What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Questions for Trump supporters (1 Viewer)

I know it's hard for people to hear positive things said about Trump, but I've asked repeatedly to keep this thread on topic and a few of you seem to just want to fight.

Stop. 

This is not a thread to debate with Trump supporters. This is a thread where Trump supporters can speak their mind.  Many of them have.  Let them.  

I know it's hard for people to hear positive things said about Trump, but I've asked repeatedly to keep this thread on topic and a few of you seem to just want to fight.

Stop. 

This is not a thread to debate with Trump supporters. This is a thread where Trump supporters can speak their mind.  Many of them have.  Let them.  
Sorry.  I didn’t realize a thread titled “Questions For Trump Supporters” wasn’t the place to ask questions of Trump supporters.  I’ve removed all my previous posts from this thread and will not post in it again.  

Stop. 

Appreciate the effort but this is about a year too late . Trump does get discussed , pros & cons by supporters that post here at fbg but it’s behind closed doors. Good group of guys that have been run out. It is what it is. Anyone interested hit me up

Appreciate the effort but this is about a year too late . Trump does get discussed , pros & cons by supporters that post here at fbg but it’s behind closed doors. Good group of guys that have been run out. It is what it is. Anyone interested hit me up
Here is me hitting you up, comrad.

I always ask Trump supporters to point to a respected Republican who thinks Trump is anything but a danger.  Usually crickets.

40% of the population is huge.  But look around at who you are standing with.  It really is Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson types leading you.  Even Drudge has been hedging lately.

Honest question - does he really get credit for Supreme Court nominations?  He didn't do anything most other republicans would not have done.  I give him zero credit as an accomplishment.
I give him credit for picking qualified people - he could have picked unqualified people but didn’t.

I always ask Trump supporters to point to a respected Republican who thinks Trump is anything but a danger.  Usually crickets.

40% of the population is huge.  But look around at who you are standing with.  It really is Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson types leading you.  Even Drudge has been hedging lately.
Nobody leads me.   Plus i like deplorables.

Look who is leading you.   Is it worth following joe and mika?  

Last edited by a moderator:

I am a well respected Republican.  Trump is fine.  

This is a fine thread, but why is it necessary?  I've mentioned this before, but Hillary Clinton was just as unpopular around here, maybe more unpopular, until she became the default anti-Trump option. Her supporters at that time- who I can count on one hand and have a couple fingers left- never demanded that they be allowed to speak their minds free of criticism and challenges. We addressed the substance of the criticism and challenges with facts and arguments.

If @tommyGunZ and I can handle it between the two of us, certainly the dozen or so Trump supporters around here can do it too, no? If not perhaps the problem isn't a lack of numbers but a lack of ammunition to defend the man?

This is a fine thread, but why is it necessary?  I've mentioned this before, but Hillary Clinton was just as unpopular around here, maybe more unpopular, until she became the default anti-Trump option. Her supporters at that time- who I can count on one hand and have a couple fingers left- never demanded that they be allowed to speak their minds free of criticism and challenges. We addressed the substance of the criticism and challenges with facts and arguments.

If @tommyGunZ and I can handle it between the two of us, certainly the dozen or so Trump supporters around here can do it too, no? If not perhaps the problem isn't a lack of numbers but a lack of ammunition to defend the man?
Well Trump supporters are very interesting and sensitive.   We need special treatment.   

How do Trump fans feel about the tax cuts, while increasing spending? The deficit had been shrinking in last few years but is now ballooning again.

Well Trump supporters are very interesting and sensitive.   We need special treatment.   
I mean, I didn't want to say it, but the irony of this from the folks that made fun of college kids for requesting safe spaces and literally wore shirts that said "#### your feelings" is kind of hard to ignore.

I think the EPA acting like congress is a problem.   They create rules with the force of law.   

I dont think they consider the cost of their regulation on the american economy.   I think you are seeing the negative effect they had on the economy.    

Thats how so.

I think the EPA acting like congress is a problem.   They create rules with the force of law.   

I dont think they consider the cost of their regulation on the american economy.   I think you are seeing the negative effect they had on the economy.    

Thats how so.
In what way was the economy being negatively effected by the EPA?

In regards to environment is this something Trump fans support (On my phone in a boring meeting so am cutting and pasting from some National Geographic article. Apologies for no link but this seems pretty straight forward facts that do not need citation)

Science magazine reports that the Trump administration has ended NASA's Carbon Monitoring System, a $10-million-per-year effort to fund pilot programs intended to improve the monitoring of global carbon emissions.

How do Trump fans feel about the tax cuts, while increasing spending? The deficit had been shrinking in last few years but is now ballooning again.
I like tax cuts.  I spend to much in taxes.  The problem with spending cuts is they never happen.   The deficit grows with record receipts.    Cut one thing.   People #####.    Besides most of the spending isnt cutable.  Its required. So i cant get spending cuts except to vulnerable populations.

