's primary use for me.
MLB app works fine on my old Fire stick. 

I'd say the biggest inherent difference in the Fire TV products vs. their competitors is the way Amazon integrates/highlights their content.  Other than that, the only difference is which third-party apps are supported on each platform.

I don't use any of that Alexa #### with the TV.

If your main TVs already have Wi-Fi so you get apps including Netflix, is there a benefit to having a fire stick? 

I have a fire stick on my bedroom TV but not the others.

If your main TVs already have Wi-Fi so you get apps including Netflix, is there a benefit to having a fire stick? 

I use my fire stick exclusively with terrarium to watch whatever, whenever..  I just ordered (2) more today because I'm sick of fighting my daughters over it....

Just ordered the Fire TV and dot combo, not bad for $60!  Right off the bat the Fire TV replaces two devices for me (freeing up an HDMI port on the TV), plus it's already 4k and HDR capable for whenever I need to upgrade the TV itself. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I find (with chromecast, not fire tv) that some apps work better on it that they do through my SmartTV, In trying to find out why, I've read that some app/content providers are no longer providing support for their apps for all Smart TV's, because there are so many different makes and models, so they're focusing support on Apple TV/Chromecast/Fire TV/Roku etc... 

???  My 'Smart TV' stopped being smart a while back.  We had a storm that knocked out our Internet Router and fried everything connected to the router via Ethernet.  TV works fine, but now I have to use another device for 'Smart TV'.

I got the Fire TV for 4K support and also because we will be cutting the cord soon.

Users who are viewing this thread