So i guess i hope the cuts grow the economy enough to offset the dip in govt revenue.

But that doesnt happen in 1 quarter or even a year.   You gotta let them work.

In regards to environment is this something Trump fans support (On my phone in a boring meeting so am cutting and pasting from some National Geographic article. Apologies for no link but this seems pretty straight forward facts that do not need citation)

Science magazine reports that the Trump administration has ended NASA's Carbon Monitoring System, a $10-million-per-year effort to fund pilot programs intended to improve the monitoring of global carbon emissions.
I read somewhere that the american economy is already below paris accord carbon targets.    Thats capitalism baby!  Eff yea.

Thats how so.
On the first point- they are literally barred from doing this.  They can be sued and the courts will vacate their actions if they find they have exceeded their statutory mandate. Here's an example from the Obama administration.

On the second point- they are literally required to consider the economic cost of their actions under Executive Order 12866, which mandates cost-benefit analysis for any "economically significant" rulemaking.  Here's the wikipedia entry on the EO. In addition the Administrative Procedure Act requires agencies to give all stakeholders (including industry) a say in the process and to address all of their comments and criticisms before publishing a final rule.

On the first point- they are literally barred from doing this.  They can be sued and the courts will vacate their actions if they find they have exceeded their statutory mandate. Here's an example from the Obama administration.

On the second point- they are literally required to consider the economic cost of their actions under Executive Order 12866, which mandates cost-benefit analysis for any "economically significant" rulemaking.  Here's the wikipedia entry on the EO. In addition the Administrative Procedure Act requires agencies to give all stakeholders (including industry) a say in the process and to address all of their comments and criticisms before publishing a final rule.
I dont believe this happens tho.   Its to expensive to fight the bottomless pit of epa money.   For every company that fights them    1000 dont.   

Well if you read my first post in this thread i addressed it.    I cant effect it i dont spend any time wortying about it.

You want me to stop supporting trump cuz of this?   I have other problems.
Is it fair to say you don’t support his environmental policy then or more that it’s not a concern of yours.

I dont believe this happens tho.   Its to expensive to fight the bottomless pit of epa money.   For every company that fights them    1000 dont.   
You're wrong about this too. The money is all on the industry side, and it's not at all expensive for them. The cost of regulatory work is barely a blip on their financials.

This stuff is what I do for a living, or at least what I pretend to do for a living while I'm posting here and managing fantasy teams.  Prob best to just take the L on this one and move on.

Is it fair to say you don’t support his environmental policy then or more that it’s not a concern of yours.
It seems to me that the economy is kinda robust.    Something happened just after obama left the white house.    The only thing that makes sense to me is that Trump was removing regulations.

Nope what?

Google can answer your GDP questions.

I already answered that.
Nope to your question about 3% annual.

Not finding a clear answer on google, just seeing a lot of projections. If I’m reading correctly I’m seeing 2% currently.

I’m on my phone right now so a bit limited.

You're wrong about this too. The money is all on the industry side, and it's not at all expensive for them. The cost of regulatory work is barely a blip on their financials.

This stuff is what I do for a living, or at least what I pretend to do for a living while I'm posting here and managing fantasy teams.  Prob best to just take the L on this one and move on.
Ok councelor.   I take a knee.   

bostonfred said:

Stop. 

Please let the Trump fans talk among themselves. 

And HT is right we tried this before, he gave it a good effort. I'm afraid there was a paucity of actual Trump-only discussion but let's try it again. Let this thread be for them only. Also h/t to @Captain Crankswho IIRC actually was the first to try this back in the day. He was right, let them discuss in their own space and see what happens.

The General said:
Nope to your question about 3% annual.

Not finding a clear answer on google, just seeing a lot of projections. If I’m reading correctly I’m seeing 2% currently.

I’m on my phone right now so a bit limited.
No hurry    out the door   later bro.

After rereading the first post I guess this is only for Trump fans to talk. I just read through the beginning and saw a bunch of questions so figured it was a place to leave snark out but have back and forth. 

Apologies Trump fans. 

And HT is right we tried this before, he gave it a good effort. I'm afraid there was a paucity of actual Trump-only discussion but let's try it again. Let this thread be for them only. Also h/t to @Captain Crankswho IIRC actually was the first to try this back in the day. He was right, let them discuss in their own space and see what happens.
Thanks, SID.  Yeah...I wish some of my fellow Trump-haters would show some restraint and let the Trump-supporters have their space in at least one thread.  I understand we have questions about what drives their feelings/positions, but there are 100 other threads for that.  

OK ... but why?  That seems like a reasonable question. Nobody else has needed this, Trump is not the first unpopular politician in the history of the forum, and his policies are not the first unpopular policies around here.  Why do Trump supporters need or deserve a safe space that others do not?

Users who are viewing this thread